Lilia name meaning
What does Lilia mean?
Dominant and Ceaseless gender-neutral name Lilia is originated from Old English, Latin, Arabic and Sanskrit, meaning of Lilia is "Night or Form of Lilac" is chiefly used in Arabic, Italian, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, English, Hawaiian and Spanish. Lilia is variation of Lilja. Lilja is variation of soaring and perennial Lily. Commonly Accepted and Evergreen Lilja is originated from Scandinavian and English, Lilja means "Lily". Lilia is derivative of Lila. Lila is variation of popular and perpetual Lily. Also Lila is a version of perennial and biblical Delila. Lila is resulted from Léa. Lila means Night, Pleasure and Lily is rooted from Latin, Sanskrit and Arabic.
How does Lilia feel as a baby name?
Lilia is a charming baby girl name that evokes feelings of grace and beauty. Its Latin origin means "lily," which is a symbol of purity, innocence, and renewal. Lilia has a lovely sound that rolls off the tongue, making it easy to say and remember. It has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its unique spelling and the fact that it's not as common as some other names. Lilia exudes elegance and femininity, making it an excellent choice for parents who want their daughter to have a name that stands out from the crowd while still being timeless and classic.
How do I pronounce Lilia?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Lilia is l(i)-lia.
Variants of Lilia
Liliah, Lilja, Lily, Lillia, Leelee, Lila, Lilli, LilygraceNames that rhyme with Lilia
How popular is the name Lilia?
Lilia was a popular name in France. Over 10787 babies have been named Lilia since 1900. At the peak of its usage in 2012, the moniker grabbed the 117th spot and 561 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 116 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names 44 times Lilia is common in United States where over 12490 new-borns have been given the name since 1884. When at its peak in 1928, the moniker grabbed the 749th spot and 308 baby girls were given the name. Also, Lilia is common in England and Wales where over 2362 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 2007, it ranked 175th when 304 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
In Belgium, Lilia is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 221 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Lilia. Over 466 babies in Belgium have been named Lilia. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 424 (2013) in its 12 years run on Ireland naming chart. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 400. Over 256 babies in Switzerland have been named Lilia.
However things change on global perspective, Lilia is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 900 have the name as well as in Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Russia, India, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Peru, Moldova, Ecuador, Tunisia, Germany, Algeria, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Turkmenistan, Cuba and Madagascar. According to our research, at least 800000 people have been bestowed Lilia around the globe.
Lilia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lilia?
You prefer to have people work on your success instead of working on it yourself. To have letter A as your capstone in your name represents your wild personality, individuality, originality and ambitious spirit. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. You are being too hard on people when it comes to their beliefs because you feel the constant urge to prove your theories.
Other names similar to Lilia
- Maryum - Rare girl name Maryum is used specifically in Sindhi and Arabic, Maryum means "Mother of Isa"
- Sadiqua - Queer girl name Sadiqua means "Kindly" and is mostly used in Arabic, Kannada and Gujarati has origin in Arabic
- Rafi - Unconventional boy name Rafi means "Another Name for God, Exalted or Comforter" which is used chiefly in Arabic and English is originated from Hebrew and Arabic
- Lylah - Trendy Lylah has its origin in Sanskrit and Arabic languages bestowed upon baby girls which is used notably in English and Arabic, Lylah means "Night or Seductive"
- Jona - Used mostly in Swedish, Finnish and Tamil unusual, Jona means "Dove or Yahweh is Gracious" is a gender-neutral name has its origin in Arabic and Hebrew
Middle names for Lilia
There are many familiar and sweet middle names that are commonly paired with Lilia.
View more middle names that goes with Lilia.
Famous people named Lilia
- Lilia Dizon, postwar Filipina actress
- Lilia Vaygina-Efremova, Russian, Belarusian, and Ukrainian biathlete
- Lilia Estrin Dallin, prominent member of Trotsky's Paris organization
- Lilia Podkopayeva, Ukrainian former artistic gymnast
- Lilia Skala, Austrian-American actress
- Lilia Kopylova, Russian professional dancer
- Lilia Prado, Mexican actress and dancer
- Lilia Osterloh, retired tennis player from the United States
- Lilia Biktagirova, Russian former competitive figure skater
- Lilia Ignatova, Bulgarian modern rhythmic gymnast
- Lilia Merodio Reza, Merodio studied business administration at the Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez
- Lilia Izquierdo, former female volleyball player from Cuba
- Lilia Michel in Vértigo as Actress
- Liliana Nelska in La pianiste as Actress
- Liliana Santos in O Pacto as Actress
- Lilian Naumann in Die Weiberwallfahrt as Actress
- Liliane Rovère in Harry, un ami qui vous veut du bien as Actress
- Lilian Bach in Married to a Witch as Actress
- Liliana Durán in Escuela de vagabundos as Actress
- Liliana Pizzuto in Sex and the City 2 as Actress
- Liliana Vega in Existing as Casting Director
- Lilian Kerstin in as
- Lilia Kédrova Lilia Ké drova was an actress born in Russia.
- Actor Lilia Dale, noted for movie Mister Max
- Lilia Castillo characterized the important character of Ana in 1969 action and adventure film Alerta, alta tensión.
- In 1957, Lilia Lazo characterized the role of Fina in crime, film-noir film Affair in Havana.
- Lilia Silvi, from 1940 comedy flick Dopo divorzieremo, who characterized Fanny Sullivan.
- In 1971 film, Banal na pag-ibig, Lilia Ramos portrayed N.
- Lilia Galisay, from 1920 film La trentesima perla, who characterized N.
- In 1938 musical, romance flick, Doña Clara, Lilia Vizconde played N.
Lists having Lilia
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hawaiian Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lil
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Symbol
- Baby Names that mean Innocence
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Lily
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Companion