Claudia name meaning
On This Page
What does Claudia mean?
Desirable and Evergreen unisex name Claudia is rooted from Latin, meaning of Claudia is "Lame, Persevering, The Limping, Disabled or Reference to the Gender of the Claudian" is used notably in Danish, Spanish, English, Scandinavian, Swedish, German, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Greenlandic.
Claudia is effeminate form of Claudius. Origin of Eminent and Enduring Claudius is in English, Latin and German, meaning of Claudius is "Lame, Crippled and The Limping".. The name is celebrated on June 6 or February 15.
How do I pronounce Claudia?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Claudia is c-lau-dia.
Variants of Claudia
Nicknames for Claudia
Here is the list of Possible nicknames for the given name Claudia:
How popular is the name Claudia?
Claudia was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 127361 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 1952, the moniker grabbed the 111st spot and 3383 baby girls were given the name.
However after 213 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 130 times Also, Claudia was a popular name in Spain.
Over 54137 babies have been named Claudia since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2006, 4763 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 17 years but still going strong on charts.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, Claudia was among the popular names in Italy. Since emerging in 1999 around 16902 babies have been given the first name.
When at its peak in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 2058 baby girls were given the name. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Claudia was a common name in England and Wales. Over 5017 babies have been named Claudia since 1996.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Claudia used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 20455 babies have been given the name in 119 years.
When at its peak in 1903,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 119 years. Also, Claudia was a common name in New South Wales. Over 2089 babies have been named Claudia since 1994.
At its zenith in 1998,. After 15 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Claudia is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 87 on girl names chart when 79 babies were given the name Claudia. Over 603 babies in Switzerland have been named Claudia.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 162 on girl names chart when 73 babies were given the name Claudia.
Over 684 people have been named Claudia in Belgium. Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 13 years beginning from 1994 and had secured the place in top 100 names.
In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 55 on girl names chart when 70 babies were given the name Claudia. Over 635 people have been named Claudia in Queensland.
Also, during its short run of just 1 years in Victoria, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 82 on girl names chart when 64 babies were given the name Claudia.
Claudia is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 97 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Claudia.
There are over 832 babies that have been given the name Claudia in Ireland. Claudia is a rare baby name in Victoria, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 2008.
However things change on global perspective, Claudia is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Germany, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Also the baby name is popular in Romania, Guatemala, Peru, Angola, Bolivia, Austria, El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti, Venezuela, Congo, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Uruguay, Ecuador, Madagascar, Ghana, England, Dominican Republic, Tanzania, South Africa, Philippines, Moldova, Comoros, Egypt, Indonesia and Rwanda.
According to our findings, over 3800000 babies have been named Claudia globally.
Claudia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Claudia?
You are a born leader who likes to be in charge of things. You want to be in control of your life and emotions. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person. You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before. You are a good friend and know how to keep secrets. If you walk over people to get on top, you won't make it. Or you will but you won't feel good about yourself.
Other names similar to Claudia, for soon-to-be-parents
- Turien - Origin of Turien is in Latin, meaning of Turien is "Young Shoot"
- Virginien means Virgin is of Latin origin
- Santo - Popular boy name Santo is of Latin and Spanish origin and is used in Spanish, Norwegian and Danish languages, meaning of Santo is "Sanctus, Saint or Holy"
- Minni - Dominantly used in Norwegian, Tamil and Danish, Minni is rooted from Germanic and Hebrew, meaning of Minni is "Helmet or Composition" is used as a girl name
- Beatrix - Of Portuguese, Polish and Romanian origin, Famed and Conifer Beatrix means "Traveler Pilgrim Bringer of Joy, The Words Viator Meaning Traveller Pilgrim or Traveller" and is commonly used in Norwegian, Danish and German is used for baby girls
Middle names for Claudia
There are many familiar and cutesy middle names that are commonly paired with Claudia.
View more middle names that goes with Claudia.
Sibling Names for Claudia
Introducing a list of sibling names for the charming and timeless baby name "Claudia." Whether you're expecting another little one or just searching for inspiration, these names complement Claudia's elegance and sophistication while adding their unique flair to the family dynamic.
Sister to Claudia
Names for Claudia's brother
Famous people named Claudia
- Claudia Cardinale, Italian Tunisian film actress and sex symbol
- Claudia Augusta, only daughter of the Roman Emperor Nero by his second wife Roman Empress Poppaea Sabina
- Claudia Muzio, Italian operatic soprano
- Claudia Severa, literate Roman woman, the wife of Aelius Brocchus
- Claudia Marcella, name of the two daughters of Octavia Minor
- Claudia Pastorino, Italian singer-songwriter, author
- Claudia Marx, German athlete
- Claudia Cassidy, music, dance, and drama critic in Chicago
- Claudia Melchers, Dutch head of a cooking company called CMC Catering
- Claudia of Chalon, second wife of Henry III of Nassau-Breda
- Claudia Koonz, American historian of Nazi Germany
- Claudia Fischer, Austrian national women's curling team skip
- Claudia Fontaine, English backing vocalist from Peckham, London
- Claudia Carawan, American singer-songwriter and pianist
- Claudia Vecchiarelli, contemporary Italian-German naive painter
- Claudia Zaslavsky, American educator and ethnomathematician
- Claudia Hernández, Peruvian TV Host, model and beauty queen
- Claudia Koll, Italian actress
- Claudia Lars, Salvadoran poet
- Claudia Rosencrantz, British journalist
- Claudia Sermbezis, English actress
- Claudia Zaczkiewicz, German athlete
- Claudia Mitchell, first woman to be outfitted with a bionic arm
- Claudia Soberón, Mexican actress and singer
- Claudia Rusca, Italian composer, singer, and organist
- Claudia Schreiber, German journalist and author
- Claudia Chase, served three terms as a State Representative
- Claudia Andreatti, was Miss Italia 2006
- Claudia Tate, noted literary critic and professor of English and African American Studies at Princeton University
- Claudia Müller-Ebeling, German anthropologist and art historian
- Claudia Dicaeosyna, Greek freedwoman who lived in the 1st century
- Claudia Hernández González, Salvadoran short story writer
- Claudia Motta, Mexican voice actress
- Claudia Tonn, German heptathlete
- Claudia Hoffmann, German sprinter who specialises in the 400 metres
- Claudia Zwiers, judoka from the Netherlands
- Claudia Olsen, Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party
- Claudia Wunderlich, former East German handball player
- Claudia van Thiel, retired female volleyball player
- Claudia Müller, retired German football striker
- Claudia Alexander, American research scientist specializing
- Claudia Orange, New Zealand historian best
- Claudia Roth, The Greens–European Free Alliance
- Claudia Schiffer, German supermodel, actress
- Claudia Beni, Croatian pop singer, born in Opatija
- Claudia Christian, Her main charity work is publicizing The Sinclair Method as a cure for alcoholism
- Claudia Cohen, American gossip columnist, socialite
- Claudia J. Kennedy, retired lieutenant general
- Claudia Winkleman, English television presenter, model, film critic
- Claudia Brücken, German singer
- Claudia Wells, American actress and businesswoman
- Claudia Antonia, daughter and oldest surviving child of the Roman Emperor Claudius and the only child of his second wife Aelia Paetina
Lists having Claudia
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Cla
- Girl names that ends with -dia
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2001)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2001)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2007)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Limping