Abdul name meaning
On This Page
What does Abdul mean?
Origin of Famed Abdul is in Urdu, Arabic and English is especially used in Norwegian, Danish, Arabic, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Abdul is "Knowledge, Servant or God's Servants" is aimed at boys.
Abdul is form of Abdal. Abdal means The Word Abd Meaning Servant, Persons by whom God Continues the World in Existence and Slave of the High is originated from Arabic is used mainly in Arabic.
Abdul is diminutive of Abdullah. Abdullah is variant of widely accepted Abdallah. Abdullah is Latin cognate of The Arabic Name عبد الله Meaning Servant of God. Originated from Quran and Arabic, Widely Accepted Abdullah, Abdullah means "One who Serves the God and Servant of Allah".
Is Abdul a pleasant name for a baby?
Abdul is a pleasant name for a baby boy. Its origin is Arabic and it means 'servant.' It has an elegant sound, and the meaning of this name reflects the humility and kindness that all parents hope to instill in their children.
Abdul is also relatively uncommon, so it will set your son apart from other kids in his class. In addition, many people use short versions of this name such as 'Abd' or 'Abbie' - giving you the opportunity to choose something unique while still honoring the original intention of the name, which makes it even more special.
How do I pronounce Abdul?
a-bdul is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Abdul. The name can also be pronounced as ab-dul.
Variants of AbdulNames that rhyme with Abdul
How popular is the name Abdul?
Abdul was a common name in United States. Over 5845 babies have been named Abdul since 1930. At its zenith in 1976,. However after 79 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, A common name in England and Wales with over 6363 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2003, it ranked 146th when 340 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Abdul is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 138 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Abdul.
Over 202 people have been named Abdul in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1949 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1949, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 973 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Abdul.
Over 386 babies in France have been named Abdul.
Abdul is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 257 people have been named Abdul in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Abdul is extremely popular in Pakistan where every 1 in 50 have the name as well as in, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Nigeria. Also the baby name is popular in Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Ghana, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Uganda, England, Qatar, Egypt, Libya, Nepal, Russia, Maldives, Oman, South Africa, Kenya, Kuwait, Burundi, Ethiopia and Canada.
At least, 9710000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
What numbers say about Abdul?
You are always excited about new beginnings, challenges, unexpected problems and complex situations that require thinking outside the box and finding a creative solution. You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. Understand that you were born alone, and not with your partner in hand. You are dominant in your circle of friends.
Do you like Abdul? You would love these names
- Sabra - Used majorly in English, Hebrew and Arabic eternal and prevailing, Sabra means "Clement or Enduring". Its origin is in Arabic and Hebrew is aimed at baby girls
- Mehdi - Cherished Mehdis origin is Arabic, meaning of Mehdi is "Guided or Thunder", used largely in Arabic, Finnish and Hindi is given to both boys and girls
- Ashika - Curious girl name Ashika is notably used in Tamil, Marathi and Sanskrit, meaning of Ashika is "Sweet Heart, Beloved or Person Without Sorrow" came from Sanskrit
- Muheet is used prevalently in Arabic and Sindhi is a boy name, Muheet means "Ocean, Encompassing or That which Embraces All Round"
- Zaigham - Used chiefly in Gujarati, Arabic and Hindi, Zaigham means "Lion or Lion King of the Jungle" is aimed at boys
Sibling Names for Abdul
The origin of the name Abdul is from the Arabic language and it means "servant of God" or "worshipper of God". This is an impressive name for a baby boy, and you may want to consider these sibling names for your little one.
Names for Abdul's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Abdul
- Abdul Alhazred, fictional character created by American horror writer H. P. Lovecraft
- Abdul Majid Zabuli, founder of Afghanistan's banking system
- Abdul Ali Mazari, political leader of the Hezb-e Wahdat party during and following the Soviet-Afghan War
- Abdul Karim Telgi, convicted Indian counterfeiter
- Abdul Rahman bin Faisal, last ruler of the Emirate of Nejd
- Abdul Latif Dayfallah, Yemeni military officer and politician
- Abdul Salam Sabrah, acting Prime Minister of the Yemen Arab Republic three times
- Abdul Rehman, United Arab Emirates cricketer
- Abdul Hamid Khan, is chairman of the Balawaristan National Front
- Abdul Cader Shahul Hameed, Sri Lankan diplomat and prominent political figure
- Abdul Hakim, poet in medieval Bengal
- Abdul Qadir Hakimuddin, dawoodi bohra saint who is buried in Burhanpur
- Abdul Rahman Ya'kub, Malaysian politician of Melanau descent from Mukah
- Abdul Ghani Lone, Kashmiri lawyer
- Abdul Hamid Karami, Lebanese political and religious leader
- Abdul Hamid Lahori, traveller and historian during the period of Shah Jahan
- Abdul Zahir, was Prime Minister of Afghanistan
- Abdul Halim Khaddam, Syrian politician
- Abdul Rahim Hatif, politician in Afghanistan
- Abdul Qadir, President
- Abdul Hafiz Mohamed Barakatullah, Indian revolutionary with sympathy for the Pan-Islamic movement
- Abdul Bari, squash player
- Abdul Karim Al-Kabariti, prime minister of Jordan
- Abdul Aziz Abdullah Ali Al Suadi, Yemeni citizen
- Abdul Khaliq Ghajadwani, was one of a group of Central Asian Sufi teachers known simply as Khwajagan of the Naqshbandi order
- Abdul Qadir Gilani, Hanbali Sunni Muslim preacher, orator, ascetic, mystic
- Abdul Majid Giaka, alleged double agent
- Abdul Jalil Nasiruddin Muhtaram Shah of Perak, 29th Sultan of Perak
- Abdul Samad of Selangor, fourth Sultan of Selangor
- Abdul Hussein Mo'ezzi, Iranian scholar, cleric, university lecturer
- Abdul Munim Wassel, commander of the Egyptian third army during the Yom Kippur War
- Abdul Basith, captain of the India men's national volleyball team
- Abdul Vaheed "Kamal", well-known author in the Rajasthani language
- Abdul Rahman Saleh, National Hero of Indonesia
- Abdul Rahman Al-Athel, respected Professor of Science and Mechanical Engineering
- Abdul Rahman Saleh, President
- Abdul Muneem Patel, is one of the suspects arrested in the UK in connection to the 2006 transatlantic aircraft terrorist plot
- Abdul Rahim Mrad, Lebanese Sunni politician
- Abdul Sattar Jawad, Iraqi born Professor of Comparative Literature and Middle Eastern Studies at Duke University
- Abdul Jabbar, protester
- Abdul Aziz Shamsuddin, former Minister of Rural and Regional Development
- Abdul Karim, widely published Bangladeshi soil scientist
- Abdul Rahman Saleem, British-Iranian Islamic activist, born around 1975
- Abdul Ati al-Obeidi, Libyan politician and diplomat
- Abdul Majid al-Qa′ud, was General Secretary of the People's Committee
- Abdul Hamid al-Bakkoush, was Prime Minister of Libya
- Abdul Qadir al-Badri, was Prime Minister of Libya
- Abdul Ahad Azad, well known Kashmiri poet
- Abdul Qadeer Khan, Pakistani nuclear physicist and a metallurgical engineer
- Abdul Ahad Mohmand, former Afghan Air Force aviator
- Abdul Rashid Dostum, Afghanistani politician and general
- Abdul Hamid I, 27th Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
Lists having Abdul
- Boy names beginning with A
- Arabic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Urdu Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Knowledge
- Baby Names that mean Servant
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean God