Aisha name meaning
What does Aisha mean?
Preeminent Aisha prevalently is used in Swedish, Telugu, Gujarati, Kannada, English, Finnish, Tamil, African, Swahili, Bengali, Arabic, Danish, Hindi, Sindhi, Norwegian and Marathi, meaning of Aisha is "Living, Prosperous, Lively, Woman, Life, Joy, Wife of Prophet Muhammad, The Element Aisha with the Meaning Alive, Rich or Love" bestowed upon both boys and girls is rooted from Arabic.
How do I pronounce Aisha?
One syllabled Aisha is most commonly pronounced as eye-EE-sha. There should be emphasis on second EE syllable while speaking. The other ways to say the name is a(i)-sha.
Variants of Aisha
A'isha, Aisa, Annalisa, Aouicha, Jakeisha, Jacki, Jakke, Jakki, Aisah, Analisa, Annelise, Anna, Jakisha, Jacke
How popular is the name Aisha?
a popular name in United States with over 21884 new-borns have been given the name since 1950. At its zenith in 1977, the moniker grabbed the 175th spot and 1540 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 11 times Also, Aisha was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 11466 babies have been named Aisha since 1996. At its zenith in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 76th spot and 702 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 9 times
Aisha is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1981 and was able to reach the top 800 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 792 on girl names chart when 64 babies were named Aisha. Over 565 people have been named Aisha in France. Also, in New South Wales, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 79 on girl names chart when 92 babies were given the name Aisha. Over 250 people have been named Aisha in New South Wales. Also, in Victoria, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 93 on girl names chart when 59 babies were given the name Aisha. Over 110 babies in Victoria have been named Aisha.
Aisha is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1984 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 216 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Aisha. There are over 306 babies that have been given the name Aisha in Ireland. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 286 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Aisha. Over 394 people have been named Aisha in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 279 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Aisha. Over 196 people have been named Aisha in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 307 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Aisha. Over 317 people have been named Aisha in Belgium.
Aisha is a rare baby name in Victoria however it is still in use. Over 110 babies in Victoria have been named Aisha. However things change on global perspective, Aisha is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 100 have the name as well as in, Pakistan and Uganda. Also the baby name is popular in Sudan, India, Tanzania, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Yemen, Kenya, Syria, Bangladesh, Iraq, Palestine, Somalia, Malawi, Tunisia, Ghana, Burundi, Oman, Rwanda, Gambia, Russia, DR Congo, England and Ethiopia. As per our findings, over 3260000 babies have been bestowed Aisha around the globe.
Aisha in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Aisha
You are scared of failure and getting hurt by the people you love. People admire your spirit. You are smart but prefer to play dumb to get things. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations. There isn't a person you can't charm. You don't want to live an ordinary life and be remembered as some other folk who lived and died for nothing.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Aisha
- Mariah means Sea of Bitterness, God is My Teacher or Star of the Sea is originated from Hebrew and is aimed at both boys and girls is chiefly used in Arabic and English. In 2018, celebrated name Mariah elevated to 217th position on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Rayhan - Origin of Outlandish Rayhan is in Arabic, meaning of Rayhan is "Fragrance or Preferred of God" and is given to both sexes is especially used in Hindi and Arabic
- Madina - Origin of Unwonted Madina is in Celtic and Arabic, meaning of Madina is "Native of Magdala or Land of Beauty" chiefly used in Marathi, Spanish and Hindi is bestowed upon girls
- Alea - Widespread unisex name Alea means "High, Noble or Exalted" has its roots in Hebrew and Arabic is used in Swedish, English and Finnish
- Aasiya - Atypical Aasiya is used predominantly in Arabic and Tamil, Aasiya means "Goodness" is a baby girl name
Sibling Names for Aisha
"Aisha" is a popular name for baby girls that has its roots in Arabic culture. If you're looking for inspiration for a sibling name to complement Aisha, we've compiled a list of options that not only sound great together but also have significant meanings behind them. Check out our curated list of sibling names for Aisha below!
Names for Aisha's sister
Names for Aisha's brother
Famous people named Aisha
- Aisha Omar Kigoda, Member of Parliament
- Aisha Kahlil, has been a member of the African-American 'a cappella' ensemble Sweet Honey
- Aisha Tyler, She also hosted Ubisoft's E3 press conferences
- Aisha Gerber, world-class Canadian artistic gymnast
- Aisha Duo, Italian jazz duo consisting of Andrea Dulbecco on vibraphone and Luca Gusella on marimba
- Aisha N. Braveboy, American politician
- Aisha Jefferson, American collegiate basketball player
- Aishani Shetty in Vaasthu Prakaara as Actress
- Aisha Jamila Francis in Burlesque as Actress
- Aisha Cerami in La fame e la sete as Actress
- Aisha Sun in Rocco: Animal Trainer 22 as Actress
- Aisha Dan Kano in Dan tijara as Actress
- Aisha bint Abi Bakr A'ishah bint Abu Bakr was one of Muhammad's wives.
- Aisha Alese is notable for her acting in TV series CV Nation
- In 2006 drama movie, Beast, Aisha Summers characterized Tricia Mobely.
- Aisha Prigann, from 1995 horror movie Phoenix, who portrayed Nicole.
Lists having Aisha
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Prosperous
- Baby Names that mean Lively
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Life
- Baby Names that mean Alive
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Muhammad
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Lives
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Love