Berta meaning and origin
Meaning of Berta is Famous, Noble, Splendid, Shining Pledge or Bright Ruler is particulary used in Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, German, Finnish, Faroese, Italian, Swedish and English and is bestowed upon girls has origin in Spanish, Polish, Italian, Germanic, Dutch, English, Czech, Slavic, Hungarian and Old High German. Berta is variant form of cherished Birgitta. Birgitta is version of noteworthy and pious Birgit. Also Birgitta is variation of pious and admired Bridget. Birgitta is equivalent of Brigitte in Nordic language. Also Birgitta is equivalent of Brigitta in Nordic language. Outstanding and Enduring Birgitta came from Old Norse and Celtic, meaning of Birgitta is "Sublime and The Exalted One". Berta is variant form of predominant Berit. Berit is variant of noteworthy and pious Birgit. Also Berit is version of perpetual, sacred and predominant Bridget. Berit is also variant of Berita. Berit is form of Birgit in Nordic language. Berit means The Exalted One is of Old Norse and Celtic origin.. The name is celebrated on July 4th.
Variants of BertaNames that rhyme with Berta
Popularity of Berta
Berta was among the popular names in Spain. Since emerging in 2002 around 8585 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 2012, the moniker grabbed the 68th spot and 699 baby girls were given the name. However after 17 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 17 times
A common name in United States having over 7239 recievers in 139 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1880, 132 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 326th position. Additionally, the name has been in Berta is an uncommon baby name in France where it had been in use since 1909 and peaked in 1909 when it ranked 899th. Berta is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. But Berta is a popular baby name in Ethiopia where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Mozambique, Germany, Colombia, Angola, Guatemala, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, El Salvador, Austria, Cuba, Venezuela, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Honduras and DR Congo. According to our research, over 480000 babies have been named Berta globally.
Berta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Berta?
You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success. Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel. You are born to be a businessman, politician, manage your own business or some other position that requires leadership, warrior spirit, taking risks, and daring yourself to do more.
Other names similar to Berta, for soon-to-be-parents
- Suzan - Widespread and All time favorite Suzan has its origin in Czech and Hebrew languages is used as a girl name which is mostly used in Swedish, Arabic and Norwegian, Suzan means "Lily". In 1957, eminent Suzan was the 499th most popular name on baby girl chart in United States
- Fern - Outstanding and Conifer Fern came from English and Gothic, meaning of Fern is "Feather, The Fern or A Fern Plant" used for both boys and girls is used principally in English
- Rob - Renowned and Enduring Rob is originated from Germanic and Old High German is used dominantly in Finnish, Danish and English, a baby boy name, Rob means "Bright or Form of Robert"
- Gracelyn - Particulary used in English frequently used, Gracelyn has origin in Latin and English and is used for girls, meaning of Gracelyn is "Lyn or Grace"
- Laurel - Persistent and Admired Laurel is used primarily in English aimed at both genders and originated from Latin, Laurel means "Crowned with Laurel or Laurel Tree"
Namesakes of Berta
- Berta Zuckerkandl, Austrian writer, journalist, and art critic
- Berta Behrens,
- Berta Zerón, first woman
- Berta Muñiz, Argentine film actor and film producer best
- Berta and Elmer Hader, were an American couple
- Berta Zahourek, Austrian freestyle swimmer
- Berta Scharrer, German-born American scientist
- Berta E. Baker, North Dakota public servant and politician with the Republican Party
- Berta Castells, female hammer thrower from Spain
- Berta Betanzos Moro is a Spanish sailor.
- Berta Alig is notable for her acting in movie Das kalte Paradies
- Berta Cabré played vital role of Julia and Sebastián's sister in 1980 horror, mystery flick Estigma.
- In 1970 drama film, Ha-Timhoni, Berta Litwina portrayed Old Woman Rachel.
- In 1919 drama flick, Vier Finger, Berta Monnard played N.
- Berta Romero characterized the significant role of N in 1915 comedy movie Clarita y Peladilla van a los toros.
- Berta Singerman, from 1921 film La vendedora de Harrod's, who portrayed the N.
- In 2002 drama flick, Desmundo, Berta Zemel portrayed Dona Branca.
- Berta Türk, from 1918 movie Jobb erkölcsöket!, who characterized Félvilági hölgy.
- In 1979 drama movie, Niebla, Berta Hiriart portrayed N.
- In 1920 film, Der Staatsanwalt, Berta Gast characterized N.
- In 1982, Berta Mesa characterized the role of N in drama flick Vicios de mujer.
- Berta Valero, from 1920 musical movie A víg özvegy, who characterized the Glavári Hanna.
Lists having Berta
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hungarian Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ber
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Splendid
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Glorious
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant