Carla name meaning
On This Page
What does Carla mean?
Illustrous and Ever lasting unisex name Carla means "Fem Form of Carl, Man, Husband, Strong, Vigorous, The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man or Army" which came from Old High German, English and Germanic is substantially used in Swedish, English, Danish, Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish, German, Italian, Portuguese and Norwegian.
Carla is a variant of prevailing and evergreen Carol. Carol is version of CharlesCarolus. Carol is diminutive of Caroline. Carol is equivalent of Caroline in English language. Also Carol is equivalent of Carole in English language.
Carol's meaning is Form of Carolyne and Strong is of Germanic, Old High German and English origin. Carla is version of outstanding and enduring Charlotte. Charlotte is form of famed and conifer Caroline.
Charlotte is effeminate version of Charles or. Charlotte is form of Charlot in French language. Acclaimed and Perpetual Charlotte came from Germanic and Old High German languages, meaning of Charlotte is "Army and The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man".
Carla is a form of trendy and ever lasting Caroline. Caroline is variation of durable and admired Coralie. Caroline is derivative of Charles. Also Caroline is resulted from Charlotte. Caroline is Danish cognate of Carolina.
Caroline means Song of Happiness, Carl and The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Carla is resultant of Charles. Charles is English form of Karl.
Also Charles is French and English equivalent of Karl. Charles means Free Man, Strong and Army has its origin in Old High German and Germanic. Carla is resultant of Charles. Charles is English form of Karl.
Also Charles is French and English equivalent of Karl. The name is celebrated on July 17th.
How is Carla regarded as a baby name?
Carla is a charming and catchy name that is perfect for parents looking for a sweet and feminine name for their baby girl. This name has a lot of personality and grace, making it stand out from other traditional names.
With its German origin, Carla means 'Free man', which may seem ironic but adds an interesting depth to the name. It's a perfect representation of the modern woman who is strong, independent, and free-spirited.
Carla has an enduring quality that makes it feel both classic and modern at the same time, which is why it's such a popular choice among parents around the world. Overall, Carla can be seen as an elegant and meaningful choice for any baby girl looking to make her mark on the world from day one!
How do I pronounce Carla?
c(a)-rla is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Carla. Some people pronounce it as car-la.
Variants of Carla
Carolus, Arla, Carol, Caroline, Charlotte, Arnlaug, Carole, Caral, Carelle, Caro, Carola, Carleen, Jocarol, Carollou, Coralie, Carolina, Arline, Charlot, Arlette, Sharla, Charlotterose, Karla, Carly, Charlene, Anaclara, Anna, Ananias, Anianus, AnaNames that rhyme with Carla
How popular is the name Carla?
Carla was a very popular name in United States. Over 149023 babies have been named Carla since 1890. At the peak of its usage in 1965, 5820 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 76th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 163 years. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 10 times Also, a popular name in France with over 25768 new-borns have been given the name since 1917.
Presently the name is rising, in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 36th spot and 2011 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Also, Carla was a popular name in Spain.
Over 55299 babies have been named Carla since 2002. When at the peak of its usage in 2008, it ranked 5th when 4271 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 17 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Carla is common in England and Wales where over 2837 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Presently the name is rising, in 1997, the moniker grabbed the 186th spot and 230 baby girls were given the name. Carla is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 117 on girl names chart when 54 babies were given the name Carla. There are over 1209 babies that have been given the name Carla in Ireland.
Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 92 on girl names chart when 68 babies were given the name Carla.
Over 1114 babies in Switzerland have been named Carla. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 192 on girl names chart when 53 babies were given the name Carla.
Over 686 people have been named Carla in Belgium. Also, during its short run of just 1 years in New South Wales, it had made it to the top 100 names.
In 1983, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 96 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Carla. Also, during its short run of just 5 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names.
In 1984, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 76 on girl names chart when 52 babies were given the name Carla. There are over 223 babies that have been given the name Carla in Queensland.
Carla is a rare baby name in New South Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given. However things change on global perspective, Carla is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in, Mozambique and Portugal.
Also the baby name is popular in Angola, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Philippines, Canada, England, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Germany, East Timor, South Africa, Nicaragua, Australia and Honduras. At least, 1720000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Carla in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Carla?
You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. You are the mover and shaker of the world. Having letter A as your capstone reveals your greediness and ambition. You are bold and gutsy, and this affects your personality. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right.
Looking for a name like Carla? Please go through the following names
- Deanna - Renowned and Perennial unisex name Deanna is used in English and Finnish, rooted from Latin and Old English, Deanna means "Divine or Variant of Diana". On baby girl chart, prevalent Deanna elevated to 478th position in 2005 in United States
- Mary means Lady, Bitter or Beloved has origin in Hebrew and Egyptian and is bestowed upon both sexes is particulary used in Icelandic and Telugu
- Evelyn - Principally used in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish eternal and illustrous, Evelyn means "Alive or Life Giving" which originated from Old French and Hebrew is used for both sexes
- Harrison - Predominant and Perpetual English Harrison bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Harrison is "Harry's Son or Son of Harry" is mainly used in English
- Tara means Particularly Widespread In the United States or A Hill Where the Kings Met is used as a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from Sanskrit, Old Irish and Celtic is particulary used in Tamil, Danish and Malayalam
Middle names for Carla
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Carla, we've got you covered with these widely-accepted and short middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Carla.
Sibling Names for Carla
If you've chosen the name "Carla" for your baby girl, you might be wondering what names would go well with it for her future siblings. Whether you're looking for names that sound similar or complement Carla's unique style, we've compiled a list of options to inspire your search. Here are some of the best sibling names for Carla.
Sister for Carla
Brother to Carla
Famous people named Carla
- Carla Howell, American political activist and small government advocate
- Carla Harryman, American poet, essayist
- Carla Robinson, Canadian television journalist for CBC Newsworld
- Carla Maffioletti, Brazilian/Italian opera singer
- Carla Moreno, athlete from Brazil, who competes in triathlon
- Carla Alberghetti, actress and soprano singer
- Carla Sacramento, middle distance runner from Portugal
- Carla Boyd, Australian former professional basketball player
- Carla Lamarca, former Brazilian MTV VJ. She is of Italian and German descent
- Carla Somerville, former field hockey player from Canada
- Carla Balingit, beauty queen from the Philippines
- Carla Campbell, fashion model represented by IMG in New York
- Carla Benschop, Dutch basketball player
- Carla Tagliente, former field hockey striker
- Carla Peterson, Professor of English at the University of Maryland
- Carla Mendonça, British actress
- Carla Thorneycroft, Baroness Thorneycroft, wife of Conservative Party politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer Peter Thorneycroft
- Carla Romano, Scottish journalist and producer of Italian descent
- Carla Visi, popular Brazilian axé and MPB singer, songwriter
- Carla van de Puttelaar, Dutch fine art photographer
- Carla Chases, English actress
- Carla J. Shatz, American neurobiologist and an elected member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Carla Estrada, Mexican producer
- Carla Bley, American jazz composer, pianist
- Carla Bonner, Australian actress best
- Carla Thomas, American singer
- Carla Speed McNeil, American science fiction writer, cartoonist
- Carla Anderson Hills, American lawyer and a public figure
- Carla Bruni, Italian-French singer-songwriter and supermodel
- Carla Robbins, American journalist and the former deputy editorial page editor of 'The New York Times'
- Carla Kihlstedt, musical artist
- Carla Lane, English television writer responsible for several successful sitcoms
- Carla Del Ponte, former Chief Prosecutor of two United Nations international criminal law tribunals
- Carla Gugino, American actress
- Carla Azar, American drummer
- Carla Collins, Canadian comedian, actress
- Carla Gallo, American actress notable for recurring roles
- Carla Dunlap-Kaan, professional American female bodybuilding champion
- Carla Geurts, former freestyle swimmer
- Carla Del Poggio, Italian cinema, theatre, and television actress
- Carla Emery,
- Carla Werner, singer and songwriter from New Zealand
- Carla MacLeod, retired member of the Canadian national women's hockey team
- Carla Borelli, American actress
- Carla Stovall, Republican politician from Marion
- Carla Bozulich, American musician based
- Carla Overbeck, retired American soccer player and longtime member and captain of the United States women's national soccer team
- Carla Humphries, commercial model
- Carla Bodendorf, retired East German sprint runner
- Carla Matadinho, Portuguese model
- Carla Khan, Pakistani professional squash player
Lists having Carla
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Carl
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1970)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1983)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1985)
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Vigorous
- Baby Names that mean Free
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Army