Ilona meaning and origin
Origin of Famed Ilona is in Hungarian, Old Greek and Latin is used in Dutch, Czech, Norwegian, German, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Hungarian and English, meaning of Ilona is "The Torch, Flanks or Shining" is used as a girl name . Ilona is derivation of Ilia. Ilia is variation of perpetual and loved Elijah. Also Ilia is variant of biblical and well-liked Iliana. Ilia is shortened form of names ending in "Ilia". Ilia is Greenlandic cognate of Elia. Originated from Hebrew and Latin, Customary Ilia, Ilia means "Flanks". Also Ilona is equivalent of Helen in German and English languages. Ilona is celebrated on November 5th.
Variants of Ilona
Csilla, Illona, Lona, Lone, Helene, Helen, Selene, Eilen, Leni, Leny, Eileen, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie, Shalona, Abelone, Magdelone, Leonie, Selen, Selina, Eilin, Lenia, Lena, Ailee, Eyleen, Alene, Aibhilin, Aveline, Eibhlin, Lanelle, Ella, Leonia, Leonarda, Leonida, Ileane, Ileen, Ileana
View middle names that goes with Ilona like Georgette, Deia, Alianna,Names that rhyme with Ilona
Popularity of Ilona
a popular name in France having over 12310 recievers in 62 years of usage. At its zenith in 2005, it ranked 48th when 1496 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Ilona used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1909 and over 3152 babies have been given the name in 109 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1946,. But after 109 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low.
Ilona is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 108 on girl names chart when 94 babies were given the name Ilona. There are over 1186 babies that have been given the name Ilona in Belgium. Ilona is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 220 babies in England and Wales have been named Ilona. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 300. There are over 321 babies that have been given the name Ilona in Switzerland.
Ilona is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Ilona is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in Hungary. Also the baby name is popular in Poland, Russia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Lithuania, Uzbekistan and Latvia. As per our evaluation, over 450000 people has been named Ilona globally.
Ilona in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ilona
In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first. You prefer to deal with things that matter and leave out all the rest. Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it. You like to take safe risks. You only need the right ones to be content in life. And you are right.
Other names similar to Ilona
- Karita means Charity is rooted from Latin and Arabic used as a baby girl name is used in Faroese, Finnish and Norwegian
- Doninique - Rare unisex name Doninique is of Latin origin, meaning of Doninique is "Belonging to the Lord, Of the Lord Belonging to God and Offered to the Lord" is particulary used in English. Doninique is a resultant of Dominic.
- Palma - Eternal and Trendy Palma is used prevalently in Finnish, Danish and English, Palma means "Palm of the Hand, "City of Palms" Celebrates August 5Th or Palm Tree". It is rooted from Latin and Greek is given to girls
- Janus - Curious unisex name Janus is used largely in Dutch, Finnish and Danish, meaning of Janus is "Archway or The Elements Ianua Meaning Door Entrance" is originated from Latin
- Trixi - Uncommon girl name Trixi came from Latin, German and English which is predominantly used in German language, Trixi means "Traveller or Pilgrim"
Namesakes of Ilona
- Ilona Fehér,
- Ilona Eibenschütz, Hungarian pianist
- Ilona Štěpánová-Kurzová, Czech concert pianist and piano teacher
- Ilona Jokinen, Finnish soprano opera singer
- Ilona Nagy, former Hungarian handball player
- Ilona Mihályka, former Hungarian handball and two times World Championship bronze medalist
- Ilona Elek, Hungarian Olympic fencer
- Ilona Mitrecey, French singer
- Ilona Senderek, Polish figure skater
- Ilona Rodgers, '
- Ilona Carson, reporter and late afternoon anchor for ABC owned-and-operated station KTRK
- Ilona Massey, Hungarian film, stage and radio performer
- Ilona Usovich, Belarusian sprinter
- Ilona Slupianek, German former shot putter
- Ilona Gusenbauer, retired Austrian high jumper
- Ilona Melnichenko, former ice dancer
- Ilona Korstin, retired Russian basketball forward of Estonian origin
- Ilona Béres in Macskafogó as Actress
- Ilona Szabo in Le nécrophile as Actress
- Ilona Ivancsics in Episode #1.329 as Actress
- Ilona Alexandra in Ripple Effect as Actress
- Ilonah Marquez in Ira as Actress
- Ilona Saic in Back It Up as Actress
- Ilona Kassai in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as Actress
- Ilonah Jean in Milan as Actress
- Ilona Bachelier in La nouvelle guerre des boutons as Actress
- Ilona Cs. Aczél is known for her acting in movie Today and Tomorrow
- In 2005 musical flick, Paskutiniai Bremeno muzikantai, Ilona Balsyte portrayed Inga.
- Ilona Belyaeva, from 1998 action and drama flick Goryachaya tochka, who characterized Lena Seleznyova.
- Ilona Bánhidy, from 1918 film Érdekházasság, who portrayed Zóra - az asszony.
- Ilona Lamée, from 1950 comedy film Die fidele Tankstelle, who played the N.
- In 1969 comedy, crime film, Az oroszlán ugrani készül, Ilona Medveczky played Klauberg Éva.
- Ilona Nagykovácsi portrayed central role of Éva in 1943 drama flick Fény és árnyék.
- Ilona Ozola portrayed the leading role of N in 1990 crime, mystery film Zagadka Endkhauza.
- In 1985, Ilona Svobodová portrayed the role of Bozena in drama movie Oldrich a Bozena.
- Ilona Titkos played the critical character of Gloria King in 1941 drama film Európa nem válaszol.
- In 1996, Ilona Strauss portrayed the role of N in animation film Glöckner von Notre Dame.
- In 1951, Ilona Kiss portrayed the role of Pongráczné in drama flick Teljes gözzel.
- Ilona Garcen, from 2007 drama flick The Descendant, who characterized Linda Duke.
Lists having Ilona
- Girl names beginning with I
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hungarian Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ona
- Popular Girl Names in France (2005)
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Shining