Sumaya meaning and origin
Far-out Sumaya predominantly is used in Tamil, Oriya, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Sanskrit, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Malayalam, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu and Danish, meaning of Sumaya is "With Excellent Plans, High Above, Wise or Learned" and a girl name is originated from Arabic and English-American. Sumaya is Arabic and Latin cognate of Samiya. Sumaya's meaning is With Excellent Plans, High Above, Wise or Learned is particulary used in Tamil, Oriya, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Sanskrit, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Malayalam, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu and Danish. It is rooted from Arabic and English-American is aimed at girls. Sumaya is formed by long standing and celebrated Sue and skyrocketing and prominent Maya. Maya is version of acclaimed Maja. Also Maya is a variation of perennial, frequently used and biblical May. Maya is resultant of Marie.
Variants of Sumaya
Sumaaya, Sue, Maya, Shoshana, Sousanna, Sueann, Maja, May, Maaja, Mayarose, Samiya, Saamia, Samia, Shoshanah, Suann, Ann, Maha, Maje, Maj, Maria, Margit, Marit, Marina, Mae, Mai, Maylyn, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Mya, Mâja, RoseNames that rhyme with Sumaya
Popularity of Sumaya
Sumaya used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1969 and over 1640 babies have been given the name in 34 years. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 34 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Sumaya was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1494 babies have been named Sumaya since 1996. At its zenith in 2007,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Sumaya is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 1900 (2015) in its 14 years run on France naming chart. Over 105 people have been named Sumaya in France. In Belgium, first appeared in 2010 and is still in use. Sumaya is a rare baby name in Ireland where it may not be used now. However things change on global perspective, Sumaya is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Iraq, Sudan, Uganda, Tajikistan and India. As per our estimate, over 370000 babies have been bestowed Sumaya around the globe.
What numerology tells about Sumaya?
When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff. You always hope things to work out on their own. You only need the right ones to be content in life. And you are right. You take things too personally and it's affecting your mental health in a negative way. You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time.
Do you like Sumaya? Read these names too
- Norya means Dazzling or Bright used for baby girls is originated from Arabic and Japanese
- Jalil - Primarily used in Hindi, Telugu and Sindhi unexpected, Jalil is originated from Arabic is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Jalil is "Exalted or Big"
- Zinah - Principally used in Arabic and English, Zinah aimed at baby girls, meaning of Zinah is "Ornamentation, Beauty or Adornment" is originated from African-Nsenga
- Takia - Unusual Takia majorly is used in English and Arabic, meaning of Takia is "Worshipper or Silence" that came from Arabic is used as a girl name
- Taufeeq - Dominantly used in Arabic and Arabic, Taufeeq is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Taufeeq is "Daring, Guidance or Prosperity"
Namesakes of Sumaya
- Sumaya Farhat Naser, Palestinian Christian peace activist
Lists having Sumaya
- Girl names beginning with S
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Sanskrit Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Excellent
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Learned