Ria name meaning
On This Page
What does Ria mean?
Of Spanish, Hebrew and Old Greek origin, Unorthodox Ria is used largely in Finnish, German, Danish, Hungarian, Telugu, Norwegian, Hindi, Arabic, Assamese, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Bengali, Greenlandic, Malayalam, Gujarati, English, Kannada, Swedish, Dutch and Faroese and a girl name, Ria means "Singer, Love, To Flow, Rhea was an Earth Mother, In Greek Myth, River, Merry, Victor, From the River's Mouth, Bitterness, Rich or from Hadria, Gem, Goddess Lakshmi or Graceful".
Ria is short form of Maria. Maria is resulted from Mary. Maria is Greek and Latin form of Mirjam. Also Maria is Latin and Greek equivalent of Mirjam. Maria means One of the Wives of the Prophet Muhammad and Rebellious is of Hebrew origin..
Also Ria is equivalent of Mary in German and English languages. Also Ria is equivalent of Rhea in English, Hungarian and German languages.
How do I pronounce Ria?
Two syllabled Ria is most commonly pronounced as ria. It can also be pronounced as ree-uh.
Variants of Ria
Middle Names for Ria
Nian, Lauretta, Ilona, view more middle names that goes with RiaNames that rhyme with Ria
How popular is the name Ria?
Ria used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1934 and over 3546 babies have been given the name in 76 years. At its zenith in 2005,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 76 years.
Also, Ria used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 3571 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at its peak in 2004,.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years.
However things change on global perspective, Ria is extremely popular in Indonesia where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Netherlands, Bangladesh, Philippines, Germany, Belgium, India and Iraq. At least, 270000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Ria in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ria
To have letter A as your capstone reflects your consistency and credibility. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You are into material possessions but you don't realize it's not what matters most. Your number represents mind strength and persistence. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. It's far better than righting wrongs that can't be undone or fixed.
Other names similar to Ria
- Bayan - Origin of Unfamiliar Bayan is in Arabic language bestowed upon both boys and girls, used notably in Arabic and Arabic, meaning of Bayan is "Another Name for the Holy Quran or Eloquence"
- Zaher - Meaning of Zaher is Flourishing or Flourishing is originated from Hebrew and Arabic is a unisex name
- Huseyn - Meaning of Huseyn is Good or Beautiful is used as a boy name and is primarily used in Arabic and Azerbaijani came from Arabic
- Wajeeha - Meaning of Wajeeha is High or Distinguished aimed at girls is used mostly in Kannada and Hindi
- Cid - Used in Arabic and English unusual, Cid means "Lord" and is rooted from Old English is used for boys
Famous people named Ria
- Ria Oomen-Ruijten, Since 9 June 2015
- Ria Beckers, Dutch politician
- Ria Cortesio, former American baseball umpire
- Ria Ramnarine, professional boxer and the first female world boxing champion
- Ria Baran, German pair skater
- Ria Stalman, retired discus thrower and shot putter
- Ria Visser, former ice speed skater from the Netherlands
- Ria Vandervis, New Zealand actress
- In 1987 comedy film, Dutch Treat, Ria Brieffies characterized Ria.
- Ria Jende played leading character of N in 1922 flick Versunkene Welten.
- Ria Marks portrayed the important character of N in 2005 drama film Valse wals.
- In 1923, Ria Bruna portrayed the role of N in flick Germaine.
- Ria Alldorf played central role of N in 1919 comedy film Die Seebadnixe.
- Ria Witt, from 1919 drama movie Die Sekretärin des Gesandten, who characterized N.
Lists having Ria
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with R
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hungarian Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Assamese Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Flow
- Baby Names that mean Earth
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Merry
- Baby Names that mean Victor
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Gem
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Lakshmi
- Baby Names that mean Graceful