Ilda name meaning
On This Page
What does Ilda mean?
Illustrous and Perpetual Ilda's origin is Old High German and Germanic bestowed upon girls, meaning of Ilda is "Fight, Fence, Enclosure or Protection" is commonly used in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Ilda is variant form of celebrated and conifer Hilda.
Hilda is shortened form of names with "Hild". Also Hilda is shortened form of the suffix "Hild". Hilda is also short version of Hildegard. Hilda is Latin form of Names Containing the Name Element Hild.
Meaning of Hilda is Protection and Fence is of Old High German and Germanic origin. It is celebrated on November 17th.
How do I pronounce Ilda?
Two syllabled Ilda is pronounced as i-lda. il-da or eel-duh are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Ilda
How popular is the name Ilda?
Ilda is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1894 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1905, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 848 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Ilda.
There are over 1495 babies that have been given the name Ilda in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1906 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 1923, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 420 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Ilda. Over 547 babies in France have been named Ilda.
But Ilda is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Mozambique, Angola, Argentina, Colombia, Guinea-Bissau, Mexico, Portugal and Paraguay.
According to our estimate, at least 290000 people have been bestowed Ilda around the globe.
Ilda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ilda?
You attract wealth and successful people with your charisma. You lack passion and wilderness. Stop making plans for the future because you know you like spontaneity more. You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. You have people who love you. Start cleaning your karma and you will notice a tremendous change in your life. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. Be more flexible and less stubborn.
Do you like Ilda? Other names you would love
- Armandin - Originated from German, Armandin means "Strong or Man"
- Wilko - Boy name Wilko means "Will or Desire" used prevalently in German and Frisian is of Germanic and Old High German origin
- Balderic - Balderics origin is German and Germanic, meaning of Balderic is "Bold or Powerful or King" is bestowed upon baby boys
- Gundbald - Gundbald's meaning is Struggle or Bold is rooted from Old High German
- Ernestino means Earnest used for baby boys and originated from Germanic is used especially in English and Spanish
Sibling Names for Ilda
Looking for sibling names to go with the unique and beautiful name Ilda? Look no further! We've compiled a list of names that complement Ilda's charm and style, ensuring your family has a cohesive and memorable collection of names.
Sister to Ilda
For a brother
Famous people named Ilda
- Ilda Figueiredo, Portuguese politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Portuguese Communist Party
- Ilda Andrade, from 1953 drama movie Planície Heróica, who played the N.
Lists having Ilda
- Girl names beginning with I
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Portuguese Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Fence
- Baby Names that mean Enclosure
- Baby Names that mean Protection