Jorun meaning and origin
Used dominantly in Finnish, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish, Jorun has origin in Old Greek is used for both genders. Jorun is a variant form of Jorunn. Jorunn is Norwegian form of Iórunn. Jorunn means Chiefly Love has origin in Old Norse. Also. Jorun is variant form of commonly accepted Joren. Joren is version of pious and long standing George. Joren is Norwegian cognate of Jorunn.
Variants of JorunNames that rhyme with Jorun
Popularity of Jorun
Jorun is a common baby name in Norway while it is somewhat familiar in Sweden. According to our findings, at least 4000 people have been bestowed Jorun around the globe, concentrated mainly Nordic regions.
Jorun in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jorun?
If your name ends with letter N, you are not an ordinary person. You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions. You live to surprise yourself. Take a break to recharge your batteries and keep track with your life. And not just at this point but since always. You know a way out but prefer to dwell in your comfort zone. Lies can be comforting, but you always prefer to hear the ugly truth instead.
Parents who liked Jorun, loved these names
- Démétrio means Earth-Lover and is mainly used in Spanish is rooted from Greek
- Marie-Agnès - Marie-Agnès's meaning is Princess of the Sea or Pure has its origin in Greek and Hebrew
- Nicholas - Well-Liked and Ever lasting unisex name Nicholas means "Victory of the People or Victorious Person", primarily used in French, English and Swedish is of Old Greek origin
- Dema - Sufficiently quirky and Evergreen unisex name Dema has its origin in Old Greek, meaning of Dema is "The Rainy Cloud, Down Pour or Downpour" is used predominantly in Russian and Arabic
- Ellena - Originated from Old Greek, Odd and Conifer Ellena means "Most Beautiful Woman or Light" which is majorly used in Arabic and English is used as a unisex name
Namesakes of Jorun
- Jorun Stiansen, Norwegian pop singer and artist
- Jorun Askersrud Nygaard, Norwegian cross country skier and athlete during the 1950s
- Jorun Erdal, Norwegian singer and musical theatre artist