Ruby meaning and origin
Celebrated and All time favorite Ruby came from English and Latin languages is a gender insensitive name, dominantly used in Tamil, Sikh, Marathi, Finnish, Oriya, English, Bengali, Norwegian, Malayalam, Kannada, Swedish, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu and Danish, meaning of Ruby is "Reddish, Reborn, Red, The Ruby, Rubin or Red Stone". Ruby is form of Rubi in English language.
Variants of RubyNames that rhyme with Ruby
Popularity of Ruby
Ruby is a very popular name in United States given to over 354590 babies in 269 years. At its zenith in 1911, the moniker grabbed the 22nd spot and 8406 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 35 times Also, Ruby was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 52859 babies have been named Ruby since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2007, 4983 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 4 times
In Ireland, Ruby was once a common name since emerging in 1997 it has been given to over 3676 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2013,. However after 22 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In New South Wales, Ruby was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 4449 babies. When at its peak in 2013,. However after 17 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Ruby was a common name in Queensland. Over 2360 babies have been named Ruby since 2003. When at the peak of its usage in 2009,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Ruby used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2009 and over 148 babies have been given the name in 1 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2009,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, A common name in Victoria having over 1331 recievers in 6 years of usage. When at its peak in 2009, it ranked 10th when 319 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
Ruby is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1955 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 585 on girl names chart when 96 babies were named Ruby. Over 959 people have been named Ruby in France. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2019, 69 babies were given Ruby and it reached its peak ranking, 205 on girl names chart. Over 282 babies in Netherlands have been named Ruby.
Ruby is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 346 in 2009. Over 110 people have been named Ruby in Switzerland. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 595 in 2011. Over 145 people have been named Ruby in Belgium. Ruby is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2009. There are over 148 babies that have been given the name Ruby in Western Australia. But Ruby is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, India, Colombia, Ghana, Bangladesh, England, Canada, Egypt and Jamaica. At least, 540000 people globally have carried Ruby as their given name according to our evaluation.
Ruby in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ruby?
You weren't born to be tamed. You were born to be wild, in the true sense of the word. Accept how you are and stop stressing over your imperfections because they're the ones that make you perfectly imperfect. You organize the best family gatherings and make the best parties. Having letter R as a cornerstone reflects your modesty, pride, and naivety. You are a blessed person even if you don't know it yet.
Looking for names similar to Ruby? Please go through the following names
- Malinda - Darling and Perennial girl name Malinda is used largely in Greek and English, meaning of Malinda is "The Noble Way, Blend of Melissa or Linda or -Inda" is originated from English and Latin
- Nautyka came from Latin, meaning of Nautyka is "Nautical and Navigator on the Sea" is a baby girl name. Nautyka is resultant of Nautica.
- Gatien - Gatiens origin is Latin bestowed upon boys, used primarily in French, meaning of Gatien is "Grace or Gratus"
- Eternity - Eternity's meaning is Forever is a baby girl name is of Latin origin
- Priscillia - Offbeat Priscillia is originated from Latin bestowed upon baby girls, Priscillia means "Antique or The Ancient" is used largely in French
Namesakes of Ruby
- Ruby Elzy, pioneer American operatic soprano
- Ruby Terrill Lomax, American educator and folklorist,
- Ruby Ferguson, British writer of popular fiction
- Ruby Hutchison, Australian politician
- Ruby McCollum, wealthy married African-American woman in Live Oak
- Ruby Kless Sondock, first woman to serve on the Texas Supreme Court
- Ruby Sales, African-American social activist
- Ruby Hart Phillips, 'New York Times' correspondent in Cuba
- Ruby Ross Wood, prominent New York interior decorator and the owner of Ruby Ross Wood
- Ruby Nash Garnett, ohio
- Ruby, 4
- Ruby Yang, Chinese American filmmaker
- Ruby Mercer, writer, broadcaster, soprano and entrepreneur
- Ruby Wright, American singer and songwriter
- Ruby Slipperjack, Ojibwe writer and painter
- Ruby Payne-Scott, Australian pioneer
- Ruby Keeler, Canadian-born American actress
- Ruby Murray, Northern Irish singer and actress
- Ruby Blue, folk pop band formed by singer Rebecca Pidgeon and guitarist Roger Fife
- Ruby Muhammad, African American religious figure and centenarian known as the "Mother of the Nation of Islam
- Ruby Wax, American actress, mental health campaigner
- Ruby Archer, American poet
- Ruby Bridges, American civil rights activist
- Ruby Dee, American actress, poet, playwright, screenwriter
- Ruby Lin, Taiwanese actress, television and film producer
- Ruby Goldstein, American boxer and prize fight referee
- Ruby Dhalla, Canadian politician
- Ruby Braff, American jazz trumpeter and cornetist
- Ruby, Egyptian singer
- Ruby Starr, rock singer and recording artist
- Ruby Lindsay, Australian illustrator and painter
- Ruby Laffoon, American politician
- Ruby Walsh, Irish jockey
- Ruby Hunter, Australian singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Ruby Turner, British Jamaican R&B and soul singer, songwriter
- Ruby Myers, Indian silent film actress of Jewish ancestry
- Ruby Dandridge, American actress
- Ruby Bradley, was one of the most decorated women
- Ruby Langford Ginibi, acclaimed Bundjalung author
- Ruby, collaboration of singer Lesley Rankine and Mark Walk
- Ruby Romaine, fictional character portrayed by Tracey Ullman on her show 'Tracey Takes On
- Ruby Johnson, American soul singer
- Ruby Bhatia, Indian VJ, TV show host, compere and actress
- Ruby Doris Smith-Robinson, worked with the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee
- Ruby Neri, artist based in Los Angeles, California
- Ruby Elise York in Pilot as Actress
- Ruby Laurelle Staley in The Ghostmaker as Actress
- Ruby Sims in Behind Your Eyes as Actress
- Ruby Smith-Merovitz in Family of Cops as Actress
- Ruby Mayer in Kaagaz Ke Phool as Actress
- In 1987 drama, sci-fi film, Friendship's Death, Ruby Baker played Catherine.
- Ruby Belasco, from 1914 crime, drama movie Justice, who portrayed Mrs. Prescott.
- Ruby Cox, from 1915 drama flick Coral, who characterized the Helen Norton.
- Ruby de Mel played vital role of Helen's mother in 1977 drama flick Bambaru Avith.
- Ruby Hill characterized minor role of N in 1947 comedy, musical film Ebony Parade.
- In 1920, Ruby Lafayette portrayed the role of Granny Hope in drama, romance film Polly of the Storm Country.
- Ruby Miller characterized leading character of Vera Vayne in 1917 romance film In Another Girl's Shoes.
- Ruby Crawford, from 2007 drama, family flick Scripture Cake: A Southern Cuisine Movie, who characterized the Nainsi Moon.
- In 2001, Ruby Padilla played the role of N in drama movie Paru-parong ligaw.
- Ruby Jo Yi Wong, from 2002 crime movie Sau sing san yan lui II, who characterized the N.
- Ruby Regala portrayed the central role of Zebra in 1965 action, adventure film Zebra.
- In 1977, Ruby Singh played the role of Indu in crime, mystery movie Wangar.
- Ruby Aiba, from 2009 drama film Zetsurin Meiki sandanzeme, who portrayed N.
- In 2009, Ruby Wendell characterized the role of Emily Erickson in drama, family flick Ashes.
Lists having Ruby
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Reddish
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Colored
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Gemstone
- Baby Names that mean Ruby
- Baby Names that mean Jewel
- Baby Names that mean Stone