Yaqub name meaning
On This Page
What does Yaqub mean?
Atypical Yaqub majorly is used in Sindhi, Arabic and Hindi is a baby boy name. It is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Yaqub is "A Prophet's Name or Yahweh May Protect". Yaqub is variant of famous and biblical Jacob.
Of Hebrew origin, Unfamiliar Jacob, Jacob means "Yahweh May Protect and Holder of the Heel".
How Yaqub is perceived as a baby name?
Yaqub is a Hebrew name that was commonly given to baby boys. It has a rich history and can be traced back to the biblical figure Jacob.
Yaqub means "he who supplants" which refers to his cunning nature and ability to take what he desires. The name has gained popularity due to its association with strength, resilience, and determination.
Many parents choose the name Yaqub for their little ones because of its unique sound and historical significance. Overall, Yaqub is a great name for parents who want their child's moniker to have cultural significance while still being easily pronounceable in different languages.
How do I pronounce Yaqub?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Yaqub as ya-qub.
Variants of YaqubNames that rhyme with Yaqub
How popular is the name Yaqub?
Yaqub is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2018, 92 babies were given Yaqub and it reached its peak ranking, 446 on boy names chart.
There are over 840 babies that have been given the name Yaqub in England and Wales. In United States, Yaqub is a unique name where it has been in use since 2000 and has secured the place in top 3000 names.
Recently in 2018, it ranked 2974th when 39 boys were named Yaqub. Over 360 people have been named Yaqub in United States.
But Yaqub is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 110000 have the name as well as in Azerbaijan.
According to our evaluation, over 20000 babies have been named Yaqub globally.
What numerology tells about Yaqub?
You don't believe in eternal love but you do believe in respect, care and, appreciation. Your independence and narcissism make you more attractive than you already are in people's eyes. You are attentive to details and hard-working. You are a daydreamer who can spend hours of wandering your imaginative world. Reframe your problems as an opportunity to prove yourself you can handle anything that comes in your way.
Go through the following names similar to Yaqub
- Wafeeq is used in Hindi, Arabic and Marathi came from Arabic used as a baby boy name, Wafeeq means "Successful"
- Hajar means Escape or Wife of Prophet Ibrahim is originated from Arabic and Hebrew is a gender insensitive name is primarily used in Hindi and Arabic
- Mahaa - Girl name Mahaa means "Wild Cow or Gazelle" is principally used in Tamil and Arabic
- Jamall - Prevalently used in Arabic and English far-out, Jamall means "Handsome" and is aimed at boys is rooted from Arabic
- Charif - Origin of Charif is in Lebanese and Arabic bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Charif is "Of Illustrious Origin, Noble or Honest"
Famous people named Yaqub
- Yaqub Beg, adventurer of Tajik or Uzbek descent
- Yaqub Sanu, Egyptian Jewish journalist
Lists having Yaqub
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with Y
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Arabic Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Sindhi Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Ruby
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Prophets