Malika name meaning
On This Page
What does Malika mean?
Rare unisex name Malika has origin in Arabic, Latin and Arab, meaning of Malika is "A Garland, Flower, Industrious, Necklace, Intoxicating Drink, Queen, Owner, The Mogra, King, One Who Owns, Efficient, Native of Magdala, Composition Of Court, Friend or Daughter" is majorly used in Telugu, Arabic, Sindhi, Icelandic, Indian, Danish, Oriya, Norwegian, Finnish, Marathi, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Swedish, Gujarati, Malayalam, Nordic and Hungarian.
Malika is short of Magdalena. Magdalena is equivalent of Μαγδαληνη Which is a Greek Form of a Hebrew Epithet: in Latin language. Offbeat Hebrew Magdalena, meaning of Magdalena is "Magdalene and Villager of Galilee".
Malika is abridged form of Amalie. Amalie is variant of illustrous Amal. Also Amalie is a variation of well-liked and perennial Amalia. Of Hebrew and Gothic origin, Curious Amalie, Amalie means "Efficient and Brave".
Malika is feminine variation of Malik. Malik is version of biblical and dominant Malachi. Malik is short form of Malomir. Malik means Ruling, Chief and Who Owns is of Arabic and Greenlandic origin.
Malika is Hungarian equivalent of Amelia. Also Malika is Iranian equivalent of Malika that is usedforeign. Also Malika is Hungarian equivalent of Amanda. Also Malika is Hungarian equivalent of Amalia.
What's Malika like for a baby name?
Malika is a vibrant and powerful name that exudes strength and elegance. Of Arabic origin, it is commonly associated with the regal qualities of a queen or angel.
However, Malika also carries a sense of fairness and justice, making it an ideal name for parents who value these virtues. As a baby girl name, Malika stands out due to its unique blend of grace and power, offering parents the opportunity to bestow upon their daughter an empowering identity from birth.
Its melodic sound and poetic rendition make it one of the most popular names in Arabic-speaking countries worldwide.
How do I pronounce Malika?
m(a)-li-ka is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Malika. muh-lee-kuh is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of MalikaNames that rhyme with Malika
How popular is the name Malika?
Malika was a popular name in France. Over 23342 babies have been given the name in 73 years. At the peak of its usage in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 86th spot and 774 baby girls were given the name.
After 73 years, the name has past its prime. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 15 times In United States, Malika was once a common name since emerging in 1966 it has been given to over 4450 babies.
When at its peak in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 58 years.
Malika is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 565 on girl names chart when 62 babies were named Malika. Over 848 people have been named Malika in England and Wales.
Malika is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 401 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Malika.
Over 369 people have been named Malika in Belgium.
Malika is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 221 people have been named Malika in Switzerland.
However things change on global perspective, Malika is extremely popular in Algeria where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Morocco. Also the baby name is popular in Uzbekistan, India, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Pakistan, Iraq, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka, Spain and Kyrgyzstan.
According to our evaluation, at least 920000 people have been bestowed Malika around the globe.
Malika in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Malika
You are a good listener and friend. Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. You always have one main plan, a couple of reserve plans and a few exit strategies when working on something. The letter A as your capstone represents your high aspirations and unusual character. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. You have to understand that not everyone is willing and excited to succeed in life as you are.
Do you like Malika? You would love these names
- Pashmina - Girl name Pashmina means "Shawl or Showl" is used mostly in Marathi, Gujarati and Arabic
- Raawiya - Girl name Raawiya is used in Arabic and Kannada, meaning of Raawiya is "Transmitter, Transmitter of Ancient Arabic Poetry or Story Teller"
- Youssouf - Originated from Hebrew, Outlandish Youssouf means "God Adds or He (God) Will Add", a baby boy name is predominantly used in Arabic and French
- Ruhina - Girl name Ruhina is specifically used in Hindi and Arabic languages, meaning of Ruhina is "Sweet Fragrance or With a Soul"
- Qaylah is used commonly in Sindhi and Arabic bestowed upon baby girls, Qaylah means "Companion of Prophet Muhammad or Companion"
Famous people named Malika
- Malika Zeghal, Tunisian Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Professor
- Malika Umazheva, former head of the pro-Moscow administration of the Chechen village Alkhan-Kala
- Malika El Aroud, Moroccan activist with ties to al-Qaeda
- Malika Oufkir, Moroccan Berber writer and former "disappeared"
- Malika Pukhraj, highly popular Ghazal and folk singer of Pakistan
- Malika Zitouni, French-Arabic professional Fitness athlete
- Malika Williams in The Success Moment as Actress
- Malika Franklin in Woman to Woman as Director
- Malika Samuel in 2 Pi R as Actress
- Malika Haydon in Agent Vinod as Actress
- Malika Blessing in The Leading Man as Actress
- Malika Kinison in Sex on the Saddle as Actress
- Malika Davis in movie Messenger as Actress
- Malika Edwards portrayed minor character of Rain in 2019 drama film Changing the Rules II: The Movie.
Lists having Malika
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mal
- Girl names that ends with -ika
- Popular Girl Names in France (1976)
- Baby Names that mean Garland
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Industrious
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Owner
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Efficient
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Court
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Daughter