Celine name meaning
On This Page
What does Celine mean?
The famous and venerable girl name Celine is of Latin and Old Greek origin, Celine means "Heavenly, Goddess of the Moon, Of Sky, Divine, Similar to Celia or Selena, A French Pirate Name is Celine Le Beak or Heaven" is used substantially in English, Swedish, German, Italian, French, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian languages.
Celine is form of persistent and prominent Celina. Celina is variation of imperishable and cherished Celeste. Also Celina is a variant form of fresh Caelia. Celina is also variant form of Asselina.
Celina is also form of customary and ceaseless Marcelina. Celina is also variant form of all time favorite Celestina. Celina is abridged form of Marcellina. Celina is Italian and German form of the Céline.
Meaning of Celina is To Hide, Conceal, Heaven and Moon is originated from Latin and Old Greek. Celine is variant of biblical Marcellina. Marcellina is variant of popular and long standing Marcella.
Marcellina is effeminate form of Marcellus. Marcellina means God of War Mars Ordained, The Word Marcus with the Meaning Dedicated to Mars and Little Hammer has origin in Latin. Celine is a variant form of acclaimed and perennial Selina.
Selina is variant form of everlasting and preeminent Celina. Selina is English form of Celina. Meaning of Selina is Goddess of the Moon, Shine and Heaven has origin in Old Greek and Latin.
Celine is short form of Marcelline. Marcelline is a variation of perennial and admired Marcella. Also Marcelline is variant form of biblical Marcellina. Meaning of Marcelline is Little Hammer is of Latin origin.
How do I pronounce Celine?
The three syllabled name Celine is commonly pronounced as sel-EEN. It can also be pronounced as ce-li-ne.
Variants of Celine
Middle Names for Celine
Lilah, Kathrine, Glie, view more middle names that goes with CelineNames that rhyme with Celine
How popular is the name Celine?
a popular name in United States having over 11611 recievers in 114 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 456th when 613 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 1 times A common name in England and Wales with over 1009 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Recently the name is rising, in 1996, 113 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 313rd position. Also, Celine was a common name in Switzerland. Over 2041 babies have been named Celine since 1998.
When at its peak in 1998,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Celine used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 2014 and over 1174 babies have been given the name in 5 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years but it is still going strong. Also, In Belgium, Celine was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 994 babies.
When at its peak in 1998,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years.
Celine is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1965, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 117 on girl names chart when 61 babies were given the name Celine. There are over 1310 babies that have been given the name Celine in Ireland.
Also, in France, the name has been in use since 1980 and has secured the place in top 900 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 855 on girl names chart when 60 babies were named Celine.
Over 291 people have been named Celine in France.
Celine is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 294 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Celine. Over 179 babies in Netherlands have been named Celine. But Celine is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in, Cameroon, Burundi, Benin, Chad, Canada, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Nigeria, India and Madagascar.
As per our research, over 530000 babies have been bestowed Celine around the globe.
Celine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Celine
You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life? You want a stable, deep connection with people. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You are the most sensitive person is what number 11 reveals about your personality. It's hard for you to connect with new people and let them inside your world but you are not a closed person. The only person you need to prove yourself is the person you see in the mirror every day.
Do you like Celine? You would love these names
- Marisol - The prevailing unisex name Marisol is used majorly in Spanish and Finnish, Marisol means "Maria, Sol or Sun" is of Spanish, Old Norse and Latin origin
- Biagio - Dominantly used in Italian unheard-of, Biagio is rooted from Latin, meaning of Biagio is "Lisping or Bègue" is aimed at boys
- Veridiana - Queer unisex name Veridiana means "The Element Viridis Which Means Green or Veridis" has its roots in Latin is used in Italian
- Valérie means The Healthy, To Be Brave or The Strong is dominantly used in French has its roots in Latin is used for baby girls
- Jinx means Magic Charm is particulary used in English. It is rooted from Latin is used as a unisex name
Sibling Names for Celine
Choosing a name for your baby can be overwhelming, especially when you want it to be unique and meaningful. If you've already settled on the gorgeous name Celine, why not consider naming her siblings with monikers that beautifully complement hers? Here are some sibling names for baby Celine that could inspire your decision-making process.
For a sister
Names for Celine's brother
Famous people named Celine
- Celine Lomez, Canadian actress and singer
- Celine Borzecka, Roman Catholic professed religious and the co-foundress - along with her daughter Venerable Jadwiga Borzęcka - of the Sisters of the Resurrection
- Celine Dion, Canadian singer
- In 2015, Celine Verbeeck played the role of Sophie Grégoire in mystery, thriller movie Vanitas.
- In 2003, Celine Aguirre portrayed the role of Magda in comedy, romance flick El destino no tiene favoritos.
Lists having Celine
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (1998)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Heavenly
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Heaven