Ivy name meaning
On This Page
What does Ivy mean?
Ivy's meaning is Climber, Ivy Plant, Climbing Vine Plant, God's Gift, Yew, A Creeper, Ivy or Shrub is used in Oriya, Marathi, Swedish, Sindhi, Tamil, Finnish, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Norwegian, Malayalam, Danish, Hindi, English and Assamese and rooted from Old English, Celtic and English is used as a gender insensitive name.
Ivy is celebrated on October 6th.
Is Ivy a suitable baby name?
Ivy is a charming baby girl name that has gained popularity in recent years. It has a sweet and gentle sound to it, making it an excellent choice for parents who want a timeless name for their little one.
One of the unique aspects of this name is its association with nature; ivy is a climbing evergreen plant that represents strength and resilience. Another appealing quality of Ivy as a baby girl name is its simplicity - it's easy to spell and pronounce, yet still distinctive enough to stand out from other names.
Overall, Ivy's beauty and natural connotations make it an excellent choice for parents seeking a classic yet modern name for their little girl.
How do I pronounce Ivy?
Two syllabled Ivy is pronounced as eye-vee. ay-vee is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Ivy
Nicknames for Ivy
Though Ivy itself is a short name but that doesn't mean that you cannot have nicknames. See the list below:Names that rhyme with Ivy
How popular is the name Ivy?
Ivy was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 53634 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 86th spot and 3256 baby girls were given the name.
However after 275 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 10586 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 14th when 2104 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times
A common name in France having over 251 recievers in 9 years of usage.
At present peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 528th spot and 103 baby girls were given the name. But Ivy is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Ghana, Kenya, England, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Malaysia, Zimbabwe, Jamaica and Canada.
At least, 300000 people globally have carried Ivy as their given name according to our estimate.
Ivy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ivy?
You want to do everything as planned in life. You are ambitious and courageous. Perhaps you should take it easy and allow yourself to question things. You do the things other people are scared of. Some admire you for it. Open your mind to new opinion and widen your perspective. Don't make work your priority. Change is what you are made for. Monotony and constancy are killing your spirit and compassion.
If you like Ivy, you would love these names
- Murna - Meaning of Murna is Beloved is a girl name, especially used in English is rooted from Old Irish and Celtic
- Shayda - Shayda's meaning is Night is mainly used in Arabic has its origin in American and Celtic is used for girls
- Jézabelle - The Jézabelle means "Lord or Generous" is originated from Celtic
- Neele particulary is used in Finnish, Frisian and Danish, meaning of Neele is "Cornelia or Petronella", a unisex name has origin in German and Celtic
- Coty - Noteworthy Coty is used in English, Coty means "River Bank or Coast", rooted from Celtic and Old French is given to both genders
Famous people named Ivy
- Ivy Lee, American publicity expert and a founder of modern public relations
- Ivy Jo Hunter, former R&B songwriter, record producer and singer
- Ivy Sawyer, British-born American cabaret and ballroom dancer
- Ivy Meeropol, director and producer of the 2004 documentary 'Heir to an Execution'
- Ivy Gunter, amputee, fashion model, osteosarcoma survivor
- Ivy Williams, first woman to be called to the English bar
- Ivy St. Helier, Ivy St
- Ivy Ruckman, award-winning author of books for children and young adults
- Ivy May Pearce, was one of the first female pilots
- Ivy Wallace, British author/illustrator, artist and actress
- Ivy Dumont, sixth Governor-General of the Bahamas
- Ivy Compton-Burnett,
- Ivy, American indie pop band composed of Andy Chase
- Ivy Queen, Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, rapper
- Ivy Winthrop, fictional character on the NBC/DirecTV soap opera 'Passions'
- Ivy Benson, English musician and bandleader
- Ivy Joe Hunter, former professional American football player
- Ivy Wedgwood, Australian politician
- Ivy Lee, Singaporean former actress and host
- Ivy Ling Po, She is best
- Ivy Baker Priest, was Treasurer of the United States from 1953 to 1961 and California State Treasurer
- Ivy, South Korean singer and musical actress
- Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri, South African politician
- Ivy Williamson, player and coach of American football and basketball
- Ivy Andrews, American Major League Baseball pitcher with the New York Yankees
- Ivy Supersonic, New York City fashion designer, self-promoter
- Ivy Olson, American professional baseball shortstop
- Ivy Corbin in Zombie Massacre as Actress
- Ivy Bishop in Honk as Actress
- Ivy Ralph in Sheryl Lee Ralph: Life After Dreamgirls as
- Ivy Teves in LA Poker Classic: Part 3 as Actress
- Ivy Austin in Grease 2 as Actress
- Ivy Elrod in Wallabout as Actress
- Ivy Snitzer in as
- Ivy Anderson Ivie Marie Anderson, was an American jazz-swing singer.
- Ivy Angustain is notable for her acting in movie Young and Free
- In 1959 musical movie, Saeta del ruiseñor, Ivy Bless played Dorothy.
- In 1927, Ivy Harris portrayed the role of Henriette in comedy flick A Gentleman of Paris.
- Ivy Holzer, from 1968 adventure and crime movie Samoa, regina della giungla, who characterized Nancy White.
- In 1914, Ivy Martinek characterized the role of Kate Halifax in crime, drama flick The Stolen Masterpiece.
- Ivy Merton characterized central character of Judy Brooks in 1932 action and adventure film Hell-Fire Austin.
- In 1915 drama movie, The Bottle, Ivy Millais portrayed Mary Ashford.
- Ivy Dominique, from crime, drama flick Clean Slate, who played Adrianna 'Addie' Renato.
- In 2012 drama film, Quanli guocheng, Ivy Yin characterized Wu Ya-Li.
- Ivy Khan, from 2006 drama movie Analog Days, who portrayed Tammy Keitel.
- Ivy Girdwood, from 2012 drama flick Vacationland, who played the Iris Evans.
Lists having Ivy
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Plant
- Baby Names that mean Evergreen
- Baby Names that mean Ornamental
- Baby Names that mean Vine
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Fragrant
- Baby Names that mean Yew
- Baby Names that mean Creeper
- Baby Names that mean Shrub