Ricky name meaning
What does Ricky mean?
Ricky means Ruler, Peaceful Ruler, Rich, Brave, Hardy or Honor and Powerful King is used principally in English, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, German, Telugu, Finnish and Swedish generally bestowed upon both sexes has its origin in Old High German, Germanic, Old Norse, Welsh and Gothic. Ricky is a variant form of famous Aric. Aric is English form of Eric. Also Aric is German cognate of Richard. Aric means Sacred Ruler and Ever Ruler is used primarily in English is originated from Old Norse and Germanic. Ricky is a variant of well-known Derek. Derek is a short form of TheodoricTheodoric. Derek is German form of Derrick. Meaning of Derek is First of the People and People and King is originated from Old High German and Gothic. Ricky is variation of celebrated and pious Ulrich. Ulrich is variation of well-liked Alaric. Ulrich is German cognate of Uodalrich. Ulrich means Patrimony and Ruler of All is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Ricky is version of Theodoric. Cherished Gothic Theodoric, meaning of Theodoric is "Reiks and Ruler of the People". Ricky is variation of admired and ceaseless Roderick. Roderick is English cognate of Roderich. Roderick means Fame and Glory is rooted from Old High German and Germanic. Ricky is a version of Rieke. Rieke is a version of Rike. Rieke is equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Rik in German language. Also Rieke is form of Marieke in German language. Meaning of Rieke is Ulrike and Friederike is rooted from German and Germanic. Ricky is resulted from Eric. Eric is English and Scandinavian cognate of Erich. Also Eric is equivalent of Frederick in English and French languages. Widespread Old Norse and Germanic Eric, meaning of Eric is "Forever Ruler, Ruler and Ever-powerful". Ricky is abridged form of Richard. Richard is variation of Rickward. Also Richard is variant transcription of RIK;HARD. Meaning of Richard is King and Strong and Dominant Ruler is originated from English, Germanic and Old High German. Ricky is short of Frederick. Frederick means Power, Peace and Elf is rooted from Germanic and English. Ricky is diminutive of Cedric. Cedric is variant form of Cerdic. Customary Cedric's origin is Welsh and English, meaning of Cedric is "Pattern of Generosity and Unclear". Ricky is form of Rick in English language. The name is celebrated on May 18th.
How do I pronounce Ricky?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Ricky as r(ic)-ky.
Variants of Ricky
Richart, Richeard, Rickyy, Rieke, Aric, Derek, Roderick, Theodoric, Ulrich, Rike, Marieke, Airikr, Eric, Richard, Aaric, Arik, Derrick, Darick, Dieter, Tiede, Roderich, Rhoderic, Dedric, Rick, Uodalrich, Alaric, Huldrich, Rich, Ulrike, TyrickNames that rhyme with Ricky
How popular is the name Ricky?
an extremely popular name in United States with over 222705 new-borns have been given the name since 1925. When at its peak in 1958, it ranked 34th when 13370 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 10 times Ricky used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1492 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At its zenith in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Ricky was a common name in New South Wales. Over 1069 babies have been named Ricky since 1959. When at the peak of its usage in 1961,. After 13 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Ricky is a familiar baby name in Queensland, it had been in use since 1960 and was last seen in 1985, during its 21 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1963, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 58 on boy names chart when 69 babies were given the name Ricky. There are over 905 babies that have been given the name Ricky in Queensland. Ricky is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1955 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 819 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Ricky. Over 343 babies in France have been named Ricky.
Ricky is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 31 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200. Over 178 babies in Ireland have been named Ricky. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 815 in 1999. However things change on global perspective, Ricky is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 700 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Indonesia, England and India. According to our research, at least 510000 people have been bestowed Ricky around the globe.
Ricky in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ricky?
Open your mind to new opinion and widen your perspective. You get satisfied with little. But you were born for so much more. Criticism helps you become better than you were yesterday. People admire your endless hope that things will get better in the world and your courage to do what others avoid to do. You are always being straight. When it comes to love relationships, you are loyal and passionate but don't trust your partner.
Do you like Ricky? Read these names too
- Marvin - Customary and Ceaseless Marvin is originated from Welsh, English and Anglo-Saxon is used primarily in English and Danish, meaning of Marvin is "Sea Lover or Marrow Eminent" is a gender insensitive name . Commonly Accepted Marvin ranked at 493 position in 2014 on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Edwin - Predominant and Ceaseless German and Old English Edwin is commonly used in Swedish, Danish and English, meaning of Edwin is "Possession, Rich Friend Friend of Riches Blessed Friend or Wealthy Friend" is a gender-neutral name
- Ezekiel - Of Hebrew origin, Customary and All time favorite Ezekiel bestowed upon both genders, used dominantly in Tamil, Norwegian and English, Ezekiel means "God Strengthens"
- Megan means Diminutive of Margaret, Strong or Capable or Strong used for both sexes. Its origin is in Old Greek is used particulary in Bengali, Malayalam and Gujarati
- Marilyn means Wished for Child or Bitterness is dominantly used in Swedish and Finnish and is aimed at both genders is rooted from Hebrew
Famous people named Ricky
- Ricky Lewis, American soccer defender
- Ricky Ray Rector, was executed for the 1981 murder of police officer Robert Martin
- Ricky Sharpe, played
- Ricky Kanee Schachter, renowned dermatologist
- Ricky Preddie,
- Ricky Evans, former Welsh international rugby union player
- Ricky Hoyte, former West Indian cricketer
- Ricky Owens, American R&B and soul singer better known as the first tenor and lead singer of the doo-wop/R&B group The Vibrations and
- Ricky Silberman, American conservative activist who
- Ricky Anderson, retired Canadian boxer,
- Ricky Kling, Swedish speedway rider
- Ricky Martin, Puerto Rican singer, actor and author
- Ricky Meléndez, Puerto Rican singer, lawyer and actor
- Ricky Gervais, English stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer
- Ricky Nelson, American rock and roll star, musician
- Ricky Byrdsong, American college basketball coach and insurance executive
- Ricky Schroder, Richard Bartlett Schroder, Jr
- Ricky Jay, American stage magician, actor, bibliophile
- Ricky Wilde, British songwriter, musician
- Ricky Williams, Errick Lynne Williams Jr
- Ricky Manning, Richard "Ricky" Manning Jr
- Ricky Ponting, Australian former international cricketer
- Ricky Bell, American singer best known as one of the founding members of R&B/pop group New Edition
- Ricky Rudd, American former racing driver
- Ricky Nelson, retired Major League Baseball outfielder
- Ricky Steamboat, Sam Steamboat Jr
- Ricky Gutiérrez, American former shortstop in Major League Baseball
- Ricky Ball, musician from New Zealand
- Ricky Tomlinson, English actor, comedian
- Ricky Hendrick, American NASCAR stock car driver and partial owner at Hendrick Motorsports
- Ricky Watters, former American football running back
- Ricky Wilson, American musician best known as the original guitarist and founding member of rock band the B-52's
- Ricky Shakes, professional footballer
- Ricky Proehl, former American football wide receiver
- Ricky Hui, Hong Kong actor and singer
- Ricky Hatton, British former professional boxer
- Ricky Bottalico, former right-handed relief pitcher
- Ricky Morton, American professional wrestler
- Ricky Fataar, South African multi-instrumentalist of Cape Malay descent
- Ricky Wilson, English singer-songwriter
- Ricky Phillips, American bass guitarist and a member of the rock band Styx since 2003
- Ricky Davis, American former professional basketball player
- Ricky Sánchez, Puerto Rican professional basketball player
- Ricky Craven, ESPN broadcaster
- Ricky Rodriguez, former member of the Children of God
- Ricky Paull Goldin, American actor, producer
- Ricky Ray, American professional Canadian football quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League
- Ricky López, singer and former member of the well known boy band
- Ricky Carmichael, former motocross racer
- Ricky Bruch, Swedish discus thrower and actor
- Ricky Lauren in All New! A Rare Interview: Amercian Icon Ralph Lauren and His Fascinating Family as
- RickyLee Waipuka-Russell in Boy as Actress
- Ricky Koole in Sonny Boy as Actress
- Ricky White in Everybody Loves Lucy as Actress
- Ricky Sinz in Grunts: Misconduct as Actor
- Ricky Ricardo in Island of the Dolls/Lusca as
- Ricky Velez in Rapturious as Actor
- Ricky Banderas Gilbert Cosme, is a Puerto Rican professional wrestler more known as Ricky Banderas or The Messiah.
- Composer Ricky Edwards, movie The Bank Job
- Ricky Davao, from 2005 comedy and drama film Mga pusang gala, who portrayed the Boyet.
- In 1966, Ricky Shayne portrayed the role of Ricky Fuller in comedy, drama flick La battaglia dei Mods.
- Ricky Belmonte, from 1969 comedy, musical movie Oh, Delilah, who played the N.
- Ricky Long portrayed the central role of Count Balazar in 2010 horror movie Killer Shorts 2.
- Ricky H. Malau, from 2002 family film Bendera, who characterized the Rocker.
- Ricky Melendez, from 1982 flick Menudo: La pelicula, who portrayed N.
- In 2011 film, Scruff En Halloween, Ricky Coello characterized Peter.
- Ricky Valencia, from 1973 drama, romance movie Hindi kita malimot, who portrayed the N.
- In 2006 horror movie, Family Curse, Ricky Brown portrayed Thug.
Lists having Ricky
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1969)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1986)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1985)
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful
- Baby Names that mean Dominant
- Baby Names that mean Brother
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Lucky
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Forever
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Hardy
- Baby Names that mean Honor
- Baby Names that mean King