Karma meaning and origin
Customary Karma came from Sanskrit and Hebrew is especially used in Tamil, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Sikh, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Arabic, Hindi and Indian and is aimed at both genders, meaning of Karma is "Action or Activity, A Star, Fate, Destiny, Fruit Garden, Fruitful Land or Deed". Karma is a variant form of evergreen, illustrous and biblical Carmen. Prevalent Carmen's origin is Latin and Hebrew, meaning of Carmen is "Crimson or Red, Garden and The Virgin of Mount Karmel".
Variants of KarmaNames that rhyme with Karma
Popularity of Karma
A common name in United States with over 6513 new-borns have been given the name since 1915. Currently the name is rising, in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 760th spot and 374 baby girls were given the name. Karma is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 115 babies that have been given the name Karma in England and Wales.
But Karma is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in, Bhutan, Nepal and Indonesia. According to our estimate, at least 90000 people have been bestowed Karma around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Karma
Your first instinct about someone as a person is the one you should listen. Perhaps it's because you are so kind it makes selfish and evil people sick. You always analyze something in your mind. Express your anger in order to clean your soul from the negative energy. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive. Try to be more compassionate and humane.
Parents who liked Karma, loved these names
- Chandana - Meaning of Chandana is Dear to the Gods, Parrot or Sandal Wood is used in Gujarati, Marathi and Oriya, rooted from Sanskrit is given to both boys and girls
- Farhat - Used in Marathi and Arabic new-fangled and offbeat, Farhat is used as a gender-neutral name and is rooted from Persian, Arabic and Turkish, Farhat means "Decent or Cheer"
- Tamam - Meaning of Tamam is One who is Generous or All has its origin in Arabic, used majorly in Arabic and Arabic is given to both sexes
- Zoha - Particulary used in Punjabi, Sikh and Arabic atypical, Zoha is used as a girl name. It is rooted from Arabic, meaning of Zoha is "Joy, Morning Light 93Rd Sura of Quran or Beauty"
- Shaistah - Meaning of Shaistah is Courteous or Polite is rooted from Arabic used as a girl name is used notably in Arabic and Sindhi
Namesakes of Karma
- Karma Pakshi, 2nd Karmapa Lama, 2nd Gyalwa Karmapa
- Karma to Burn, desert rock/stoner rock band
- Karma County, Australian music group who formed in 1995
- Karma Shenjing, visual kei rock group based
- Karma, professional 'Halo' player
- Karma Lingpa, tertön of the Bardo Thodol
Lists having Karma
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Fate
- Baby Names that mean Destiny
- Baby Names that mean Fruit
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Fruitful
- Baby Names that mean Land