Alisa meaning and origin
Meaning of Alisa is Great Happiness, God is Salvation, Of the Nobility, Joy or Merry used for both boys and girls and originated from Germanic, Hebrew and Old High German is used especially in Old High German, English, Hebrew, Finnish, Dutch, German, Armenian, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Arabic, Slavic, Danish and Russian. Alisa is variant form of commonly accepted Alise. Alise is form of illustrous Alisa. Alise is derivative of Alice. Alise is form of Alice in Nordic language. Prevailing Alise's origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Alise is "Of a Noble Kind and Of the Nobility". Also Alisa is form of Adelheid in German language. Also Alisa is English and Slavic cognate of Alice. Also Alisa is English and Russian cognate of Alicia.
Variants of Alisa
Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aelisa, Alise, Alice, Ailise, Celissa, Caelius, Caelia, Cecilia, Celeste, Celina, Celia, Adelheid, Alicia, Aliz, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Adela, Adelaide, Adalhaid, Adalheid, Lettie, Aleida, Aalicia, Alyssa, AliciamarieNames that rhyme with Alisa
Popularity of Alisa
Alisa was a popular name in United States. Over 33520 babies have been named Alisa since 1945. At the peak of its usage in 1969, 1154 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 261st position. However after 78 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 34 times Alisa is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 549 on girl names chart when 79 babies were named Alisa. There are over 942 babies that have been given the name Alisa in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 105 on girl names chart when 63 babies were given the name Alisa. There are over 668 babies that have been given the name Alisa in Switzerland.
Alisa is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 443 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Alisa. There are over 106 babies that have been given the name Alisa in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1996 and has secured the place in top 400 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 309 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Alisa. Over 237 babies in Belgium have been named Alisa.
Alisa is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2019 when it ranked 325th. Over 112 people have been named Alisa in Ireland. During its 41 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 girl names. There are over 330 babies that have been given the name Alisa in France. However things change on global perspective, Alisa is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 900 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Uzbekistan, Belarus, Ukraine, India and Thailand. As per our estimate, over 290000 people has been named Alisa globally.
Alisa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alisa?
Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You should focus on your personal progress too. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Alisa
- Aisa - Meaning of Aisa is Alive given to both sexes has its origin in Arabic is used mostly in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish
- Zeinab - Far-out Zeinab is used mostly in Arabic and Telugu, Zeinab means "Desert Tree or Good" given to girls has its origin in African-Somali and Arabic
- Shameem - Unisex name Shameem is used in Hindi, Arabic and Arabic, rooted from Afghan, meaning of Shameem is "Sweet Scent, Fragrance or Scent"
- Rao is used principally in Hindi and Arabic, Rao means "Victorious" is a boy name
- Zakir - Unheard-of Zakir particulary is used in Hindi and Arabic has origin in Arabic, meaning of Zakir is "Who Remembers God or Intelligent" is given to both genders
Namesakes of Alisa
- Alisa Durbrow, Japanese model, actress
- Alisa Lepselter, American film editor
- Alisa Kireeva, Ukrainian figure skater
- Alisa Margolis, artist based in Berlin
- Alisa Reyes, American actress
- Alisa Galliamova, Russian chess player
- Alisa, Russian hard rock band
- Alisa Valdes, American author, journalist, and film producer,
- Alisa Freindlich, Soviet and Russian actress
- Alisa Kwitney, writer of comedic romance novels and graphic novels
- Alisa Camplin, Australian aerial skier
- Alisa Mizuki, |
- Alisa Drei, Finnish former competitive figure skater
- Alisa Childers, American singer and songwriter
- Alisa Weilerstein, American classical cellist
- Alisa Agafonova, former competitive ice dancer
- Alisa Marić, Serbian chess player
- Alisa Bosschaert in Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar as Actress
- Alisa Anderson in Creed as Actress
- Alisar Ailabouni in The Rainway as
- Alisa Berhorst in Is It Just Me? as Actress
- Alisa Schmidtova in Fuck Those Chicks 8 as Actress
- Alisa Harris in Prisoners as Actress
- Alisa Kozhikina is a young Russian singer born on June 20, 2003 in Uspenka, a small village in the Russian region of Kursk.
- Alisa Christensen acted in movie The Arrival
- Alisa Freyndlikh characterized central character of Galina Beletskaya in 2017 drama flick Bolshoy.
- In 2002 crime and drama flick, Raskalyonnaya subbota, Alisa Priznyakova characterized N.
- Alisa Bogart characterized leading character of Nina and Sister in 2002 drama movie Lunnye polyany.
- Alisa Vilena, from 2018 drama flick The Annunciation, who characterized Mary.
Lists having Alisa
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Armenian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lisa
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Salvation
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Merry