Jake name meaning
On This Page
What does Jake mean?
Celebrated and Perpetual Jake's origin is Hebrew bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Jake is "Supplanter, Held by the Heel, Form of Jacob or God is Merciful" is chiefly used in Swedish, English, Norwegian, Danish, Hebrew and Finnish.
Also Jake is English form of Jack. Also Jake is Finnish form of Jaakko.
Jake's impression as a baby name
Jake is a highly popular baby boy name that has been in use for several generations. It is a short and sweet name that is easy to spell and pronounce.
What makes Jake stand out from other names is its strong association with the biblical patriarch, Jacob, who was known for his strength, perseverance, and faithfulness. As such, Jake signifies qualities such as leadership, determination, and resilience.
Additionally, it has a timeless quality to it that ensures it will never go out of style. Parents who choose to name their son Jake are often drawn to its simplicity and strong meaning, making it a top choice for many families around the world.
How do I pronounce Jake?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Jake as jay-k.
Variants of JakeNames that rhyme with Jake
How popular is the name Jake?
Jake was a popular name in United States. Over 123244 babies have been given the first name in 164 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2000, the moniker grabbed the 96th spot and 4470 baby boys were given the name.
However after 164 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 5 times Also, Jake was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 64023 babies have been given the given name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, 4331 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 15th position.
However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Jake was a popular name in New South Wales.
Over 9571 babies have been named Jake since 1987. When at its peak in 1995, 684 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. However after 30 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times
Jake used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1989 and over 5530 babies have been given the name in 29 years.
At its zenith in 2015,. However after 29 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 746 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
When at the peak of its usage in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 84th spot and 192 baby boys were given the name. Also, Jake is a common name in Queensland given to over 6018 babies in 26 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1994, 400 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. Also, In Western Australia, Jake was once a common name since emerging in 1992 it has been given to over 186 babies.
At its zenith in 1992,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Jake is a common name in Victoria given to over 1260 babies in 8 years.
When at its peak in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 198 baby boys were given the name.
In Belgium, Jake is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 400 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 344 on boy names chart when 33 babies were named Jake. There are over 192 babies that have been given the name Jake in Belgium.
Jake is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1992 but could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 157 babies in France have been named Jake.
Also, it is uncommon in Switzerland, where it has been in use since 1999 and peaked in 2014 when it ranked 600th.
Jake is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it may not be used now.
There are over 186 babies that have been given the name Jake in Western Australia. But Jake is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, England, Canada and Australia.
As per our research, over 210000 people has been named Jake globally.
Jake in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jake?
Handling the problems and life situations of others keeps you distracted from your own. Travelling is your passion. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. You can't stand in one place for a long time because it bores you. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. You are compassionate, aware, and full of understanding. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Jake
- Virgil - Predominant and Conifer Latin Virgil means "Female Version of Vernon or Spring Green" which is notably used in Hungarian and Latin is used as a unisex name . On the list of baby boy names, admired Virgil managed to reach 488 in year 1976 in United States
- Ada means Graceful Manner, Kind or Decked is originated from Germanic, Hebrew and German and a unisex name is especially used in Hindi and Telugu
- Patricia - Unfading and Eminent Patricia particulary is used in Finnish and Portuguese, meaning of Patricia is "The Word Patricius with the Meaning of Noble Class, Female Version of Patrick or Nobleman", a unisex name has origin in Latin
- Margaret - Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Margaret is in Old Greek is primarily used in Swedish, Danish and English, meaning of Margaret is "Name of a Saint, Pearl or Jewel" is aimed at both boys and girls
- Ryan - Desirable gender insensitive name Ryan is majorly used in Gujarati and Hindi. It is rooted from Old Irish and Celtic, meaning of Ryan is "Little Ruler or Kingly"
Famous people named Jake
- Jake and Dinos Chapman,
- Jake Chapman,
- Jake Wetzel, Canadian rower
- Jake Swirbul, aviation pioneer and co-founder of Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation
- Jake Heggie, American composer of opera, vocal, orchestral
- Jake Burton Carpenter, American snowboarder and founder of Burton Snowboards and one of the inventors of the modern day snowboard
- Jake Baker, #REDIRECT United States v
- Jake Maskall, English television, film and theatre actor
- Jake Meyer, British climber
- Jake Riviera, music business entrepreneur best
- Jake Copass, cowboy poet who lived in the Santa Ynez Valley
- Jake Kaese, Canadian child actor
- Jake Putnam, former Emmy-winning journalist
- Jake Cooper, American Socialist
- Jake Saunders, CBE, DSO
- Jake Hartford, talk radio host who anchored the 9-11 a
- Jake Kaner, is Associate Dean of Research at the School of Art and Design
- Jake Halpern, American writer, commentator, and radio producer
- Jake Metcalfe, org] and a former Anchorage School Board President
- Jake Freeze, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Jake Guzik, financial and legal advisor
- Jake Sakson, American actor
- Jake Siemens, Canadian farmer, co-operative leader
- Jake Milford, general manager in the National Hockey League
- Jake Hancock, geologist with particular interests
- Jake LaMotta, American professional boxer
- Jake MacDonald, Canadian author
- Jake Thomas, American actor, perhaps best
- Jake E. Lee, American guitarist signed to Frontiers Records
- Jake Beckley, Major League Baseball player at the turn of the 20th century
- Jake Delhomme, former American football quarterback
- Jake Gyllenhaal, American actor
- Jake Lloyd, American former actor
- Jake Garn, American astronaut and politician
- Jake McGoldrick, former member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- Jake Howard, international rugby footballer
- Jake Hess, American Grammy Award-winning southern gospel singer
- Jake Epp, Canadian executive and former politician
- Jake Daubert, American first baseman in Major League Baseball
- Jake Plummer, former professional American football player
- Jake Roberts, Aurelian Jake Smith Jr
- Jake Burns, singer and guitarist
- Jake Peavy, American professional baseball pitcher
- Jake White, rugby union coach and former coach of the South African national team – the 'Springboks' – whom he coached to victory
- Jake Thackray, English singer-songwriter, poet and journalist
- Jake Gold, American-born Canadian musician manager
- Jake Shimabukuro, American ukulele virtuoso and composer
- Jake Scott, former American football free safety and punt returner
- Jake Siewert, Richard L. "Jake" Siewert Jr
- Jake Weber, English actor
- Jake Epstein, Canadian actor and singer
Lists having Jake
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Jak
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2006)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (1996)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean Supplants
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Merciful