Jack name meaning
What does Jack mean?
The name Jack is of English origin and means "God is gracious". The name Jack is derived from the Latin Jacomus, which was used to represent the Greek angel Gabriel. The name Jack was first used in England during the Middle Ages, and it wasn't until the 18th century that it became a popular given name in Europe and North America.
The popularity of the name Jack can be attributed to a number of factors, including its simple sound, its meaning, and its association with famous people such as Jack London, Jack Kerouac, and Jackie Kennedy.
Baby name jack is a perfect choice for parents who want their child to have a strong and traditional name. Jack is a classic name that has been around for centuries, and it has remained popular throughout the years. It is also a short and simple name that is easy to pronounce and spell, which makes it an ideal choice for parents who are looking for a name that their child can easily learn.
How do I pronounce Jack?
jack is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Jack.
Variants of Jack
Nicknames for Jack
Baby name Jack is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:Names that rhyme with Jack
How popular is the name Jack?
Jack is an extremely popular name in United States given to over 696505 babies in 258 years. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 1929, 12796 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 14th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names an amazing 78 times Also, Jack was an extremely popular name in England and Wales. Over 173515 babies have been named Jack since 1996. At its zenith in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 10779 baby boys were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 23 times Also, Jack was among the popular names in Ireland. Since emerging in 1983 around 5643 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 2007, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 1151 baby boys were given the name. After 15 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in France with over 13962 new-borns have been given the name since 1907. Currently the name is rising, in 1945, the moniker grabbed the 71st spot and 528 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 26 times Also, Jack was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 3017 babies have been named Jack since 1987. When at its peak in 1994, it ranked 11st when 725 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times
A common name in Netherlands with over 1583 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 31st when 333 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Jack is a common name in Sweden given to over 2290 babies in 10 years. Presently the name is rising, in 2014, it ranked 52nd when 307 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Belgium, Jack was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1849 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong. Also, Jack was a common name in Queensland. Over 1089 babies have been named Jack since 1989. At its zenith in 1993,. After 5 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
In Switzerland, Jack is a unique name where it has been in use since 1999 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 210 on boy names chart when 43 babies were named Jack. There are over 412 babies that have been given the name Jack in Switzerland. But Jack is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in, Canada, Papua New Guinea, Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Egypt, Central African Republic, China, Zambia, Philippines, Malaysia, South Sudan, New Zealand, Madagascar, DR Congo, Poland, Sudan, Bangladesh, Malawi, Uganda and Lebanon. According to our evaluation, over 1090000 babies have been named Jack globally.
Jack in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jack?
Lies can be comforting, but you always prefer to hear the ugly truth instead. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. If you want to change the world, start with yourself. You are always open to experience something new.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Jack
- Milou - Milou's meaning is Emulum, Rival or Louise is prevalently used in Finnish, Swedish and Danish and is bestowed upon girls is rooted from Germanic, Hebrew and Latin
- Rinus mostly is used in Dutch has its origin in Latin, meaning of Rinus is "Of the Sea and Sea Which Belong" is given to baby boys. Rinus is shortened form of Marinus.
- Annica - The unconventional girl name Annica means "He (God) Was Gracious" and is principally used in Dutch and German has origin in Hebrew
- Elna - Durable and Noteworthy Elna notably is used in Kannada, Dutch and Gujarati came from Old Greek, Greek and Old Provençal used as a girl name, meaning of Elna is "Shining or Desired"
- Aleit - Origin of Aleit is in Germanic is used as a baby girl name, meaning of Aleit is "Of a Noble Kind, Noble and Fight and Of Noble Figure" is specifically used in Dutch and German. Aleit is abridged form of Adelheid.
Famous people named Jack
- Jack Hodgins, Canadian novelist and short story writer
- Jack Straw, Little is known of the Revolt's leaders
- Jack Brymer, English clarinettist
- Jack Wagner, American Academy Award nominee screenwriter and cinematographer mostly during the silent era of motion pictures
- Jack Belrose, Canadian radio scientist
- Jack C. Haldeman II, American biologist and science-fiction writer
- Jack Granatstein, Canadian historian
- Jack Horrigan, sportswriter for the 'Buffalo Evening News' and American Football League public relations director
- Jack Cohen, FRSB (born 19 September 1933 in Norwich
- Jack Black, rat-catcher and mole destroyer from Battersea
- Jack Spicer, American poet often identified with the San Francisco Renaissance
- Jack Mundey, (born 17 October 1929 in Malanda
- Jack Jones, American actor and jazz and pop singer
- Jack Little, British-born American composer, singer, pianist
- Jack Shulman, American anti-Revisionist Communist activist
- Jack Kelley, former longtime 'USA Today' reporter and nominee and finalist for the Pulitzer Prize
- Jack Kracken, Norwegian–American boxer of the 1930s
- Jack Rowell, former coach of rugby union sides including Bath and England
- Jack Leigh, American photographer and author
- Jack Butler, Indigenous Australian and perhaps the last speaker of the Jiwarli dialect
- Jack MacDonald, founding member of the Communist Party of Canada and one of its leaders
- Jack Whyte, Scottish-Canadian novelist of historical fiction
- Jack Holt, prolific designer of sailing dinghies
- Jack Churchill, younger son of Lord Randolph Churchill and his wife Jennie
- Jack Elton Bresenham, former professor of computer science
- Jack Keller, professional poker player
- Jack Clemo, Cornish poet and writer
- Jack Wagner, American radio personality and actor best
- Jack Yunits, John Thomas Yunits, Jr
- Jack Zipes, American academic and folklorist
- Jack Diamond, Baron Diamond, British Labour Party politician
- Jack Volrich, 33rd mayor of Vancouver, British Columbia
- Jack Keever, American journalist and author
- Jack Todd, has been a sports columnist for the 'Montreal Gazette' since 1986
- Jack Gaughan, American science fiction artist and illustrator
- Jack Butler, American writer
- Jack Hardy,
- Jack Horner, noted sports journalist
- Jack Chambers, Canadian linguist
- Jack Sepkoski, Joseph John Sepkoski Jr
- Jack Renshaw, Australian politician
- Jack Boucher, American photographer for the National Park Service for more than 40 years beginning
- Jack Kilby, Jack St
- Jack Horner, American paleontologist most famous for discovering and naming 'Maiasaura'
- Jack Heslop-Harrison, British soldier and botanist
- Jack R. Lousma, American aeronautical engineer, retired United States Marine Corps officer
- Jack Dongarra, American University Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
- Jack Wisdom, Professor of Planetary Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Jack Steinberger, American physicist who
- Jack Dennis, computer scientist and Emeritus Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at MIT.
- Jack Lemmon, American actor and musician
- Jack Kerouac, American novelist and poet of French-Canadian descent
- Jack L. Chalker, American science fiction author
- Jack Butler Yeats, Irish artist and Olympic medalist
- Jack Kemp, American politician and a professional player
- Jack Ruby, Dallas, Texas nightclub owner
- Jack Kirby, American comic book artist, writer, and editor
- Jack Brabham, Australian racing driver
Lists having Jack
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jac
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1951)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Supplants
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Merciful