Brita name meaning
On This Page
What does Brita mean?
Used dominantly in Scandinavian, Norwegian, Irish, Faroese, German, English, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and Greenlandic uncustomary, Brita is used as a girl name, Brita means "Strength, Power, Exalted One, To Help or Sublime" is rooted from Old English, Celtic and Old Norse.
Brita is a variant form of popular Brett. Brett is abridged form of Brendan. Mostly used in English and Breton unexpected, Brett, meaning of Brett is "Native of Brittany and A Breton" has its origin in Old English.
Brita is abridged form of Birgitta. Birgitta is variation of sacred and admired Birgit. Also Birgitta is a form of venerable, saintly and trendy Bridget. Birgitta is Nordic cognate of Brigitte.
Also Birgitta is form of Brigitta in Nordic language. Meaning of Birgitta is The Exalted One and Sublime came from Celtic and Old Norse.
What's Brita like for a baby name?
Brita is a beautiful and unique baby girl name that has gained popularity in recent years. It has a Scandinavian origin and means "Exalted one." This name is perfect for parents who want to give their daughter a unique name that exudes strength and elegance.
Brita is also easy to pronounce and spell, making it ideal for those who prefer simple yet sophisticated names. One of the best things about this name is its versatility, as it can be paired with various middle names to create different combinations.
Overall, Brita is an excellent choice for parents looking for a memorable and meaningful name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Brita?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Brita is b-ri-ta.
Variants of BritaNames that rhyme with Brita
How popular is the name Brita?
Brita is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1916 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1962, it ranked 2358th when 41 girls were named Brita.
There are over 1083 babies that have been given the name Brita in United States. Brita is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 1980.
Brita is a common name in Germany while somewhat familiar name in Austria, India, Canada and Cameroon. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Brita in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Brita
You have to learn that what you give is what you get in life. If letter B is your cornerstone, it reveals people look at you like the crazy genius who loves his solitude. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence. Number 1 reveals your positive attitude and originality. You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Brita
- Taralynn - The curious girl name Taralynn is notably used in English, Taralynn means "Sanskrit Tara, Variant of Irish or Hill" came from Celtic
- Envelig - The Envelig is rooted from Celtic, Envelig means "Happy or Chief"
- Kennes means Beautiful has its origin in Celtic is given to baby girls. Kennes is derivative of Kennis.
- Nyse - Boy name Nyse means "Our Choice" is rooted from Celtic. Nyse is resulted from Neese.
- Gaëlig came from Celtic, meaning of Gaëlig is "Who Invaded the British Isles or Settled In Wales, About 500 Bc Before Our Era or Celtic Tribe"
Sibling Names for Brita
If you've decided on the name Brita for your baby girl, you might be wondering what names would complement it well for a sibling. Here are some great options that would be perfect for a Brita's brother or sister.
For a sister
Brother for Brita
Famous people named Brita
- Brita Granström, Swedish artist
- Brita Baldus, German diver
- Brita Pipare, alleged Swedish witch
- Brita Zippel, alleged Swedish witch, known as "Näslösan"
- Brita Hagberg, woman
- Brita Koivunen, Finnish schlager singer
- Brita Öberg in Åsa-Nisse i kronans kläder as Actress
- Britanny Wilson in Short Notice as Actress
- Britainie DeGarbott in Three Weddings and a Funeral: Part 1 as Actress
- Britani Bateman in The R.M. as Actress
- Britanni Johnson in Borderlands as Actress
- Britain Dalton in Boxed In as Actor
- Britain Simons in Of Consequence as Actor
- Brita Borg, whose full name was Brita Kerstin Gunvor Borg was a singer, actress and Swedish variety artist.
- Brita Appelgren acted in movie Sten Stensson St�en fr�n Esl�v p� nya �ventyr
- In 1985, Brita Jensen characterized the role of N in comedy film ¡Qué tía la C.I.A.!.
Lists having Brita
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Brit
- Girl names that ends with -ita
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Help
- Baby Names that mean Sublime