Theo name meaning
On This Page
What does Theo mean?
Renowned and Perpetual Theo is originated from Germanic and Old Greek bestowed upon both sexes, Theo means "Gift of God" is commonly used in Scandinavian, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, English, Dutch, Swedish and German..
Theo is equivalent of Theobald in English language. Also Theo is equivalent of Theodor in German and Scandinavian languages. Also Theo is equivalent of Theodore in German and Scandinavian languages. Also Theo is equivalent of Theophil in German and Scandinavian languages.
Also Theo is German equivalent of Theo.
How is Theo regarded as a baby name?
The name Theo is a popular and unique baby name with Greek origin which means "God's gift". It is often associated with individuals who are bold and brave, exhibiting great courage in all aspects of their lives.
Theo is an attractive choice for parents seeking a timeless yet modern name for their baby boy. It has been steadily gaining popularity in recent years, ranking as one of the top 200 names in the US.
With its strong and meaningful origins, Theo embodies qualities of strength, resilience, and faith that make it an exceptional choice for any child.
How do I pronounce Theo?
the()-theo is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Theo. The name can also be pronounced as thee-oh.
Variants of Theo
Nicknames for Theo
Since name Theo is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:
How popular is the name Theo?
a popular name in United States with over 16205 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 243rd spot and 1541 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 12 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales having over 25069 recievers in 23 years of usage.
At present peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 19th spot and 2741 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, Theo was a popular name in France.
Over 5106 babies have been named Theo since 2000. At the peak of its usage in 2010, it ranked 55th when 1433 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 16 years.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 2 times Also, Theo was a popular name in Sweden. Over 2861 babies have been given the first name in 8 years.
When at its peak in 2012, it ranked 19th when 570 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times
A common name in Ireland with over 653 new-borns have been given the name since 2006.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 48th spot and 142 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 943 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
Recently at its peak, 105 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 79th position. Also, Theo is common in Denmark where over 1028 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
Recently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 23rd spot and 280 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
Theo is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 76 babies were given Theo and it reached its peak ranking, 156 on boy names chart. Over 721 people have been named Theo in Belgium. Also, in New South Wales, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 94 babies were given Theo and it reached its peak ranking, 100 on boy names chart.
Theo is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 460 on boy names chart when 33 babies were named Theo. The name is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today and also in New South Wales.
But Theo is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, DR Congo, South Africa, Rwanda and Ghana. At least, 210000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numerology tells about Theo?
You possess great communication skills. Love is most important in your life. You have the capability to guide others and people will get awestruck by witnessing your efforts. Be proud of everything you've been through. Stay true to yourself and your friends. You are not much into hanging around and wasting time with people. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You are seen as a dominant force at your workplace, while your friends see you as their shoulder to cry.
If you like Theo, you would love these names
- Tobit - Baby boy name Tobit has origin in Greek, meaning of Tobit is "God is Good"
- Eugenio - The prevalent and evergreen boy name Eugenio is used in Spanish, English and Italian, rooted from Old Greek, Eugenio means "Well Born, Well-Born or Noble"
- Jordi - Jordi's meaning is Earthworker or Bauer has origin in Old Greek and Hebrew, a gender insensitive name is particulary used in French, Catalan and English
- Chrysander - Far-out and Modern boy name Chrysander is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Chrysander is "Golden"
- Zephyra - Prevalently used in Greek recent and unexpected choice, Zephyra is rooted from Old Greek, meaning of Zephyra is "West Wind" is used as a girl name. Zephyra is resultant of Seferina.
Middle names for Theo
These are the short and familiar middle names that we love for the name Theo.
View more middle names that goes with Theo.
Famous people named Theo
- Theo Wade Brown, English carpenter, designer and engineer
- Theo Peoples, African-American R&B/soul singer
- Theo Loevendie, Dutch composer and clarinet player
- Theo Kelly, was manager of Everton Football Club
- Theo van Leeuwen, Dutch linguist and one of the main developers of the sub-field of social semiotics
- Theo Adam, German operatic Bass singer
- Theo Bruins, Dutch pianist and composer
- Theo Lengyel, musician best known as the former alto-saxophonist for the influential experimental-rock band Mr
- Theo Koning, Western Australian painter, sculptor
- Theo Vennemann, German historical linguist
- Theo Constanté, master Latin American painter part of the Abstract Informalist Movement
- Theo Aronson, royal biographer with an easy manner which enabled him to meet and earn the trust of his subjects
- Theo Foley, Irish former footballer and football manager/coach
- Theo Budde, watchmaker, jeweler and antique dealer
- Theo Dubois, theglobeandmail
- Theo Fabergé, grandson of Peter Carl Fabergé
- Theo Avgerinos, feature film director
- Theo Willems, archer from the Netherlands
- Theo van Boven, Dutch jurist and professor emeritus
- Theo van Scheltinga, Dutch chess player
- Theo Stewart, Australian cricketer
- Theo Marzials, British composer, singer and poet
- Theo Kitt, West German bobsledder
- Theo Holm, Danish-American systematic botanist
- Theo Colborn, was Founder and President Emerita of The Endocrine Disruption Exchange
- Theo Angelopoulos, Greek filmmaker, screenwriter and film producer
- Theo van Doesburg, Dutch artist, who practiced painting, writing
- Theo Epstein, American baseball executive currently serving as the President of Baseball Operations for the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball
- Theo de Raadt, software engineer who lives in Calgary, Alberta
- Theo Albrecht, German entrepreneur,
- Theo van Gogh, Dutch film director, film producer, television director, television producer, television presenter
- Theo van Gogh, Dutch art dealer
- Theo Fitzau, racing driver from East Germany
- Theo Helfrich, racing driver from Germany
- Theo Jansen, Dutch artist
- Theo Bos, Dutch road cyclist and track cyclist
- Theo Waigel, German politician of the Christian Social Union
- Theo Middelkamp, Dutch cyclist
- Theo Ratliff, American retired professional basketball player
- Theo Walcott, English professional footballer
- Theo Snelders, Dutch former footballer who played as a goalkeeper
- Theo Maassen, Dutch comedian and actor
- Theo Alice Ruggles Kitson, Tho
- Theo Paphitis, English-Cypriot retail magnate and entrepreneur
- Theo Lucius, Dutch former footballer
- Theo Zagar, Canadian former goalkeeper,
- Theo Doyer, field hockey player from the Netherlands
- Theo Robinson, Jamaica international footballer
- Theo Bell, Theopolis Bell, Jr
- Theo Anast, French international rugby league footballer
- Theo Heemskerk, Dutch Anti-Revolutionary politician
Lists having Theo
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2011)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God