Eoin name meaning
On This Page
What does Eoin mean?
Famed Eoin has its origin in Hebrew is dominantly used in Irish, Scottish, English, Gaelic and Welsh, Eoin means "Yahweh is Gracious" is used as a baby boy name . Eoin is a variant of perennial and famous John.
John is shortened form of Johannes. John is English and German equivalent of Johannes. John means Yahweh is Gracious Yahweh is Merciful, Gift of God and God is Merciful is of Hebrew origin.
Eoin is a variant of evergreen, well-known and biblical Evan. Evan is version of cherished Eoghan. Also Evan is a variant form of venerable and eminent John. Evan is also version of Evanna.
Evan is form of John in Slavic language. Also Evan is form of Johanna in Welsh language. Evan is also Danish form of Ivan. Evan is also Welsh cognate of Ifan.
Evan is also Scottish equivalent of Ewan. Well-Known Evan is originated from Celtic and Hebrew, Evan means "The Lord is Gracious and Young Warrior". Eoin is variant form of pleasing and biblical Sean.
Sean is a form of venerable and renowned John. Also Sean is a form of famous Seán. Sean is Irish cognate of Jean. Also Sean is Irish form of Jean or Johannes.
Sean is also Irish form of Jean or Johannes. Sean is also Irish form of Jean or Johannes. Sean means Yahweh is Gracious and God is Merciful has origin in Hebrew.
How do I pronounce Eoin?
One syllabled Eoin is most commonly pronounced as o-wen. eoin is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Eoin
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Evan, John, Sean, Eoghan, Evanna, Johanna, Ivan, Ifan, Ewan, Eavan, Evanjames, Johannes, Dejohn, Gianni, Jackie, Yanis, Aaronjohn, John Paul, Seán, Jean, Shan, Quasean, Seananthony, Hans, Hansi, Hanseraq
How popular is the name Eoin?
Eoin was a common name in Ireland. Over 13320 babies have been named Eoin since 1971. At its zenith in 2004,. However after 47 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Eoin is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1971 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2003, it ranked 1870th when 63 boy were named Eoin.
Over 1225 people have been named Eoin in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 398 on boy names chart when 69 babies were given the name Eoin. There are over 1124 babies that have been given the name Eoin in England and Wales.
Also, Eoin is a familiar name in England, Northern Ireland, Australia, Scotland, Canada, Poland and New Zealand. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Eoin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Eoin?
You like to think outside the box and kick the box inside people's face when they tell you how to think or what to do. Your first instinct about someone as a person is the one you should listen. You are sharp-minded and intelligent. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind. Waking up at the same time every day, five times a week, makes you feel nervous and steals your energy away.
Looking for names similar to Eoin? Please go through the following names
- Jacoby - Meaning of Jacoby is Jacob used for both genders and originated from Hebrew is used mainly in English and Hebrew. In 2013, prevailing name Jacoby elevated to 484th position among baby boy names in United States
- Manoella - The Manoella has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Manoella is "God with Us"
- Lysbeth - Unexpected Lysbeth is used mostly in English has its origin in Hebrew used for baby girls, Lysbeth means "God is Perfection God is My Oath, God of Plenty and My God is Bountiful". Lysbeth is derivation of Elizabeth.
- Rachil - Girl name Rachil came from Hebrew chiefly used in Russian language, meaning of Rachil is "The Ewe"
- Ashimah - Girl name Ashimah means "Protector and Limitless" has its origin in Hebrew. Ashimah is resultant of Ashima.
Sibling Names for Eoin
If you're looking for sibling names that match the unique sound and Irish heritage of "Eoin," you're in luck! We've compiled a list of names that complement "Eoin" perfectly, from traditional Gaelic choices to modern options with similar vowels and consonants. Take a look at our top picks for baby names that pair well with "Eoin."
Sister to Eoin
Brother for Eoin
Famous people named Eoin
- Eoin Ryan Snr, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Eoin Collins, former tennis player from Ireland
- Eoin Kennedy, Irish handball player from County Dublin, Ireland
- Eoin McNamee, Irish writer of novels and screenplays
- Eoin Brosnan, Irish Gaelic football player
- Eoin McKiernan, M.A., PhD, D.Litt
- Eoin Larkin, Irish hurler
- Eoin O'Duffy, Irish nationalist political activist
- Eoin Colfer, Irish author of children's books
- Eoin MacNeill, Irish scholar, Irish language enthusiast, Gaelic revivalist
- Eoin Ryan Jnr, former Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Eoin Jess, Scottish former footballer
- Eoin Liston, former Irish sportsperson
- Eoin Morgan, Irish cricketer
- Eoin Kelly, Irish hurler
- Eoin Murray, Irish auto racing driver, born 9 December 1982
- Eoin Hand, Irish former footballer and football manager
- Eoin Bradley, football biography
- Eoin Cameron, Australian radio personality in Perth
- Eoin Reddan, Irish rugby union player who plays at scrum half
- Eoin McGrath, Irish hurler
- Eoin Kelly, Irish hurler
- Eoin Doyle, Irish professional footballer
- Eoin Lynch, American soccer player
- Eoin Ó Broin, Irish Sinn Féin politician, and writer
- Eoin Murphy, Irish hurler
- Eoin Martin in Ten Minutes as Editor
- Eoin Murtagh in Blue dolphin - l'avventura continua as Actor
- Eoin O'Brien in Kill 'em All as Actor
- Eoin McCarthy in AVP: Alien vs. Predator as Actor
- Eoin Macken in Centurion as Actor
- Eoin Clarke in short Deviant! as Actress
- In 2019, Eoin O'Dubhghaill played the role of Seán in drama film Arracht.
Lists having Eoin
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with E
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Gaelic Boy Names
- Irish Boy Names
- Scottish Boy Names
- Welsh Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious