Jacqueline name meaning
On This Page
What does Jacqueline mean?
Customary and Venerable unisex name Jacqueline is of Hebrew origin and is used chiefly in English, Norwegian, French, Danish, Swedish and Finnish languages, Jacqueline means "Supplanter, Holder of the Heel, Yahweh May Protect or One who Supplants".
Jacqueline is form of trendy and biblical Jacques. Jacques is a variation of perennial and cherished Jacob. Also Jacques is variant form of biblical and persistent James. Jacques is French form of Jacobus.
Of Hebrew origin, Cherished and Evergreen Jacques, Jacques means "Supplanter and One Who Supplants".. Jacqueline is French equivalent of Jacques, a Combination of Jacques. Jacqueline is French equivalent of Lin. It is celebrated on February 8th.
How do I pronounce Jacqueline?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Jacqueline as jak-ah-lin. zhak-uh-leen is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of JacquelineNames that rhyme with Jacqueline
How popular is the name Jacqueline?
an extremely popular name in United States with over 422967 new-borns have been given the name since 1891. At the peak of its usage in 1961, 11973 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 37th position.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Jacqueline was a popular name in Ireland. Over 5793 babies have been given the moniker in 46 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1964, 529 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. After 46 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times Also, Jacqueline is an extremely popular in France where over 372550 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
When at the peak of its usage in 1928, 12457 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 21 times
Jacqueline was a common name in New South Wales.
Over 8003 babies have been named Jacqueline since 1952. When at its peak in 1968,. After 44 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Queensland, Jacqueline was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 2301 babies.
At its zenith in 1967,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Jacqueline is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 349 on girl names chart when 98 babies were given the name Jacqueline. There are over 754 babies that have been given the name Jacqueline in England and Wales.
Jacqueline is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 796th.
However things change on global perspective, Jacqueline is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, England and Cameroon.
Also the baby name is popular in Brazil, Burundi, Netherlands, Chile, Rwanda, Philippines, South Africa, Mexico, Canada, Switzerland, Haiti, Tanzania, Scotland, Germany, Malawi, Central African Republic, Benin, Ghana, Peru, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Colombia, Sudan, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso, Venezuela, Australia, Mozambique, Wales, Madagascar, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Lebanon, Malaysia, Northern Ireland, Ivory Coast, Chad, Zambia and Bolivia.
As per our estimate, over 2420000 people has been named Jacqueline globally.
Jacqueline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jacqueline?
You are against the cruelty of any kind and have a short temper. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time. You are the most self-motivated person you know. You are a child of change. You hate copying others. You are easily adaptable to changes and used to take the high road to success. Having 5 as your soul urge number reveals your deep desire to change and transform all the time.
Do you like Jacqueline? Other names you would love
- Michelle - Famous unisex name Michelle has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Michelle is "Who is Like God, Who is Like God? or Like the Lord" is mainly used in Arabic, German and French. In 2018, famous Michelle ranked 263 on baby girl chart in United States
- Kelly - Originated from Old Irish and Celtic, Prevalent and Ceaseless Kelly is mainly used in English, Finnish and English, Kelly means "Bright-headed, Lively or Strife War" is used for both genders
- Elijah - The famous and perennial unisex name Elijah is used prevalently in Arabic, Arabic and English, Elijah means "Beautyful, Sweet or Beautiful" has origin in Hebrew
- Marissa - Meaning of Marissa is Bitter, Rebellion or Little Mary is used as a unisex name and is predominantly used in Swedish, Norwegian and Spanish has origin in Hebrew and Italian
- Alejandro - Durable and Dominant Alejandro majorly is used in Finnish and Norwegian has origin in Spanish, Old Greek and English aimed at both sexes, meaning of Alejandro is "Defender of Men, Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men"
Middle names for Jacqueline
There are plenty of well-liked and lovely middle names that fit after "Jacqueline". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Jacqueline.
Famous people named Jacqueline
- Jacqueline Pascal, sister of Blaise Pascal
- Jacqueline Lichtenberg, American science fiction author
- Jacqueline de Jong, Dutch painter, sculptor and graphic artist
- Jacqueline Harpman, Belgian writer who wrote in French
- Jacqueline Toxopeus, former Dutch field hockey international playing
- Jacqueline Livingston, American photographer
- Jacqueline Sturm, poet and writer of short stories
- Jacqueline Caurat, retired French television presenter and journalist
- Jacqueline de Rohan, Marquise de Rothelin, French court official and aristocrat
- Jacqueline de Guillenchmidt, member of the Constitutional Council of France since 2004
- Jacqueline de Romilly, Franco-Greek philologist
- Jacqueline Gareau, Canadian runner
- Jacqueline Simpson, British researcher and author on folklore and legends
- Jacqueline Pascarl, Australian author
- Jacqueline de la Vega, Mexican show host in Spain and former model
- Jacqueline Frank DeLuca, accomplished American water polo goalkeeper
- Jacqueline Batteast, professional basketball player
- Jacqueline Dyris, petite stage actress and silent film star
- Jacqueline Mazéas, French athlete
- Jacqueline Robinson, female West Indian cricketer
- Jacqueline de Ribes, French aristocrat, designer, fashion icon
- Jacqueline van Rysselberghe, Chilean politician and psychiatrist
- Jacqueline Goormachtigh, retired discus thrower from the Netherlands,
- Jacqueline Leo, magazine editor and media producer
- Jacqueline Barton, American chemist
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, American book editor and socialite
- Jacqueline Bisset, English actress
- Jacqueline du Pré, British cellist
- Jacqueline Cochran, American
- Jacqueline Susann, American writer and actress
- Jacqueline Carey, American writer, primarily of fantasy fiction
- Jacqueline S. Moore, American poet and author of 'Moments of My Life'
- Jacqueline Courtney, American actress best
- Jacqueline Moore, Jacqueline MooreJackieJacquelyn MooreMiss Jacqueline/Ms
- Jacqueline Wilson, English novelist
- Jacqueline McKenzie, classically trained Australian actress of stage and screen
- Jacqueline Obradors, American actress
- Jacqueline Boyer, French singer and actress
- Jacqueline Mars, American heiress and investor
- Jacqueline Pearce, British film and television actress
- Jacqueline Aguilera, Venezuelan model and beauty queen
- Jacqueline Hill, British actress
- Jacqueline Bracamontes, pageant titleholder
- Jacqueline Govaert, Dutch singer, songwriter, and pianist
- Jacqueline White, former American film actress
- Jacqueline Saburido, Venezuelan burn survivor
- Jacqueline Bhabha, British academic, and an attorney
- Jacqueline Hennessy, Canadian journalist, television host
- Jacqueline Hassink, Dutch visual artist
- Jacqueline Joubert, French television continuity announcer
- Jacqueline du Bief, French figure skater
Lists having Jacqueline
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Boy names that starts with Jac
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1970)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1997)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1994)
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Supplants