Cecelia name meaning
What does Cecelia mean?
Are you trying to find the perfect name for your baby? Look no further than Cecilia! This beautiful name has been gaining popularity in recent years and is perfect for your little one.
The name Cecilia is of Latin origin and its meaning is “blind”. It is derived from the Latin name Caecilia, which means “blind” in Latin. It is a feminine form of the masculine name Cecil, which is derived from the Roman clan name Caelius. In the bible, Cecilia was a Roman Christian martyr who was put to death for believing in Jesus Christ.
Cecilia has been a popular name in Europe since the Middle Ages and is currently popular in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It is also a very popular name in Latin American countries.
If you are looking for a name that has a strong sense of history but is also modern and fashionable, Cecilia is the perfect choice for your baby. It is a beautiful, strong name that carries a lot of meaning.
Famous people named Cecilia include actors, singers, and writers. Some of these well-known people are Cecilia Bartoli, singer, and Cecilia Muñoz, former White House Domestic Policy Council director.
Whether you’re looking for a traditional or modern name, Cecilia is sure to make a great choice for your baby. Its history and meaning make it a beautiful name that will make your baby stand out.
How do I pronounce Cecelia?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Cecelia is ce-ce-lia.
Variants of Cecelia
Caecilius, Cecellia, Cecilia, Cacelia, Cecilie, Celia, Cecelie, Ceilia, Selia, Lucelia, Celiana, Caelius, Caelia, Celeste, CelinaNames that rhyme with Cecelia
How popular is the name Cecelia?
Cecelia was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 56571 babies have been given the first name. At its zenith in 1884, the moniker grabbed the 169th spot and 935 baby girls were given the name. However after 141 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 84 times
In England and Wales, Cecelia is a unique name where it has been in use since 1996 and has secured the place in top 900 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 886 on girl names chart when 42 babies were named Cecelia. Over 273 people have been named Cecelia in England and Wales. Cecelia is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 136 people have been named Cecelia in Ireland.
But Cecelia is a popular baby name in Liberia where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Nigeria and Philippines. At least, 120000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Cecelia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Cecelia?
You rock as a person. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first. You are hard to reach and even harder to trust. Stop treating people like you are better than them even if you really are. You deliver your promises. This is why people trust you with their life.
Looking for a name like Cecelia? Please go through the following names
- Darius - Loved and Evergreen unisex name Darius is principally used in Arabic, Swedish and Lithuanian which originated from Old Persian and Latin, meaning of Darius is "The Elements Daraya Meaning to Possess to Hold to Maintain or Prophet"
- Sissela - Immutable and Popular Sissela is used primarily in Finnish and Swedish is originated from Latin is usually given to girls. Sissela is Swedish form of Cecilia
- Malorie - Customary Malorie is originated from Latin and Old French is used notably in English and French bestowed upon girls, Malorie means "My Glory or Misfortune"
- Nane - Used principally in Swedish and Danish, Nane means "Christian or Grace" is a baby girl name has its origin in Latin
- Cielo - Notably used in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish darling, Cielo is used as a unisex name, meaning of Cielo is "Mary of the Sky or Sky" came from Spanish and Latin
Middle names for Cecelia
Here is a list of familiar and appealing middle names that go with the baby name Cecelia.
View more middle names that goes with Cecelia.
Sibling Names for Cecelia
If you're looking for the perfect sibling name to complement your baby girl's name Cecelia, then you've come to the right place. We've compiled a list of beautiful and unique names that are sure to make a great match with Cecelia. From traditional to modern options, take a look at our top picks for sibling names.
Names for Cecelia's sister
Names for Cecelia's brother
Famous people named Cecelia
- Cecelia Holland, American historical fiction novelist
- Cecelia Ahern, Irish novelist whose work was first published
- Cecelia Joyce, Irish former cricketer
- Cecelia Hall in Top Gun as Sound Department
- Cecelia Peters in Profile as Actress
- Cecelia Kuhn in Girl from Iceland as Actress
- Cecelia Pleva in Late Night with Conan O'Brien: 10th Anniversary Special as Casting Director
- Cecelia Antoinette in Yes Man as Actress
- Cecelia Ann Birt in Ocean's Eleven as Actress
- Cecelia Specht in Darkness Falls as Actress
- Cecelia Ramsdale is notable for her acting in TV series Sumo Mouse
Lists having Cecelia
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Baby Names that mean Blind