Abbe name meaning
What does Abbe mean?
Unusual Abbe mostly is used in Finnish, Old SwedishDanish, English and Swedish, meaning of Abbe is "Father in Rejoicing or God is My Joy" that originated from Hebrew is bestowed upon both genders. Abbe is variant form of biblical and admired Abbey. Abbey is equivalent of Abigail in English and Irish languages. Abbey's meaning is My Father Rejoices and Joy of My Father has origin in Hebrew. Abbe is equivalent of Abraham in Swedish language. It is celebrated on December 29th.
What do we think of Abbe as a name for a newborn?
Abbe is a unique and rare name for babies of Hebrew origin. It means "father of exaltation". The name Abbe is popular among parents who are looking for a simple yet strong name for their baby boy. The name has a charming and pleasant sound, making it ideal for parents who prefer short and sweet names. Though it is not widely used in modern times, the speciality of the name Abbe lies in its simplicity and powerful meaning.
How do I pronounce Abbe?
Two syllabled Abbe is most commonly pronounced as a(b)-be.
Variants of Abbe
Abbey, Abigajil, Abigail, Abby, Abraham, Avraham, Aapo, Abigael, Abagale, Abaigael, Abrigail, Abigailgrace, Abi, ApeNames that rhyme with Abbe
How popular is the name Abbe?
Abbe is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1949 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1957, it ranked 1202nd when 78 girl were named Abbe. There are over 1325 babies that have been given the name Abbe in United States. Abbe is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Abbe is a common name in Cameroon, Ivory Coast and DR Congo while somewhat familiar name in Mauritania, Benin, England, Philippines and Sweden. According to our research, over 9000 babies have been named Abbe globally.
What numerology tells about Abbe?
You have the heart of a warrior. Number 4 as your expression no reveals your inner strength, strong communication and organization abilities, and well-structured life. You are the mover and shaker of the world. You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings. Due to your naivety, you are taken advantage of very often. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality.
Parents who liked Abbe, loved these names
- Dagan - Rarefied Dagan is used particulary in Hindi, Hebrew and English, Dagan means "Corn or Grain, Corn Grain or Earth". Its origin is in Semitic, Hebrew and Babylonian is given to both sexes
- Natanaëlle - Meaning of Natanaëlle is God Gave is rooted from Hebrew
- Mannaïck means Princess of the Sea is especially used in Breton is of Hebrew origin
- Mikaël - Mikaël means "Who is Like God" is originated from Hebrew
- Matyss - French name Matyss means "Gift of Yahweh" is bestowed upon boys. Matyss is resultant of Matisse.
Sibling Names for Abbe
Abbe is an old-fashioned name with a unique, heartwarming sound. It's perfect for parents who are looking for something special for their baby but don't want to go too far outside of the box. Here are some sibling names that pair perfectly with Abbe:
Names for Abbe's sister
Names for Abbe's brother
Famous people named Abbe
- Abbe Ibrahim, football striker
- Abbe Lane, American singer and actress
- Abbe Raven, Acting Chairman of A+E Networks
- Abbe Holmes in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark as Actress
- Abbey Scott in Stripped as Actress
- Abbey Wade in Summer Catch as Actress
- Abbey Finch in Wingmen Incorporated as Actress
- Abbe Esben in movie House of Dreams as Composer
Lists having Abbe
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Rejoicing
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Joy