Teddy name meaning
On This Page
What does Teddy mean?
Persistent and Outstanding Teddy majorly is used in English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish is a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from Old Greek, Old English, German and Gothic, meaning of Teddy is "Divine Gift, Form of Theodore, Courageous People, Wealthy Protector, God's Gift, Wealth and Keep or Guardian of Property".
Teddy is a variant form of Theodoric. Origin of Frequently Used and Evergreen Theodoric is in Gothic is used specifically in English, meaning of Theodoric is "People's Ruler, Reiks and Thiuda"..
Teddy is English cognate of Ted. Teddy is celebrated on January 5th.
Does Teddy sound like a good baby name?
Teddy is a charming and adorable name for a baby boy that evokes images of cuddly teddy bears. The name has gained popularity in recent years due to its cute and playful sound.
It also has a certain timeless quality that makes it suitable for boys of any age. Parents who choose Teddy as their son's name are often drawn to its meaning, which signifies qualities such as bravery, protection, and divine blessings.
Additionally, the French origin of the name adds an extra touch of elegance and sophistication to it. Overall, Teddy is a great choice for parents who want to give their baby boy an endearing yet meaningful name that will stand the test of time.
How do I pronounce Teddy?
The two syllabled name Teddy is pronounced, tehd-ee. t(ed)-dy is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Teddy
Theodoros, Theodorus, Theodoric, Dedric, Ricky, Rick, Ted, Eadweard, Edward, Theodore, Theodor, Tord, Daedric, Dedrick, Rickyy, Richart, Richeard, Rieke, Aric, Derek, Roderick, Ulrich, Tyrick, Duardo, Edi, Edwardjames, Fedir, FeodorNames that rhyme with Teddy
How popular is the name Teddy?
Teddy is a popular name in United States given to over 33666 babies in 219 years. At present the name is rising, in 1933, it ranked 239th when 614 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 65 times Also, Teddy is a popular in England and Wales where over 10426 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Presently peaking at the charts, 1663 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 39th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Teddy was a popular name in France.
Over 23473 babies have been named Teddy since 1921. When at the peak of its usage in 1988, 1024 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 84th position.
However after 83 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 9 times
In Ireland, Teddy is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2009 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
Recently in 2019, 55 babies were given Teddy and it reached its peak ranking, 119 on boy names chart. Over 208 people have been named Teddy in Ireland. Teddy is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 340 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Teddy.
Teddy is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today.
And also in Belgium. But Teddy is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Zambia, Philippines, Tanzania, Kenya, Central African Republic, DR Congo and Madagascar.
At least, 320000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Teddy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Teddy?
Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. You are too kind to tell these people to leave and so, you end up drained and confused. The soul is more important to you than your body. You are ambitious and courageous. You are a team player who loves to hang around and work on different projects with different minds. You are good at envisioning projects and develop them on your own.
Looking for names similar to Teddy? Please go through the following names
- Prokhor means Chorus Leader is of Old Greek origin used for boys is used substantially in Russian
- Catarina - Meaning of Catarina is The Pure came from Old Greek dominantly used in Finnish, Swedish and Italian is used as a baby girl name
- Lexuss - Boy name Lexuss means "The Defender" is of Old Greek origin. Lexuss is derived from Lexus.
- Engelina - Of Old Greek origin, Engelina is especially used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish and is given to girls, Engelina means "Angel"
- Catrin - Outlandish Old Greek Catrin means "The Pure" and a baby girl name is used majorly in Danish and Welsh
Famous people named Teddy
- Teddy Weatherford, American jazz pianist and an accomplished stride pianist
- Teddy Riley, jazz trumpet player and bandleader
- Teddy Page, Filipino film director and occasional writer
- Teddy Darby, American blues singer and guitarist
- Teddy Brown, American entertainer
- Teddy Billington, American racing cyclist
- Teddy Tetzlaff, American racecar driver active
- Teddy Wakelam, English sports broadcaster and rugby union player
- Teddy Kotick, jazz bassist,
- Teddy Gentry,
- Teddy Partridge, English footballer
- Teddy Hill, big band leader and the manager of Minton's Playhouse
- Teddy Maybank, English former professional footballer
- Teddy Shapou, American fighter pilot of World War II
- Teddy Davis, featherweight professional boxer
- Teddy Bowen, English footballer
- Teddy Taylor, British Conservative Party politician
- Teddy Riley, American singer, songwriter
- Teddy Wilson, American jazz pianist
- Teddy Pendergrass, American singer
- Teddy Sheringham, English football manager and former player
- Teddy Kollek, Israeli politician
- Teddy Atlas, Atlas Jr
- Teddy Pilette, former racing driver from Belgium
- Teddy Scholten, Dutch singer from Rijswijk, close to The Hague
- Teddy Lehman, linebacker
- Teddy Dunn, Australian-born American lawyer and former actor
- Teddy Hart, professional wrestler
- Teddy Edwards, musical artist
- Teddy Kristiansen, Danish comic book artist, known for his work
- Teddy Higuera, former pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Teddy Lučić, Swedish footballer and manager
- Teddy Mayer, American motor racing entrepreneur
- Teddy Sheean, sailor
- Teddy Wynyard, British Army officer and an English cricketer
- Teddy Geiger, American musician
- Teddy Hoad, West Indian cricketer
- Teddy Yip, businessman
- Teddy Corpuz, Filipino singer, television presenter
- Teddy Jusuf, retired brigadier general of Tentara Nasional Indonesia
- Teddy Thompson, British folk and rock musician
- Teddy Turner, Yorkshire-born English actor and comedian
- Teddy Afro, Ethiopian singer
- Teddy Bailey, college and professional American football player
- Teddy Sadaoui, French professional rugby league footballer
- Teddy McCarthy, Irish retired hurler and Gaelic footballer
- Teddy Buckner, jazz trumpeter associated with Dixieland music
- Teddy Robin, Hong Kong English pop singer-songwriter, actor
- Teddy Diaz, Filipino guitarist and composer
- Teddy Harvia, nom de plume of David Thayer
- Teddy Vincent in The Blob as Actress
- Teddy Blanks in Still Alice as Miscellaneous Crew
- Teddy Zee in The Pursuit of Happyness as Producer
- Teddy Driver in Miracle on 34th Street as Actor
- Teddy Quinn in General Hospital as Actor
- Teddy Cohn in Mr. Grumpy Pants as Actor
- Teddy Kempner in The World's End as Actor
- Teddy Deegan in The Power as Actor
- Teddy Airhart acted in movie Sounder, Part 2
- In 1921, Teddy Arundell played the role of Police Const. Moriarty in comedy film General John Regan.
- Teddy Knox, from 1937 comedy movie O-Kay for Sound, who portrayed Teddy.
- In 2010, Teddy Robin Kwan played the role of Master Ben Law in action and comedy movie Da lui toi.
- In 1927 action flick, The Mansion of Mystery, Teddy Reavis portrayed N.
- In 1956 comedy and musical film, Totò, Peppino e la... malafemmina, Teddy Reno played Gianni Caponi.
- In 1918, Teddy Sampson characterized the role of Cherry Blossom in drama film Her American Husband.
- Teddy Alencar characterized leading character of N in 1972 western film Quatro Pistoleiros em Fúria.
Lists having Teddy
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1992)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Courageous
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Wealth
- Baby Names that mean Guardian