Coby name meaning
On This Page
What does Coby mean?
Coby means Supplanter, Variant of Coburn, Yahweh May Protect or Holder of the Heel is rooted from Hebrew and African-Swahili used for both genders is used in English. Coby is variant form of acclaimed Kobe.
Kobe is a variation of perennial, admired and biblical Jacob. Of Swahili, African-Swahili and Japanese origin, Prevailing Kobe is substantially used in Japanese and English, Kobe means "Tortoise".
Does Coby sound like a good baby name?
Coby is a name that has been gaining popularity as a baby boy name in recent years. It has a unique sound and is easy to spell and pronounce.
What makes Coby stand out from other names is its strong meaning - Supplanter. This indicates that the child bearing this name will have the power to take over or replace someone else in their position.
In addition, Coby has a friendly, approachable vibe to it which makes it an ideal name for parents looking for something modern yet timeless. The simplicity of its spelling and pronunciation also make it suitable as a middle name or paired with other names as part of a double-barrelled first name combination.
How do I pronounce Coby?
Two syllabled Coby is pronounced as c(o)-by.
Variants of CobyNames that rhyme with Coby
How popular is the name Coby?
a popular name in United States with over 9006 new-borns have been given the name since 1941. At the peak of its usage in 2001, the moniker grabbed the 462nd spot and 516 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 2 times Coby was a common name in England and Wales. Over 2209 babies have been named Coby since 1996.
When at the peak of its usage in 2005,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 31 years but it is still going strong.
But Coby is a popular baby name in Netherlands where every 1 in 3000 have the name.
As per our estimate, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Coby around the globe.
Coby in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Coby
You care about the people you love deeply but can imagine living without them. Although you believe your dreams are too wild to realize, you are completely wrong. You have to think of your own purpose and reason for waking up in the morning. You are a great person with no need of self-doubt. Most people are jealous of your aura and ability to become the center of attention even when you don't try at all.
Do you like Coby? Other names you would love
- Ambrose - The prevailing and venerable boy name Ambrose is originated from Old Greek used especially in Dutch and Marathi languages, Ambrose means "Undying or Ever-living". Famed name Ambrose managed to bag 483rd position among baby boy names in 1926 in United States
- Iola means Violet Flower or Violet is predominantly used in English and Welsh is originated from Latin and Old Greek is a unisex name
- Belinda - Long standing and Cherished Belinda is used commonly in Finnish and Danish is originated from Italian, Germanic and Spanish bestowed upon both genders, Belinda means "Very Beautiful or Attractive"
- Tad - Widespread boy name Tad means "Courageous or Praise or Father". Its origin is in Aramaic and Celtic is used particulary in Latin and Welsh
- Trista means Sorrowful, Sad or Drest Meaning Din Riot Tumult is originated from Celtic and a gender insensitive name is predominantly used in English and English
Sibling Names for Coby
If you're considering naming your baby boy Coby, you might also be interested in finding a sibling name that complements this unique moniker. From classic and timeless to modern and trendy, here are some great options for siblings of your little Coby:
Names for Coby's sister
Brother to Coby
Famous people named Coby
- Coby Bell, American actor
- Coby van Baalen, She did so alongside Anky van Grunsven
- Coby Karl, American professional basketball coach and former American basketball player
- Coby Dietrick, American former professional basketball player
- Coby Rhinehart, former professional Canadian football
- Coby Connell in Got What It Takes as Actress
- Coby Fleener Jacoby Fleener is an American football player who holds the position of Ala Cerrada and who is active in the ranks of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League.
- Actor Coby Batty, notable for TV series Church Secrets and Legends
Lists having Coby
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- African Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Heel