Mateo name meaning
On This Page
What does Mateo mean?
Cherished Mateo's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Mateo is "God's Gift" and is principally used in Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish and Danish is used for both boys and girls.. Also Mateo is Spanish cognate of Matteo.
Is Mateo a pleasant name for a baby?
Mateo is a wonderful and unique name for a baby boy that originates from Hebrew, meaning "gift of God." This name has been growing in popularity among parents who are looking for something special and meaningful to name their son.
One of the special things about Mateo is its exotic sound, which sets it apart from more common names. It also has a strong and masculine feel that gives it an air of confidence and authority.
Another thing that sets Mateo apart is its versatility, as it can be easily paired with various middle names or surnames to create unique combinations. Overall, Mateo is a beautiful choice for parents who want to give their son a meaningful and memorable name that will stay with him throughout his life.
How do I pronounce Mateo?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Mateo as mah-tay-oh. The other ways to say the name is m(a)-teo.
Variants of Mateo
Nicknames for Mateo
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Mateo, There are plenty of choices
How popular is the name Mateo?
Mateo is a very popular in United States where over 55233 new-borns have been given the name since 1904. Recently peaked at the charts, 8169 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 37th position.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times Also, Mateo is a popular name in Spain given to over 23922 babies in 16 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 3160 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Mateo is common in England and Wales where over 995 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Recently peaked at the charts, 152 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 311st position. Also, Mateo used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 2005 and over 1867 babies have been given the name in 11 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 11 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Switzerland having over 1275 recievers in 21 years of usage.
When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 45th spot and 143 baby boys were given the name.
Mateo is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2019, 90 babies were given Mateo and it reached its peak ranking, 200 on boy names chart. Over 221 people have been named Mateo in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 161 on boy names chart when 76 babies were given the name Mateo. Over 994 people have been named Mateo in Belgium.
In Ireland, Mateo is a unique name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 191 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Mateo.
Over 120 people have been named Mateo in Ireland. But Mateo is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Guatemala, Philippines and Peru.
According to our estimate, at least 180000 people have been bestowed Mateo around the globe.
Mateo in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Mateo?
It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You are a humanitarian with a higher purpose in life. And that is to help others. If letter M is your cornerstone, you probably bury yourself in work every day. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. Give yourself some personal space to think. You are stubborn and self-motivated.
If you like Mateo, you would love these names
- Rufus - Meaning of Rufus is Ruddy Red-Haired, The Redheaded or Red Haired is used as a unisex name and is mostly used in Danish, Swedish and English has origin in Latin. On baby boy chart, outstanding Rufus ranked 492 in year 1967 in United States
- Phillip - Used dominantly in Norwegian and Danish eternal and famed, Phillip means "Friend of Horses, Horse Lover or One of the Biblical 12 Apostles" and came from Old Greek is used for both sexes
- Natasha - Well-Liked Natasha is originated from Latin, Natasha means "Child Born at Christmas, A Flower or Born on Christmas" is a gender insensitive name is used mainly in Oriya, Arabic and Danish
- Lillian - Meaning of Lillian is Symbol of Innocence, Lily or Lily Flower used for both boys and girls which is used in Norwegian and Kannada is originated from Latin, Hebrew and Old English
- Alexandria - Meaning of Alexandria is He Who Wards Off (Other) Men or Form of Alexander is used as a gender insensitive name which is rooted from Old Greek is specifically used in Swedish and Danish
Middle names for Mateo
There are plenty of familiar and current middle names that fit after "Mateo". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Mateo.
Famous people named Mateo
- Mateo Alemán, Spanish novelist and writer
- Mateo Romero, Belgian-born Spanish composer of Baroque music and master of the royal chapel
- Mateo Albéniz, Spanish composer, theorist, and priest
- Mateo Aimerich, philologist born in Bordils, Province of Girona
- Mateo Cañellas, retired Spanish middle distance runner
- Mateo de la Mata Ponce de León, Spanish colonial official in Peru
- Mateo Flecha, spanish composer born in Kingdom of Aragon
- Mateo Noriel Luga, Ibanag revolutionary
- Mateo Tannatt, American artist based in Los Angeles, California
- Mateo Gil, Spanish film director, screenwriter, second unit director
- Mateo Pumacahua, Peruvian revolutionary
- Mateo Corbo, Uruguayan former footballer
- Mateo Romero, Native American painter
- Mateo de Toro Zambrano, 1st Count of La Conquista, in many Chilean history publications
- Mateo Túnez, motorcycle road racer
- Mateo Flores, Guatemalan long-distance runner
- Mateo Garralda, former Spanish handballer and the current head coach of Știința Municipal Dedeman Bacău and the Chilean national team
- Mateo Camargo, Colombian-born American record producer
- Mateo Morrison, Dominican writer, lawyer, poet and essayist
- Mateo Musacchio, Argentine footballer
- Mateo Gómez in Che: Part One as Actor
- Mateo Simon in Night Light as Actor
- Mateo Londono in Miss Nobody as Cinematographer
- Mateo Rufino in 404 as Actor
- Mateo Alonso is the composer of movie Insomnio
Lists having Mateo
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Mat
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean God