Duran name meaning
On This Page
What does Duran mean?
Duran means Firm, Enduring, Durable or One Who Remains is used as a boy name. It is rooted from Latin is majorly used in Hindi, Turkish, Tamil and English. Duran is variant of prominent Dante.
Dante is a short of Durante. Dante is Italian equivalent of Durante. Dante means Enduring Steadfast, Withstand and Enduring is of Latin origin.
How about the name Duran for a baby?
Duran is a classic Latin name that has been gaining popularity over the years thanks to its strong meaning. It conveys strength, determination, and stability.
It's perfect for a baby boy who will grow up to be reliable and dependable. It also has a certain sophistication about it. The feminine version of the name is Durana, for those who are interested in having a gender-neutral option.
Overall, Duran is an excellent choice for parents searching for a powerful yet classic moniker for their son.
How do I pronounce Duran?
Two syllabled Duran is most commonly pronounced as d(u)-ran.
Variants of DuranNames that rhyme with Duran
How popular is the name Duran?
Duran is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1925 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1984, it ranked 1076th when 69 boy were named Duran.
There are over 1478 babies that have been given the name Duran in United States. Duran is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim.
Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1978 and peaked in 1978 when it ranked 1568th.
Duran is a rare baby name in Belgium where it may not be used now.
But Duran is a popular baby name in Turkey where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Duran as their given name according to our findings.
Duran in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Duran
Your personal growth depends on your adventures. You are a perfectionist and like to have things in order even to the tiniest detail. You can be pretty stubborn sometimes, however, you always make your point. When it comes to love, you easily get tired of being with one person only. Your friends enjoy your sarcasm and dark sense of humor. Having letter D as your cornerstone reveals your realistic attitude toward life.
Looking for names similar to Duran? Please go through the following names
- Romance - Romance's meaning is Roman used for boys is originated from Latin
- Hortencia - Used especially in Spanish eminent, Hortencia is originated from Latin and is used for baby girls, Hortencia means "Variant of Hortensia and She who Tends Gardens". Hortencia is derivative of Hortense.
- Vidian - Originated from Latin, Vidian means "To See"
- Salve is used commonly in Norwegian, Old SwedishDanish and Swedish aimed at boys is of Latin origin, Salve means "Hail! Welcome! Farewell!"
- Natalka - Meaning of Natalka is Christmas Babies, Born on Christ Day and Natal Day is originated from Latin used particulary in English and Russian is bestowed upon girls. Natalka is derived from Natalie.
Sibling Names for Duran
Are you considering naming your newborn "Duran?" If so, you may want to explore some sibling names that complement this unique moniker. Here are a few suggestions to inspire your search and help you find the perfect names for your growing family.
Sister to Duran
For a brother
Famous people named Duran
- Duran Duran, English new wave and synth-pop band
Lists having Duran
- Boy names beginning with D
- Latin Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Tamil Boy Names
- Turkish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Firm
- Baby Names that mean Enduring
- Baby Names that mean One