Mammie name meaning
What does Mammie mean?
Venerable and Trendy Mammie is originated from Old Greek and Hebrew is a girl name. Mammie is variant transcription of Mamie. Mamie is form of widely accepted, durable and biblical Mary. Also Mamie is a variant of perennial, saintly and popular Margaret. Mamie is short version of Margaret. Also Mamie is short form of Mary. Mamie means Margaret and Miriam and Bitter is originated from Hebrew and Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Mammie?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Mammie as m(am)-mie.
Variants of Mammie
Mamie, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Margaret, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Marriam, Miriam, Mamre, Marianne, Mireio, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Grieta, Margaux, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Marguerite, Margareta
How popular is the name Mammie?
Mammie is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 1986, during its 89 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 539 on girl names chart when 66 babies were named Mammie. Over 2522 babies in United States have been named Mammie. The moniker is a common name in Liberia while somewhat familiar name in South Africa and DR Congo. According to our research, at least 3000 people have been bestowed Mammie around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Mammie
Injustice pisses you off. Travelling is your passion. You never establish clumsy connections. You often bring your work at home because you are a workaholic. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. Escaping or ignoring your problems won't make them go away. You are an attractive person and everyone sees it. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff.
You would love these names similar to Mammie
- Gore has its origin in Greek and Old English languages is a baby boy name specifically used in English, Gore means "Triangular Shaped Piece of Land or Three-Sided Field"
- Lyris - The curious and modern girl name Lyris means "Lyre" used mainly in Greek and English has its origin in Old Greek language
- Mette - Well-Known girl name Mette is specifically used in Old Norse, Low German and German which is rooted from Old High German and Germanic, meaning of Mette is "Strength, Might or 'Struggle' Namesake"
- Cherise - Prevalent girl name Cherise is used particulary in French and English which of French, Old Greek and English origin, meaning of Cherise is "Cherry"
- Nicia - Outlandish Nicia came from Old Greek, meaning of Nicia is "Victor of the People, Niko Which Means Victor and Victory of the People" used as a baby girl name is notably used in Italian. Nicia is resultant of Nicola.
Middle names for Mammie
Some great options for rising and familiar middle names to go with Mammie.
View more middle names that goes with Mammie.
Famous people named Mammie
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Mammie
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -mie
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Rebellious
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Beloved