Elma name meaning
What does Elma mean?
Acclaimed and Ever lasting unisex name Elma means "Will, Desire, Helmet, God's Protection, Will-helmet, Noble, Honorable, Famous, Well-Known, Sublime, Distinguished or Friendly" that originated from Old High German, Germanic and Old English languages is used especially in Faroese, Greek, Arabic, Italian, Danish, Tamil, Icelandic, Turkish, Swedish, English, Norwegian and Finnish. Elma is version of dominant and ceaseless Alma. Alma is version of Alumit. Also Alma is version of Germanic Names Beginning with Amal-, Especially Amalia, See Name Element Amal. Alma is abridged form of names with "Amal". Meaning of Alma is Capable, The Word Alma with the Meaning Soul and Kind is originated from Spanish and Latin. Elma is feminine variation of Elmar. Elmar is variant of Adalmar. Also Elmar is form of prominent and ever lasting Elmer. Elmar is masculine form of [Elma. Elmar means Awe Inspiring, Famous and Honorable is originated from Old High German and Old English. Elma is English and German cognate of Wilhelmina. Elma is celebrated on the 15 of April.
Variants of Elma
View middle names that goes with Elma like Goldie, Brooklyn, Byan, Georgia, Kathryn, Anissa,Names that rhyme with Elma
How popular is the name Elma?
Elma was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 21984 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1901, 659 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 209th position. But after 181 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 62 times Elma is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1977 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2001, it ranked 1045th when 32 girls were named Elma. Over 577 babies in France have been named Elma. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 192 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Elma. Over 409 people have been named Elma in Switzerland.
Elma is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1999, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 2187th. Over 108 babies in England and Wales have been named Elma. Also, it appeared first time in 2003 on baby girl names list of Belgium. But Elma is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Mozambique, Mexico and Argentina. At least, 190000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Elma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Elma?
Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. You have people who love you. You are the problem solver in your surroundings. You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps. If letter A is your capstone, then you are probably a man of your word.
Do you like Elma? You would love these names
- Leila - Lofty and Ever lasting unisex name Leila means "Nocturnal or Night Beauty" especially used in English, Tamil and Finnish came from Arabic and Persian. Renowned Leila ranked at 238 position in 2018 on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Haarith - Haarith's meaning is Tiller, Green or Cultivator is mainly used in Oriya and Gujarati is a baby boy name
- Samila - Samila's meaning is Peacemaker is a baby girl name is used in Arabic and Tamil
- Fadwa means Redeem for Mildness or Name Derived from Self-sacrifice used for both genders has its origin in Arabic is used mainly in Gujarati and Arabic
- Esra - Odd unisex name Esra is prevalently used in Icelandic and Swedish has its roots in Hebrew, German and Arabic, meaning of Esra is "Agitated, Uneasy or Faster"
Famous people named Elma
- Elma de Vries, Dutch marathon speed skater and inline speed skater
- Elma Sinanović, Serbian Bosniak singer from Novi Pazar
- Elma Karlowa in Angst essen Seele auf as Actress
- Actor Elma Bulla, notable for movie Der Liebling von Wien
- In 1930 comedy flick, Nerone, Elma Krimer characterized Poppea.
- In 2012 horror and sci-fi film, Frost, Elma Lísa Gunnarsdóttir portrayed Bráðavaktalæknir.
Lists having Elma
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Protection
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Distinguished
- Baby Names that mean Friendly