Athena name meaning
On This Page
What does Athena mean?
Prevalent girl name Athena is commonly used in Danish, English, Swedish, Finnish, Tamil, Greenlandic, Greek, Icelandic, Norwegian and German. Its origin is in Old Greek, Athena means "Greek Goddess of Wisdom or Unknown".
Athena is Latin form of Αθηνα, the Name of the Greek Goddess of Wisdom of Uncertain Meaning.
How do I pronounce Athena?
Three syllabled Athena is most commonly pronounced as ah-thee-nah. It can also be pronounced as a-the-na.
Variants of Athena
Nicknames for Athena
Potential nicknames for the name Athena include:
Middle Names for Athena
Emee, Nona, Berniece, view more middle names that goes with AthenaNames that rhyme with Athena
How popular is the name Athena?
Athena is a popular name in United States given to over 33744 babies in 109 years. Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 117th when 2582 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 16 times A common name in England and Wales having over 1769 recievers in 23 years of usage. Presently peaked at the charts, it ranked 239th when 210 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Athena is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 853 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Athena.
Over 860 people have been named Athena in France. Athena is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 645th.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2003 when it ranked 989th.
But Athena is a popular baby name in Iran where every 1 in 5000 have the name.
As per our findings, over 40000 babies have been bestowed Athena around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Athena
You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. Your independence and narcissism make you more attractive than you already are in people's eyes. You can't stand injustice. You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. Find out what your passion is. Stop trying to fit in. You are the most self-motivated person you know. You can easily get turned off by a person's reckless behavior or bad habits.
Do you like Athena? Read these names too
- Athena means Greek Goddess of Wisdom or Unknown is a baby girl name is came from Old Greek is used specifically in Finnish, Danish and Tamil
- Gerion - Gerions origin is Greek, meaning of Gerion is "Greis" which is chiefly used in Danish and Swedish is aimed at boys
- Verona - Predominant and Evergreen girl name Verona is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Verona is "Bearer of Victory, Bringing Victory or Small City in Northern Italy" is predominantly used in English, Norwegian and Finnish
- Alexis - Mainly used in Norwegian, Greek and Icelandic languages trendy and unfading, Alexis means "To Protect or The Defender" and is given to both sexes has its origin in Old Greek
- Mirte - Mirtes origin is English and Old Greek is particulary used in Norwegian and Dutch, meaning of Mirte is "Myrtos" is used for girls
Sibling Names for Athena
If you're looking for sibling names that complement the beautiful name "Athena," then look no further! We've compiled a list of names that not only sound great with Athena but also have significant meanings and origins. From classic to unique, here are some sibling names that will work wonders for your little ones.
Sister to Athena
Brother to Athena
Famous people named Athena
- Athena Starwoman, was Australia's most successful and well known astrologers through the 1970s to her passing
- Athena, rock/ska band from Istanbul, Turkey
- Athena Chu, Hong Kong actress and singer
- Athena Lee, American musician, drummer and actor
- Athena Massey, retired American actress
- Athena Cage, American singer
- Athena Kolbe, human rights researcher, and writer
- Athena Karkanis, Canadian actress and voice actress
- Athena McDowell in West Divided as Actress
- Athena Kottak in Heaven as
- Athena Alexander in The Usual Suspects as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Athena Lorde in The Pink Panther Show as Actress
- Athena Droutis in Three Card Trick as Actress
- Athena Lundberg in Playboy Video Playmate Calendar 2007 as
- Athena Pleasures in Big Girls Are Sexy 3 as Actress
- Athena Colón in Blindly Bound as Actress
- In 1958, Athena Michaelidou characterized the role of N in adventure and drama movie Gerakina.
- In 1969 drama flick, Marina, Athena Prezaki played Marina.
- In drama movie, My Secret Self, Athena Marie characterized Tracy.
- Athena Cansino, from 2003 action and comedy movie Welcome 2 Ibiza, who portrayed the Lauren.
- In comedy and horror movie, Holy Shit Man!, Athena Prychodko portrayed Ally.
- In 2013, Athena Masci characterized the role of Amy in drama and music movie Locomotive.
Lists having Athena
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ena
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean Wisdom