Geneva meaning and origin
Widespread and Conifer Geneva has its origin in German, Germanic, Latin and Old French, Geneva means "Jennifer, Race and Woman, People or River Mouth" used specifically in English is a gender-neutral name . Geneva is derivative of Geneviève. Geneviève is form of Genoveva in French language. Also Geneviève is French cognate of Genovefa. Originated from German and Germanic, Famous and Perennial Geneviève, Geneviève means "Jennifer, People and Race and Woman". The name is celebrated on January 3.
Variants of Geneva
View middle names that goes with Geneva like Olivia, Deana, Madeline, Yvonne, Nannie, Janna,Names that rhyme with Geneva
Popularity of Geneva
Geneva was a popular name in United States. Over 88062 babies have been named Geneva since 1880. When at its peak in 1920, it ranked 106th when 2582 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 174 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 82 times Geneva is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1434 (1996) in its 16 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
Geneva is a common name in Philippines and Uganda while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Bahamas, Jamaica, South Africa, Panama, Brazil, Zimbabwe, DR Congo, Liberia, Iraq and England. At least, 80000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Geneva in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Geneva?
When it comes to love you are incapable of expressing emotions. Start cleaning your karma and you will notice a tremendous change in your life. You are a dreamer but not like the ones you know who don't do anything but daydream. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. You believe in yourself, something we don't see much in people today. Mistakes are the only way to become better at something.
Other names similar to Geneva, for name hunters
- Ginia - Curious girl name Ginia is primarily used in English, Spanish and Swedish, Ginia means "Pure and Maiden" is originated from Latin. Ginia is a short form of Virginia.
- Grazian - Meaning of Grazian is Graceful or Gratus used for baby boys which of Latin origin is especially used in German
- Cecilija - Used mainly in Swedish and Danish, Cecilija is originated from Latin and is aimed at baby girls, Cecilija means "The Way for the Blind and Sixth". Cecilija is derivative of Cecilia.
- Sylvain - Queer boy name Sylvain means "Forest or Wood" and is rooted from Latin, English and French is notably used in French
- Pontien means Bridge is rooted from Latin
Namesakes of Geneva
- Geneva College, Christian liberal arts college in Beaver Falls
- Geneva, British alternative rock band from Aberdeen
- Geneva Locke, Canadian actress
- Geneva Cruz, award-winning Filipina singer and actress
- Geneva Somers in 52 Pickup as Actress
- Geneva S. Thomas in Blood Sweat and Heels as
- Geneva Carr in Love & Other Drugs as Actress
- Geneva E. Avery is known for her acting in movie Freedom