Angelica name meaning
On This Page
What does Angelica mean?
Angelica's meaning is Daughter of a Great Father, Angel Sent or Scent has origin in Old Greek and Latin aimed at both sexes is used prevalently in Telugu, Marathi, Finnish, Danish, Bengali, Italian, Swedish, Greenlandic, Gujarati, Norwegian, Romanian, Kannada, Hindi, Oriya, English, Malayalam and Tamil.
Angelica is a variant of venerable, famous and biblical Angela. Angela is form of widely accepted and all time favorite Angelica. Also Angela is form of renowned and conifer Angelina. Angela is feminine of Angelus.
Angela's meaning is Messenger of God, Angel and Messenger from God is originated from Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Angelica?
a-ngeli-ca is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Angelica. Some people pronounce it as an-ge-lica.
Variants of Angelica
How popular is the name Angelica?
Angelica was a popular name in United States. Over 90142 babies have been named Angelica since 1892. At the peak of its usage in 1996, 3404 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 97th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 145 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, Angelica is a popular name in Italy given to over 19230 babies in 13 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2006, 2065 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 28th position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 13 times
In Sweden, Angelica was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 404 babies.
When at its peak in 1998,. After 4 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Angelica is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 458 on girl names chart when 98 babies were given the name Angelica. Over 1252 babies in England and Wales have been named Angelica.
Angelica is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1941 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 580 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Angelica.
There are over 1310 babies that have been given the name Angelica in France. Angelica is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 2002, peaked in 2003 when it ranked 439th.
It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart.
However things change on global perspective, Angelica is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Brazil.
Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Bolivia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Mozambique, Romania, Paraguay, Spain, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and El Salvador. At least, 1030000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Angelica in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Angelica?
You approach decisions and complex situations with a clear mind and never allow your emotions to decide for you. Letter A as your cornerstone reveals your creativity, dynamic life, and ambition to achieve great things in life. You have no enemies. You believe in yourself, something we don't see much in people today. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself.
Other names similar to Angelica, for would be parents
- Elvia - Elvia's meaning is The Word Helvius Which is of the Meaning Blond or Noble or Guardian is used as a gender insensitive name which came from Gothic and Germanic is prevalently used in Norwegian and Danish
- Biagio - Primarily used in Italian unusual, Biagio means "Lisping or Bègue" and is used for boys is originated from Latin
- Oktov - Origin of Oktov is in Latin language and is used largely in Scandinavian, meaning of Oktov is "Eighth"
- Gladis - Meaning of Gladis is The Limping is used in English used as a gender-neutral name came from Latin and Old Welsh
- Raisa - The unconventional girl name Raisa means "Flower or Leader" and is mostly used in Hindi and Marathi has origin in Greek and Latin
Middle names for Angelica
Complement Angelica with any of the cutesy and familiar middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Angelica.
Sibling Names for Angelica
Choosing a perfect name for your little one is a daunting task, especially when you have numerous options to choose from. If you've already picked "Angelica" as your princess's name, we've curated a list of sibling names that perfectly complement and bring out the best in Angelica! Read on to find the best name for your baby's sibling.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Angelica
- Angelica Catalani, Italian opera singer, the daughter of a tradesman
- Angelica Domröse, German actress
- Angelica Veronica Airola, Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Angelica, former Latin pop singer
- Angelica Kauffman, Swiss Neoclassical painter
- Angelica Singleton Van Buren, daughter-in-law of the eighth United States President Martin Van Buren
- Angelica Bridges, American actress, model, singer and dog-sitter
- Angelica, were an all-girl punk rock band from Lancaster
- Angelica Garnett, British writer, painter and artist
- Angelica Lee, Malaysian Chinese film actress and pop singer
- Angelica Balabanoff, Russian-Jewish-Italian communist and social democratic activist
- Angelica Agurbash, Belarusian singer and former model best known internationally for representing Belarus at the Eurovision Song Contest 2005
- Angelica Page, American actress, director
- Angelica Rozeanu, Romanian/IsraelI table tennis player of Jewish origin
- Angelica Panganiban, Filipino film and television actress and comedian
- Angelica Le Gru Perotti, Italian woman painter of the Rococo
- Angelica Schuyler Church, American socialite
- In 1999 comedy flick, Autunno, Angelica Di Majo portrayed Angelica.
- Angelica Brosnan, from 2015 flick There is a Santa Claus, who characterized Angelica.
- In 2001, Angelica Frost characterized the role of Alexandra Tanner in thriller movie Byline.
- In 2008, Angelica Blandon played the role of Reina in drama movie Paraiso Travel.
- Angelica May portrayed the central character of Sarah in 2008 horror flick Alive or Dead.
- In 2003 comedy, romance film, Mr. Suave: Hoy! Hoy! Hoy! Hoy! Hoy! Hoy!, Angelica Jones characterized Venus.
- Angelica Peniche portrayed the main character of N in 2001 action movie Malditos violadores.
- In 1997 action film, Amor en tiempos de coca, Angelica Guerrero portrayed Nana.
- Angelica Rivera characterized important character of Jennifer Mercado in 2008 comedy and crime flick Jay.
Lists having Angelica
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Angel
- Girl names that ends with -ica
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2001)
- Baby Names that mean Daughter
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Angel
- Baby Names that mean Scent
- Baby Names that mean Messenger