Maj meaning and origin
Maj means Wet Nurse or Midwife is originated from Arabic and Latin and is used for both sexes is predominantly used in Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, Finnish, Norwegian, Scandinavian and English. Maj is a version of prevailing Maja. Maja is a variation of outstanding and hot leading Maya. Maja is resultant of Marie. Maja is short form of Maria. Also Maja is shortened form of Mary. Maja is Nordic and Frisian form of Maria. Also Maja is Swedish form of Margit. Maja is also Frisian and Swedish form of Marit. Maja is also equivalent of Marina in Swedish and Frisian languages. Latin, Greek and Indian name Maja, meaning of Maja is "Sea of Bitterness and Great". Maj is variant of commonly accepted Majid. Originated from Arabic, Majid, Majid means "Innovator and Noble". Maj is short form of Maria. Maria is resulted from Mary. Maria is Latin and Greek cognate of Mirjam. Also Maria is equivalent of Mirjam in Latin and Greek languages. Maria's meaning is Wished for Child and The Perfect One is rooted from Hebrew.
Variants of Maj
Majen, Majid, Maja, Magid, Maya, Maria, Margit, Marit, Marina, Maha, Maje, Maien, Maged, Maaja, Sumaya, Mayarose, May, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Margita, Marghit, Margrit, Karit, Martha, Margrét, Mareen, Marinette, Marine, Marinalee, MaahaNames that rhyme with Maj
Popularity of Maj
Maj is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Pakistan and Bangladesh. At least, 40000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Maj in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Maj?
You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. Waking up at the same time every day, five times a week, makes you feel nervous and steals your energy away. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. Your creativity is something many people envy, especially your co-workers.
Go through the following names similar to Maj
- Vince - Especially used in Norwegian and Finnish long standing and celebrated, Vince is originated from Latin and Old English, meaning of Vince is "Victor, Form of Vincent or The Winning" is used for both sexes
- Monique - Mainly used in Swedish, Danish and French frequently used, Monique has its origin in Old Greek and Latin and is aimed at both genders, meaning of Monique is "Unique, Advise or Single"
- Deston - The queer boy name Deston means "The Elements Destiny and Destiny" is of Latin and English origin. Deston is derivative of Destin.
- Paulia - Meaning of Paulia is Weak, Biblical Apostle and Evangelist Paul's Letters to Early Christians Comprise Many New Testament Books and The Humble has origin in Latin is used as a unisex name. Paulia is resultant of Paul.
- Lamark - The widely accepted and evergreen boy name Lamark is of Latin origin is largely used in English. Lamark is English form of Mark
Namesakes of Maj
- Maj Britt Theorin, Swedish social democratic politician and diplomat
- Maj Sjöwall, Swedish author and translator
- Maj Karma, Finnish rock / metal band formed in 1992