Emilie meaning and origin
Used primarily in English, Greenlandic, Danish, Finnish, French, Swedish, Czech, German, Scandinavian and Norwegian persistent and admired, Emilie aimed at both genders and originated from Latin, Emilie means "Imitating or Rivaling". Emilie is variant of long standing and famous Emilia. Emilia is a feminine variant of Emilius. Emilia is equivalent of Emilie in Spanish and Italian languages. Outstanding and Ever lasting Emilia came from Latin language, meaning of Emilia is "Imitating and The Word Aemulus Which is of the Meaning Imitating Rivaling". Emilie is equivalent of Émilie in Nordic language. Emilie is celebrated on September 19th.
Variants of Emilie
Emmelie, Emilia, Amilia, Mia, Emma, Emiliana, Milly, Camillus, Melissa, Milla, Émilie, Amiliah, Amalia, Amelia, Miaa, Mie, Mian, Shamia, Miagrace, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mina, Mary, Michaela, Emaline, Emi, Emmaclaire, Erma, Emerentia, Emiliane, Camill, Lissi, Melina, Milicent, Melissamarie, Melitta, Milda, Mila, Camilla
View middle names that goes with Emilie like Ora, Juna, Kadence, Rosalie, Darlene, Fiona,Names that rhyme with Emilie
Popularity of Emilie
a popular name in United States with over 25304 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 227th spot and 660 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 41 times Also, Emilie was an extremely popular name in France. Over 192410 babies have been named Emilie since 1900. When at the peak of its usage in 1980, 11589 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. However after 121 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Emilie was a popular name in Denmark. Over 11233 babies have been named Emilie since 1993. At the peak of its usage in 1997, 686 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 8th position. However after 27 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 4 times
Emilie was a common name in England and Wales. Over 3279 babies have been named Emilie since 1996. At its zenith in 2013,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In Switzerland, Emilie was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 2106 babies. When at its peak in 2001,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Emilie used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 5703 babies have been given the name in 24 years. At its zenith in 1999,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Emilie is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 291 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Emilie. Over 187 people have been named Emilie in Netherlands. Emilie is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 32 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 267 people have been named Emilie in Ireland.
But Emilie is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Germany, Czech Republic, Canada, Cameroon and Philippines. At least, 400000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Emilie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Emilie
As a lover, you are passionate. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. You don't have to struggle to get the things you want because you are born under a lucky star. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence.
Do you like Emilie? You would love these names
- Rula - Odd girl name Rula is of Latin origin, meaning of Rula is "Ruler or Commander or Leader" is used substantially in Arabic
- Elvan - Meaning of Elvan is Colorful is chiefly used in Turkish and Swedish which originated from Latin and Turkish is used for both sexes
- Titus means New Testament Character or Tizia is of Latin origin and is specifically used in German and Swedish is used as a unisex name
- Laureleen - Of Latin origin, Laureleen means "Laurel"
- Nilus is used specifically in Danish is rooted from Latin used for baby boys, Nilus means "River"
Namesakes of Emilie
- Emilie Flygare-Carlén, Swedish novelist
- Emilie O'Konor, ice hockey player from Sweden
- Emilie Loring, American romance novelist of the 20th century
- Emilie Luzac, Dutch woman remembered for her letter writing
- Emilie Snethlage, German-born Brazilian naturalist and ornithologist
- Emilie de Ravin, Australian-American actress
- Emilie Schindler, Sudeten German-born woman who, with her husband Oskar Schindler
- Emilie Schenkl, wife }} of Subhas Chandra Bose—a major leader of Indian nationalism—and the mother of his daughter
- Emilie Högquist, Swedish stage actress
- Emilie Autumn, American singer-songwriter, poet, violinist
- Emilie Brown, American voice actress, producer, and director
- Emilie Demers Boutin, Canadian pair skater
- Emilie Richards, American author of over 50 contemporary romance and mystery novels
- Emilie Nussear, American former competitive ice dancer
- Emilie Besse in Beur sur la ville as Actress
- Emilie Payet in Frank & Lola as Actress
- Emilie Hantz in AdulterEve.com as Actress
- Emilie Jessula in Madeline as Actress
- Emilie 'Voe' Nereng in Bloggerne as
- Emilie Delaunay in Le dernier été as Actress
- Emilie K. Beck in Blikkfang as Director
- Emilie Gauthier in The Aviator as Make-Up Department
- Emilie Fahlstedt Lindquist in Doften as Actress
- Emilie Moberg is a Norwegian professional cyclist.
- Emilie Altmayer acted in movie Les soeurs Hamlet
- Emilie Benoît, from 1981 drama flick Le sang du flamboyant, who characterized Elia.
- Emilie Gunér, from 1984 film Äntligen!, who portrayed Anna.
- In 2000, Emilie Hebrard characterized the role of Régina Duff in drama film La candide madame Duff.
- Emilie Kurz characterized the crucial character of Tante des Bräutigams [Bridegroom's Aunt] in 1924 drama movie Der letzte Mann.
- Emilie Polini portrayed leading role of The Wife in 1915 drama flick The Little Church Around the Corner.
- Emilie Sannom played leading role of Scura in 1913 drama, war movie Krigskorrespondenter.
- Emilie Talbot characterized central character of Sylvia Brindisi in 1994 horror film Ceremony.
- In 1989 comedy, drama film, Les maris, les femmes, les amants, Emilie Thomas played Émilie.
- In 2008 drama movie, Make-up, Emilie De Roo played Yvana.
- In drama flick, Can't Be Undone, Emilie Germain characterized Jacqueline.
Lists having Emilie
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lie
- Popular Girl Names in France (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Imitating
- Baby Names that mean Rivaling