Finley name meaning
On This Page
What does Finley mean?
Outstanding and Ceaseless Finley came from Old Irish is used in Irish and English, meaning of Finley is "Sunbeam, Fair-haired Courageous One, White Champion, White or Fair-Haired Hero" is used as a gender-neutral name.
Is Finley a pleasant name for a baby?
Finley is a unique and charming baby name that has been growing in popularity in recent years. It is an Irish name that means fair-haired courageous one, which is fitting for any little boy.
The name has a certain sense of strength and bravery to it, while also being soft and gentle at the same time. What makes Finley stand out from other names is its combination of traditional roots with modern appeal.
It's perfect for parents who want something classic yet still trendy for their newborn son. Overall, Finley is an excellent choice for those seeking a baby name that exudes both strength and charm.
How do I pronounce Finley?
Two syllabled Finley is pronounced as fin-lee.
Variants of Finley
Nicknames for Finley
Popular nicknames for the child named Finley include:Names that rhyme with Finley
How popular is the name Finley?
Finley is a popular in United States where over 25527 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 159th spot and 1859 baby girls were given the name.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 16 times Also, Finley was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 30109 babies have been given the moniker in 44 years.
When at its peak in 2018, 2248 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 44 years but still dominating the charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times
Finley is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 425 on boy names chart when 37 babies were named Finley. Over 136 people have been named Finley in Netherlands. Finley is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2005 and peaked in 2019 when it ranked 244th.
Over 135 babies in Ireland have been named Finley. It also recently appeared in France baby boy names chart. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 631 in 2013.
Finley is a common name in China while somewhat familiar name in Kenya and Malawi. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Finley as their given name according to our research.
Finley in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Finley
Over-thinking kills. This is your motto. Your days of pretending to be Mother Theresa are over. Now it's time you take care of that hole inside your heart. You lack adventure. Expression number 8 reveals your predispositions for great success in every field in life. You are pretty, smart and charismatic, you still doubt yourself. You are dominant and leadership comes out naturally for you. You are an easy-going person who gets along with everyone.
Do you like Finley? Other names you would love
- Jeannine - Used in French, Norwegian and Swedish preeminent, Jeannine means "God is Gracious, God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious" and is used for both genders came from Hebrew. Famous name Jeannine bagged 480th position among baby girl names in 1973 in United States
- Hershel - Predominant and All time favorite Yiddish Hershel is used as a unisex name which is mainly used in Marathi and Yiddish, meaning of Hershel is "Deer"
- Ardith - Ardith's meaning is Blooming Meadow, Combination of Ara or Judith or Good War is used largely in English and a unisex name is originated from Hebrew
- Taryn - Prevailing unisex name Taryn is primarily used in English and Hindi, meaning of Taryn is "Land of Owen or Combination of Tara or Erin" is originated from English and Old French
- Salvador - Well-Liked and Ever lasting unisex name Salvador means "Savior, The Saviour or Redeemer" and of Latin origin is predominantly used in Spanish and Hindi
Sibling Names for Finley
If you're leaning towards naming your new bundle of joy "Finley," you may be searching for a sibling name that pairs well. Here are some names to consider, each with their own unique style and charm, to help you find the perfect match for your growing family.
Names for Finley's sister
Brother for Finley
Famous people named Finley
- Finley Hamilton, United States Representative from Kentucky
- Finley Peter Dunne, American humorist and writer from Chicago
- Finley Quaye, Scottish musician
- Finley, Italian rock band formed in Legnano in 2002
Lists having Finley
- Boys names beginning with F
- Girls names beginning with F
- American Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean haired
- Baby Names that mean Courageous
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Champion
- Baby Names that mean Blond
- Baby Names that mean Hero