Betsey meaning and origin
Betsey means God is My Oath, Diminutive of Elizabeth, God's Promise or God is Fullness is a girl name. It is rooted from English and Hebrew is used substantially in Danish, Swedish, Finnish and English. Betsey is variant form of biblical, persistent and illustrous Betty. Betty is variant form of unfading and celebrated Beata. Also Betty is variant form of long standing and noteworthy Berta. Betty is also a variant of perennial and saintly Barbara. Betty is a diminutive of ElisabethElizabeth. Betty is English form of Elisabet. Of Hebrew origin, Cherished and Perennial Betty, Betty means "Form of Elizabeth and My God has Sworn". Betsey is variant form of biblical and durable Betsy. Betsy is variant of widespread and conifer Betty. Betsy is English form of Elisabet. Origin of Darling and Perennial Betsy is in Hebrew, meaning of Betsy is "God's Promise, God is My Oath and My God is Perfect". Betsey is short version of Elizabeth. Meaning of Elizabeth is God is Perfection God is My Oath and God of Plenty is originated from Hebrew. Betsey is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of Betsey
View middle names that goes with Betsey like Elyana, Hete, Katia, Maryline,Names that rhyme with Betsey
Popularity of Betsey
Betsey is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1884 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1889, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 724 on girl names chart when 62 babies were named Betsey. There are over 2476 babies that have been given the name Betsey in United States. Betsey is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 2464 (2014) in its 12 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
According to our evaluation, over 4000 babies have been named Betsey globally.
Numerological analysis of Betsey
You can be an actor, singer, athlete, architect, CEO, social media manager, or influencer. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. Hanging around people who don't have a purpose or goal in life is not your thing. Love is most important in your life. People believe you are cold-hearted and emotionless but the truth is the opposite.
Do you like Betsey? Read these names too
- Marylu - Marylu's meaning is Bitter, Sea of Bitterness or Beloved Famous Warrior used for both genders that of English and Hebrew origin is used largely in English and English
- Jethro - Eminent and Evergreen boy name Jethro is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Jethro is "Yether" is chiefly used in Danish, Norwegian and Swedish
- Wolfe - Unorthodox Wolfe is originated from Germanic is used in English and German given to boys, Wolfe means "Wolf"
- Saray - The rare girl name Saray has origin in Hebrew, Saray means "Princess" is substantially used in Spanish, Norwegian and Danish
- Joelene - Odd girl name Joelene is originated from English and Hebrew, meaning of Joelene is "God will Add and Jo". Joelene is another transcription of Jolene.
Namesakes of Betsey
- Betsey Stockton, African-American educator and missionary
- Betsey Wright, American lobbyist, activist
- Betsey Cushing Roosevelt Whitney, American philanthropist
- Betsey Johnson, American fashion designer best
- Betsey Brown in Consent as Actress
- Betsey Brindger in short Through the Lens as Actress