Cordelia name meaning
What does Cordelia mean?
Cordelia means A Woman of Rare Honesty, Jewel of the Sea, Heart, Cordus or Little Heart is used mostly in Danish, German, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and English has its origin in Latin is bestowed upon girls. Cordelia is variant of pious Cordula. Cordula is resulted from Cordelia. Cordula's meaning is Late-Born, Late Ripening, Late Bloomer and Little Heart came from Latin and Greek. The name is celebrated on June 9.
How do I pronounce Cordelia?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Cordelia is c(o)-rde-lia. cor-delia is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Cordelia
Nicknames for Cordelia
You can playfully shorten the given name Cordelia with these possibleNames that rhyme with Cordelia
How popular is the name Cordelia?
Cordelia is a common name in United States given to over 11201 babies in 139 years. When at its peak in 1880, it ranked 204th when 285 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the moniker has been to Cordelia is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 532 on girl names chart when 58 babies were named Cordelia. Over 895 people have been named Cordelia in England and Wales.
Cordelia is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 27 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 161 babies that have been given the name Cordelia in France. Cordelia is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now. And also in Belgium. But Cordelia is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in Sierra Leone. According to our research, at least 50000 people have been bestowed Cordelia around the globe.
Cordelia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Cordelia
Economic stability matters to you more than working with something you actually love. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. You are always in the center of attention and the one who stands for what's right. Start cleaning your karma and you will notice a tremendous change in your life. You want to be in control of your life and emotions. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort.
Go through the following names similar to Cordelia
- Eloïse - Renowned Latin Eloïse means "Healthy or Choice" is mostly used in French
- Pacifico - Rare boy name Pacifico is rooted from Latin, meaning of Pacifico is "The Peaceful or The Pacific" is used in Tagalog and Spanish languages
- Diviana - Especially used in English new-fangled and rarefied, Diviana is originated from Indoeuropean and Latin and is used for baby girls, meaning of Diviana is "Divine, of a God with Indo-European Roots, *Deiwos = Sky, Day or Shining"
- Krystianna - Unorthodox Krystiannas origin is Latin is used primarily in English is a baby girl name, meaning of Krystianna is "Christian or Follower of Christ"
- Mercúrio specifically is used in Portuguese is a baby boy name and rooted from Latin, meaning of Mercúrio is "Merchandise"
Middle names for Cordelia
These are some of the booming and familiar options for Cordelia middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Cordelia.
Famous people named Cordelia
- Cordelia Scaife May, Pittsburgh
- Cordelia Bugeja, British actress, best
- Cordelia Beresford in The Eye Inside as Cinematographer
- Cordelia Kretzschmar in The Big Breakfast as
- Cordelia Wege in Ein Goldfisch unter Haien as Actress
- Cordelia Richards in Erin Brockovich as Actress
- Cordelia Reynolds in Greetings from the Shore as Actress
- Cordelia González in Born on the Fourth of July as Actress
- Cordelia Sonnenschein in The Doll as Actress
- Cordelia Zawarski in This Is 40 as Actress
- Cordelia Edvardson was a journalist, writer and survivor of the Swedish Holocaust born in Germany.
- Cordelia Drexel Biddle is writer of movie The Happiest Millionaire
- Cordelia Levinson, from 2019 drama movie British Made, who characterized Nadja.
Lists having Cordelia
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Cor
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Jewel
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Heart
- Baby Names that mean Little