Carol name meaning
On This Page
What does Carol mean?
Carol's meaning is Song of Joy, Womanly, Form of Carolyne, Man, Husband, Strong or Vigorous came from Germanic, English and Old High German used as a gender insensitive name is used in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and English.
Carol is abridged form of Caroline. Caroline is variation of admired and enduring Coralie. Caroline is derivation of Charles. Also Caroline is resulted from Charlotte. Caroline is Danish equivalent of Carolina.
Customary and Evergreen Caroline is originated from Germanic and Old High German, Caroline means "Husband, Little and Womanly and The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man".. Also Carol is English equivalent of Carole.
Carol is celebrated on March 2nd.
How does Carol feel as a baby name?
Carol is a lovely name that conjures up lots of positive feelings. It's classic, but not too old fashioned; it's a timeless combination of both traditional and modern values.
It feels gentle yet strong, friendly yet wise. Carol is a versatile name that can be used for both boys and girls, making it a great choice for those who are open to gender-neutral names.
Furthermore, its simplicity makes it easy to pronounce in English-speaking countries. All these qualities make Carol feel like an ideal baby name!
How do I pronounce Carol?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Carol as c(a)-rol.
Variants of CarolNames that rhyme with Carol
How popular is the name Carol?
Carol is an extremely popular name in United States given to over 824941 babies in 243 years. At the peak of its usage in 1941, 34282 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 4th position.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times In Ireland, Carol was once a common name since emerging in 1964 it has been given to over 5111 babies.
When at its peak in 1968,. After 45 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Carol is a common name in France given to over 3425 babies in 105 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1970, 172 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 224th position. Also, In New South Wales, Carol was once a common name since emerging in 1952 it has been given to over 3601 babies.
At its zenith in 1952,. After 16 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Carol was a common name in Queensland. Over 796 babies have been named Carol since 1960.
When at the peak of its usage in 1960,. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Western Australia, Carol was once a common name since emerging in 1946 it has been given to over 221 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 1947,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 2 times
Carol is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 802 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Carol. Over 217 people have been named Carol in England and Wales.
Carol is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim. And also in Western Australia. Over 221 babies in Western Australia have been named Carol.
However things change on global perspective, Carol is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Canada, South Africa, Australia, Philippines, Zambia, Scotland, Mozambique, Kenya, Chile, Wales, New Zealand, Egypt, Jamaica, Brazil, Peru, Uganda, Colombia and Venezuela.
At least, 1880000 people globally have carried Carol as their given name according to our research.
Carol in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Carol?
You are the most self-motivated person you know. You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships. You will experience your spiritual calling soon. And it will be associated with romantic feelings. Your heart is as big as a mountain. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it.
Looking for a name like Carol? Please go through the following names
- Eli - Meaning of Eli is Defender of Mankind or Ascent is of English, Hungarian and Hebrew origin, a gender-neutral name is used majorly in Norwegian, Danish and Yiddish. In 2018, lofty name Eli elevated to 58th position in baby boy names list in United States
- Kristin - Customary and Sky-scraping Soaring unisex name Kristin is especially used in Finnish and Scandinavian, meaning of Kristin is "Christian Woman, Christian or Disciple of Christ" is originated from Latin
- Clyde - Used prevalently in English and Scottish long standing and famed, Clyde has origin in Scottish and English and is given to both boys and girls, Clyde means "Refers the Clyde River, Rock or Heard from Afar"
- Benjamin - The widely accepted and ever lasting unisex name Benjamin means "Son of Luck, Born of the Right Hand or Son of the South" is came from Hebrew is used specifically in Faroese, Bengali and English
- Warren - Eternal and Pleasing Warren substantially is used in English, meaning of Warren is "Guardian or Game Reserve" that came from Old French and Latin is used as a unisex name
Sibling Names for Carol
If you've chosen the name Carol for your little one, you might be looking for the perfect sibling names to complement it. From classic to unique, we've compiled a list of gorgeous names that pair perfectly with Carol, giving you plenty of options to choose from. Here are some top picks!
Sister for Carol
For a brother
Famous people named Carol
- Carol Stream,
- Carol Weihrer, activist for victims of anesthesia awareness
- Carol Plantamura, American soprano specializing
- Carol Garrison, 6th President of the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Carol Blazejowski, American retired professional women's basketball player and the former President and General Manager of the New York Liberty of the Women's National Basketball Association
- Carol Ann Toupes, was one of the famed Toupes triplets whose birth and early childhood captivated the San Francisco media of the day
- Carol Iovanna, newscaster on Fox News from 1996 to 2006
- Carol Beach York, author of juvenile novels
- Carol Montgomery, Olympic athlete from Canada
- Carol Wall, long-time labour and social justice activist,
- Carol Patrice Christ, feminist historian, theologian, author
- Carol Chell, British children's television presenter and TV executive
- Carol Kendall, American writer of children's books
- Carol Kenyon, British singer
- Carol Jacobs, former American othello player
- Carol Tomlinson-Keasey, former chancellor of the University of California
- Carol Davila, prestigious Romanian physician of Italian ancestry
- Carol Jarecki, American chess organizer, an International Arbiter
- Carol Vaness, American lirico-spinto soprano
- Carol Bruneau, Canadian author of four novels and three short story collections
- Carol Fox,
- Carol Ronning Kapsner, former Justice of the North Dakota Supreme Court
- Carol Imhof,
- Carol Bove, American artist based in New York City
- Carol Hanisch, important member of New York Radical Women and Redstockings
- Carol Grimes, British singer and songwriter
- Carol Jantsch, American tuba player
- Carol Truax, American music administrator and an author of many cookbooks
- Carol Stephenson, Canadian business executive and the recently retired dean of the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario
- Carol Fellowes, 4th Baron Ailwyn, British peer, the son of Ailwyn Edward Fellowes
- Carol Roberts, Florida politician of the Democratic Party
- Carol Windley, Canadian short story writer and novelist
- Carol Voisin, member of the faculty at Southern Oregon University
- Carol W. Hunstein, Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia
- Carol L. Dennis, author, editor, and teacher
- Carol Kuhlthau, retired American educator, researcher
- Carol Johnson, British Labour politician
- Carol O'Connell, author of crime fiction
- Carol Littleton, American feature film editor
- Carol Kidu, Australian-born Papua New Guinean politician
- Carol Lam, former United States Attorney for the Southern District of California
- Carol Schrader, Omaha
- Carol Telbisz, Austro-Hungarian public figure of Banat Bulgarian origin and a long-time Mayor of Temesvár
- Carol Birch, English novelist, lecturer and book critic
- Carol Karp, American mathematician of Dutch ancestry
- Carol Platt Liebau, is president of the Yankee Institute for Public Policy
- Carol Tavris, American social psychologist and feminist
- Carol Padden, American academic, author, and lecturer
- Carol W. Greider, American molecular biologist and Nobel laureate
- Carol Dweck, Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University
- Carol Kane, American actress and comedian
- Carol II of Romania, reigned as King of Romania
- Carol Shields, American-born Canadian novelist and short story writer
- Carol Cleveland, British-American actress and comedian
- Carol Haney, American dancer and actress
Lists having Carol
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1971)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1968)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1971)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1947)
- Baby Names that mean Song
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Womanly
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Husband
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Vigorous