Aaliyah meaning and origin
Popular and In fashion Modish unisex name Aaliyah means "Sunshine, Bright, To Ascend, Highly Exalted, Lofty, Exalted One or The Ascent" that originated from Hebrew is primarily used in Sindhi, Oriya, Swedish, Hindi, Tamil, English, Danish, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Finnish, Norwegian, Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi and Arabic. Aaliyah is variation of renowned Aliyah. Aliyah is version of dominant Alya. Aliyah's meaning is To Ascend, Noble and The Ascent came from Hebrew and Arabic.
Variants of AaliyahNames that rhyme with Aaliyah
Popularity of Aaliyah
a very popular name in United States having over 87434 recievers in 56 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2012, it ranked 36th when 5502 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Aaliyah was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 8532 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 92nd spot and 533 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 2 times
Aaliyah was a common name in France. Over 2172 babies have been named Aaliyah since 1998. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Aaliyah was a common name in New South Wales. Over 1019 babies have been named Aaliyah since 2009. At its zenith in 2012,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 11 years.
Aaliyah is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2019, 61 babies were given Aaliyah and it reached its peak ranking, 228 on girl names chart. Over 275 people have been named Aaliyah in Netherlands. Also, in Queensland, in just 10 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 74 on girl names chart when 66 babies were given the name Aaliyah. Over 593 babies in Queensland have been named Aaliyah.
In Ireland, Aaliyah is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 192 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Aaliyah. Over 304 babies in Ireland have been named Aaliyah. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 255 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Aaliyah. There are over 320 babies that have been given the name Aaliyah in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 273 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Aaliyah. There are over 393 babies that have been given the name Aaliyah in Belgium.
Also, Aaliyah is a familiar name in South Africa, Kenya, England and Nigeria. At least, 100000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Aaliyah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Aaliyah?
Your creativity allows you to express your emotions. With time, you will gather the courage to make the first step toward your goal. You are an opportunist with an optimistic attitude. You have trust issues and anger management problem that you seem to be handling pretty well. Why don't you allow your dreams to guide you? You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You have the heart of a warrior.
Go through the following names similar to Aaliyah
- Aaina - Aaina's meaning is Reflection or Mirror is principally used in Assamese and Marathi is aimed at girls
- Ruhi - Used mainly in Tamil, Oriya and Marathi unexpected, Ruhi means "Who Touches the Heart, A Music Tune or Of Spirit" is aimed at both genders
- Sobia - Used predominantly in Arabic and Tamil unorthodox, Sobia bestowed upon girls, Sobia means "Good or Noble or Good or Noble Girl"
- Najdah mostly is used in Sindhi and Arabic, meaning of Najdah is "Courage, Bravery or Help" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Ghitbah - Used in Arabic and Sindhi, Ghitbah is used as a baby girl name, Ghitbah means "Narrator of Hadith or A Narrator of Hadith"
Namesakes of Aaliyah
- Aaliyah, American singer, actress, and model
- Aaliyah Brown in My Name Is Aldrich Ames as Actress
- Aaliyah Franks in April Fools as Actress
- Aaliyah Benisano in Tol Protects Sandy from Her Suitor as Actress
- Aaliyah Jolie in Fashion Underground as Actress
- Aaliyah Cinello in RoboCop as Actress
- Aaliyah Dana Haughton, professionally known as Aaliyah, was an R&B singer, dancer, model and actress.
Lists having Aaliyah
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Ascend
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Lofty
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Highly
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Tall
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Ascent