Leda name meaning
On This Page
What does Leda mean?
Prominent and Ceaseless Leda is originated from Hebrew, Latin, Old Greek, African-Swahili, English and German is used substantially in English, German and Greek, Leda means "He Who Wins" is given to baby girls.
Leda is variant of celebrated Laetitia. Laetitia means Happiness, Allesse and Joy, Happiness came from Latin. Leda is version of persistent and predominant Alida. Alida is short version of Germanic names with "Adal".
Also Alida is short version of "noble". Alida is Italian equivalent of Adele. Also Alida is Dutch and East cognate of Adelheid. Alida means Noble, The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl and Of a Noble Kind has origin in Germanic, Latin and Old High German.
Leda is version of Ledah. Ledah is a form of commonly accepted and evergreen Leda. Also Ledah is version of desirable and ceaseless Leta. Leda is variant form of immutable and noteworthy Leta.
Leta is a shortened form of Aleta. Leda is resulted from Lucretia. Lucretia is variation of or Lucretia Lucretia. Lucretia is effeminate form of Lucretius. It is celebrated on March 15.
Is the name Leda suitable for a newborn?
Leda is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. It has Greek origins and means "Woman; Happy". One of the special things about this name is its simplicity, yet it still manages to have a strong presence.
It has a sweet and charming sound that makes it perfect for parents who are looking for a name that is easy to pronounce and spell. The name Leda also has an exotic feel to it which sets it apart from other common names.
With its cultural background, Leda can be the perfect nod to ancient Greece while still being modern and trendy. Overall, Leda is a lovely choice for parents who want their baby girl's name to be meaningful yet unique.
How do I pronounce Leda?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Leda as lee-dah. It can also be pronounced as l(e)-da.
Variants of LedaNames that rhyme with Leda
How popular is the name Leda?
Leda is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1904, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 511 on girl names chart when 61 babies were named Leda.
There are over 3334 babies that have been given the name Leda in United States. Leda is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. It had a short run of 10 years on France girl names chart.
But Leda is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Italy and Angola. As per our evaluation, over 130000 babies have been bestowed Leda around the globe.
Leda in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Leda
You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. You like to go back to your past and fix your mistakes in your head. You are the problem solver in your surroundings. Change your perspective. You have no problem standing up for what's right, no matter if it concerns you, someone you know or someone you've just met. You can't be around superficial minds that only care about gossip and getting through the day.
Other names similar to Leda, for would be parents
- Kelika - Originated from Latin, Kelika bestowed upon both boys and girls used in Sanskrit and Hindi, Kelika means "Fame or Sportive"
- Segunda - Originated from Latin, Segunda is a baby girl name, dominantly used in Spanish, Segunda means "Secundus or The Word Secundus with the Meaning Second-Born"
- Dauphine - Rare girl name Dauphine came from Latin, meaning of Dauphine is "Dolphin"
- Glorianna - Unwonted Glorianna came from Latin, meaning of Glorianna is "Glory or Glorious Grace" and is used specifically in English is a girl name
- Marisol - Used mostly in Swedish, Finnish and Spanish darling, Marisol aimed at both sexes, Marisol means "Sun or Sol" has its origin in Old Norse and Spanish
Famous people named Leda
- Leda Cosmides, American psychologist, who
- Leda Baker in Beware of Mr. Baker as
- Leda Lum in Love Is No News as Actress
- Leda Gloria was a theatrical and cinematographic actress of Italian nationality, during whose race she acted in more than seventy films released between 1929 and 1965.
- Leda Borba is noted for her acting in TV series O Outro
- In 1921 drama movie, I figli di nessuno, Leda Gys portrayed Luisa and Suor Dolore.
- In 1991, Leda Lojodice portrayed the role of Irene Marrone in comedy movie Condominio.
- In 1980, Leda Taseva characterized the role of Venera in drama film Prozoretzat.
- Leda Arruda, from 1976 comedy flick O Pai do Povo, who characterized N.
Lists having Leda
- Girl names beginning with L
- African Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eda