Abbey meaning and origin
Popular unisex name Abbey is of Hebrew origin used primarily in English, Finnish, Swedish and Danish languages, Abbey means "Joy of My Father". Abbey is Irish and English equivalent of Abigail.
Variants of Abbey
View middle names that goes with Abbey like Cortney, Brianna, Oria, Dorsey, Rochelle, Ciera,Names that rhyme with Abbey
Popularity of Abbey
Abbey was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1914 around 17238 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 1999, it ranked 392nd when 710 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 88 years. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 14 times Abbey is common in England and Wales where over 2837 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at its peak in 1997, it ranked 165th when 274 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Abbey was a common name in New South Wales. Over 1917 babies have been named Abbey since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 15 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Victoria, Abbey was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 257 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2008,. After 3 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Abbey is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1992 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 105 on girl names chart when 59 babies were given the name Abbey. There are over 681 babies that have been given the name Abbey in Ireland. Also, in Queensland, the name has been in use since 1997 and has secured the place in top 100 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 37 on girl names chart when 99 babies were given the name Abbey. Over 1012 babies in Queensland have been named Abbey.
Abbey is a common name in Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Togo, England and Australia while somewhat familiar name in Canada, South Africa, Kenya, Philippines, New Zealand, Poland and Ivory Coast. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Abbey in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Abbey?
You are self-reliant, self-motivated and persistent. If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything. Believe it or not, people's stupidity and superficial attitude towards life can inspire you like nothing else can. You are also the craziest, most determinate and strong-willed one in your surroundings. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye.
Other names similar to Abbey, for would be parents
- Terra - Used largely in Italian and Hindi darling, Terra aimed at both boys and girls, Terra means "Land or Earth" is of Japanese and Latin origin. In 1985, preeminent name Terra bagged 457th position on baby girl names chart in United States
- Abner - Famed and All time favorite boy name Abner means "Father of Lights or Niyr", used particulary in English and Assamese is originated from Hebrew
- Wilhelmina - Eternal and Widespread Wilhelmina is used largely in Norwegian and Danish, Wilhelmina means "Will or Helmet, Will Helmet or Desire" is of Old High German and Germanic origin is a gender-neutral name
- Tierra - Tierra's meaning is Earth or Land used for both genders and is used particulary in Spanish has its origin in Latin and English
- Jannie - Jannie's meaning is God is Gracious or Merciful has its origin in Hebrew is a unisex name is mostly used in English and Swedish
Namesakes of Abbey
- Abbey DiGregorio, American actress
- Abbey Lincoln, African-American jazz vocalist, songwriter
- Abbey Simon, American concert pianist, teacher
- Abbey Clancy, English lingerie and catwalk model and television personality
- Abbey Scott in Stripped as Actress
- Abbey Wade in Summer Catch as Actress
- Abbey Finch in Wingmen Incorporated as Actress
- Abbey Bako in as
- Abbey Monnin in Oracabessa as Actress
- Abbey Wilson in Episode #3.12 as
- Abbey-May Wakefield in 30 Days of Night as Actress
- Abbey Aziz in A Chronicle of Tahrir Square as Actress
- Abbey Brooks in Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge as Actress
- Abbey Gale acted in video Precious Metal Volume 1
- In 2006 comedy and drama flick, Death of Seasons, Abbey Healey characterized Colleen.
Lists having Abbey
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2011)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Rejoices
- Baby Names that mean Joy