Alvin name meaning
On This Page
What does Alvin mean?
Alvin means Elf, A City on a White Hill, Elf Friend or Related to Elf used for both sexes and is used principally in Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Swedish, Kannada, Norwegian, Finnish, Malayalam, Danish, Telugu, Gujarati, Hindi, English, Icelandic and Oriya is of German, Old High German and Old English origin...
Alvin is version of Adalwin. Also Adalwin is variant spelling of ADAL;VIN. Lofty and Perpetual Adalwin came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Adalwin is "Noble Friend". Alvin is derivative of Allowin.
Allowin means Everything and Friend came from German. Alvin is celebrated on October 1st.
Could Alvin be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Alvin is a charming and classic name for baby boys. It has a certain timeless quality that never goes out of style.
What makes the name Alvin unique is its British heritage and meaning, which translates to "Noble friend." This gives it an air of elegance and sophistication that sets it apart from other names on the market.
Alvin also has a catchy ring to it, making it easy to say and remember. It's perfect for parents who want their child's name to sound strong yet approachable. Overall, Alvin is an excellent choice for those seeking a traditional yet distinctive baby boy name.
How do I pronounce Alvin?
The two syllabled name Alvin is pronounced, a-lvin. Some people pronounce it as al-vin.
Variants of AlvinNames that rhyme with Alvin
How popular is the name Alvin?
Alvin was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 159965 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1927, 2884 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 66th position.
However after 221 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 39 times Also, Alvin was among the popular names in Sweden.
Since emerging in 2002 around 4991 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 2009, 520 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 27th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 15 years. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 10 times
Alvin is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1911 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1993, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 354 on boy names chart when 99 babies were given the name Alvin. Over 1708 people have been named Alvin in France.
Alvin is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 638 on boy names chart when 47 babies were named Alvin.
There are over 684 babies that have been given the name Alvin in England and Wales.
Alvin is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 22 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 101 babies in Ireland have been named Alvin. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2008. However things change on global perspective, Alvin is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 500 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Kenya, Malaysia, Indonesia, Canada, Jamaica and India. As per our findings, over 460000 babies have been bestowed Alvin around the globe.
Alvin in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Alvin?
You are always open to experience something new. Your creativity allows you to express your emotions. You are always in the center of attention because of the unusual lifestyle you lead and life decisions that seem too dangerous to some but inspiring to others. Self-doubt won't help you realize your goals. Self-confidence and self-reliance will. In order to keep your motivation high, you must interact with people every now and then.
You would love these names similar to Alvin
- Bert means Noble or Highborn is originated from Germanic, English and Old High German is a gender insensitive name is chiefly used in English and Dutch. In 1967, lofty Bert ranked 481 on list of baby boy names in United States
- Steven - Lofty and Ceaseless Steven came from Old Greek, meaning of Steven is "Crowning or Wreath" and is given to both sexes is mainly used in Swedish and Finnish
- Mia - Widely Accepted unisex name Mia means "Beauty, Mine or Who is Loved" and is used in Swedish and English is originated from Latin and Hebrew
- Leo - Long standing and Darling Leo specifically is used in Greek and Icelandic came from Old Greek and Czech, meaning of Leo is "Brave People or Folk" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Danielle - Famous unisex name Danielle has origin in Hebrew, meaning of Danielle is "God is My Judge or Judge or God" is used dominantly in Hindi and English languages
Sibling Names for Alvin
Choosing a perfect name for your baby is an exciting experience. If you have decided on the name Alvin, why not consider naming his siblings with a similar theme? Here are some unique and meaningful names that complement the name Alvin perfectly.
Names for Alvin's sister
Brother to Alvin
Famous people named Alvin
- Alvin Curran, American composer, performer, improviser
- Alvin M. Strauss, Indiana architect and designer of many landmark buildings
- Alvin O. Austin, fifth president of LeTourneau University
- Alvin Etler, American composer and oboist
- Alvin Singleton, composer from the United States
- Alvin Schwartz, author of more than fifty books dedicated to and dealing with topics such as folklore and word play
- Alvin Straight, American man
- Alvin M. Fountain, former professor of English at North Carolina State University and a notable college historian
- Alvin Vogtle, American lawyer
- Alvin R. Dyer, apostle
- Alvin Lie, MSc
- Alvin M. Weinberg, American nuclear physicist
- Alvin F. Grospiron, American labor leader
- Alvin H. Perlmutter, Director of The Independent Production Fund
- Alvin Cooperman, television producer and entertainment executive
- Alvin Eli Amason, Sugpiaq Alaskan painter and sculptor
- Alvin Daniel, retired track and field athlete
- Alvin Tresselt, pioneering children's book author and graphic designer
- Alvin Ward Gouldner, taught sociology at Antioch College and was professor of sociology at Washington University
- Alvin J. Paris, New York bookmaker and gambler who
- Alvin Manley, amateur standout but has limited success as a professional
- Alvin Goldfarb, tenth president of Western Illinois University
- Alvin Heggs, American former professional basketball player
- Alvin Roth, American bridge player, considered one of the greatest of all time, Roth was considered a fascinating theorist but was described by one partner
- Alvin Loftes, American road racing cyclist
- Alvin La Feuille, West Indies cricketer
- Alvin Rabushka, American political scientist
- Alvin C. Strutz, Chief Justice on the North Dakota Supreme Court
- Alvin Lee Marts, born 4 August 1923 at Wilsonville, Nebraska
- Alvin Sims, American former professional basketball player
- Alvin Carlsson, Swedish diver
- Alvin Moore, American horse rider
- Alvin Cash, American pop singer and actor
- Alvin Plantinga, prominent American analytic philosopher
- Alvin Goldman, American philosopher
- Alvin Francis Poussaint, American psychiatrist well
- Alvin S. White, American test pilot and mechanical engineer
- Alvin Drew, United States Air Force officer and a NASA astronaut
- Alvin Toffler, American writer, futurist, and businessman
- Alvin Schwartz, American comic-book writer best
- Alvin York, military person
- Alvin Lucier, American composer of experimental music and sound installations that explore acoustic phenomena and auditory perception
- Alvin Robertson, American retired basketball player
- Alvin and the Chipmunks, American animated music group created by Ross Bagdasarian Sr
- Alvin Stardust, English rock singer and stage actor
- Alvin Kraenzlein, American track-and-field athlete
- Alvin Curling, Jamaican-born Canadian politician
- Alvin Ailey, African-American choreographer and activist
- Alvin Hamilton, Canadian politician
- Alvin Lee, English singer and guitarist
- Alvin Youngblood Hart, Grammy Award-winning American musician
- Alvin Hawkins, American jurist and politician
- Alvin M. Johnston, American jet-age test pilot for Bell Aircraft and the Boeing Company
- Alvin Morell Bentley, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Alvin Davis, nicknamed "Mr
Lists having Alvin
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -vin
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1938)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Elf