Abi name meaning
What does Abi mean?
Unconventional unisex name Abi means "My Father Rejoices, All or Father of the Amount" and is notably used in English, Gujarati, Hindi, Arabic and Tamil is rooted from Hebrew, Old French and Turkish languages. Abi is form of pleasing and biblical Abbey. Abbey is equivalent of Abigail in Irish and English languages. Rare Hebrew Abbey, meaning of Abbey is "Joy of My Father and My Father Rejoices". Abi is a short version of Abraham. Abraham is a variation of Avraham. Abraham is Latin form of The Hebrew Name אַבְרָהָם Meaning Father of a Multitude  . Of Hebrew origin, Rare Abraham, Abraham means "Faultless and Father of a Multitude".
How Abi is perceived as a baby name?
Abi is a beautiful girl name with a rich history and meaning. Its origin is Hebrew and means Joy of a father--a sentiment that parents may want to give their daughter as they embark on life's journey together. With such lovely connotations, it's no surprise that Abi is becoming increasingly popular as a baby girl name. It has an innocence to it; one can imagine an Abi running around in the sun with wildflowers in her hair, full of exuberance and joy. This simple yet poignant name conveys such strong positive emotions, making it perfect for any baby girl who deserves the gift of love, happiness and abundance.
How do I pronounce Abi?
ah-bee is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Abi.
Variants of Abi
Abigajil, Abbi, Abbey, Ábiǫrn, Abigail, Abbe, Abby, Abigael, Ábjǫrn, Abagale, Abaigael, Abrigail, Abigailgrace, AbrahamNames that rhyme with Abi
How popular is the name Abi?
Abi was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1549 babies have been named Abi since 1996. When at its peak in 2005,. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Abi is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 5000 names. In 1981, it ranked 4958th when 26 girls were named Abi. Over 547 babies in United States have been named Abi.
Abi is a rare baby name in France however it is still in use. But Abi is a popular baby name in Ethiopia where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, Syria, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and India. At least, 90000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Numerological analysis of Abi
You can't stand in one place for a long time because it bores you. You could be a poet because of the original way you express yourself. You play with people's emotions when it comes to romantic relationships because of the fear of betrayal. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much.
Other names similar to Abi, for soon-to-be-parents
- Parinda majorly is used in Hindi and Arabic, meaning of Parinda is "Bird" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Humamuddin means Generous, Brave (Person) of the Religion (Islam) or Brave (Person) of the Religion Islam is a gender-neutral name is used in Arabic and Arabic
- Tabb - Tabb's meaning is Shining or Drummer used for boys that originated from Germanic is primarily used in Arabic and English
- Nusa has its origin in Old Greek and Arabic is especially used in Slovenian, Nusa means "Ana or -Usa" is a baby girl name
- Abadi - Abadi's meaning is Pleasantness, Immortal or Comforter is substantially used in Arabic and African is used for baby boys
Sibling Names for Abi
Abi is a beautiful name that carries with it many wonderful sibling choices. Below is a list of some great names to pair with Abi:
Sister to Abi
Brother to Abi
Famous people named Abi
- Abi Fry, English violist
- Abi Harding,
- Abi Finley, actress and Musical Theatre performer
- Abi Titmuss, English actress, television personality
- Abi Tucker, Australian singer-songwriter and actress
- Abi Ofarim, Israeli musician and dancer
- Abi Olajuwon, American basketball coach and former player
- Abi Ekoku, former track and field athlete
- Abigail Kubeka in Knock-Out as Actress
- Abigail Arundel in Child Hunt as Actress
- Abi Phillips is an English actress and singer best known for playing Liberty Savage at Hollyoaks.
- Abi Feijó is known for directing short Our Lady of the Apresentation
Lists having Abi
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Rejoices
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Amount