Lilian name meaning
On This Page
What does Lilian mean?
Famed and Evergreen unisex name Lilian is used in English, Danish, Arabic, Finnish, Norwegian, Greenlandic and Swedish has its roots in Old English, Latin and Hebrew, Lilian means "Lily Flower and Ann, Blend of Lily, Gracious, Symbol of Innocence, Purity, Beauty, My God is a Vow, Favour, Fleur De Lys or My God is Perfect".
Lilian is short of Elizabeth. Elizabeth means God is Fullness and God is Perfection God is My Oath is rooted from Hebrew.. Also Lilian is English and French equivalent of Lily.
It is celebrated on July 27th.
How do I pronounce Lilian?
Two syllabled Lilian is pronounced as l(i)-lian.
Variants of Lilian
Nicknames for Lilian
Plenty of nicknames available for baby name Lilian include:Names that rhyme with Lilian
How popular is the name Lilian?
Lilian was a popular name in United States. Over 16881 babies have been given the name in 139 years. When at its peak in 1882, it ranked 360th when 784 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 139 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 21 times Also, Lilian was a popular name in France.
Over 26183 babies have been named Lilian since 1907. When at its peak in 2006, the moniker grabbed the 60th spot and 1416 baby boys were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 141 years.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 13 times
Lilian is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 451 on girl names chart when 90 babies were given the name Lilian. Over 1443 people have been named Lilian in England and Wales.
Lilian is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 494 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Lilian.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 343 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Lilian.
There are over 395 babies that have been given the name Lilian in Belgium.
Lilian is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1964 but could not make beyond the top 200.
Over 311 babies in Ireland have been named Lilian. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 400. There are over 274 babies that have been given the name Lilian in Switzerland.
Lilian is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Lilian is extremely popular in Kenya where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Brazil, China, Tanzania and Nigeria.
Also the baby name is popular in Uganda, England, Guatemala, Philippines, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Honduras, Paraguay, Egypt, Argentina, Sudan, Chile, Ghana, Mexico, El Salvador, Ecuador, Venezuela, South Africa, Malawi, Bolivia, Colombia, Rwanda, Peru, Cameroon, Lebanon and Uruguay.
According to our evaluation, at least 1190000 people have been bestowed Lilian around the globe.
Lilian in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Lilian
Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. Forgive in order to receive forgiveness. You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. You are the original fellow everyone admires. You are the inspirational voice that your friends and family admire and are proud of. Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. The only person you need to prove yourself is the person you see in the mirror every day.
Do you like Lilian? You would love these names
- Siffat - Mainly used in English and Arabic, Siffat means "Praise" is a gender insensitive name
- Muhamad - Rare boy name Muhamad is of Arabic origin, Muhamad means "Moonshine or The Prophet" is commonly used in Arabic and Hindi
- Ananda means Full of Joy, Joyful or Happiness has origin in Sanskrit bestowed upon both genders is used dominantly in Tamil, Arabic and Hindi
- Bijli - Bijli's meaning is Bright, Lightening or Lightning is used as a girl name is dominantly used in Kannada, Malayalam and Bengali
- Fadl - Used predominantly in Arabic, Gujarati and Kannada, Fadl has its origin in Arabic and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, Fadl means "Favor, Generosity or Honourable"
Famous people named Lilian
- Lilian Bowes Lyon, British poet
- Lilian Katz, professor emerita of early childhood education at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Lilian Lee, Hong Kong novelist, screenwriter and reporter
- Lilian Stiles-Allen, British soprano of the mid 20th century
- Lilian Barker, DBE
- Lilian Gibbs, British botanist
- Lilian Vaughan Morgan, American experimental biologist
- Lilian Rolfe, Allied secret agent in World War II.
- Lilian Thuram, French retired professional football defender and the most capped player
- Lilian Jackson Braun, American writer well
- Lilian Baylis,
- Lilian Garcia, Spanish-American retired ring announcer and singer best
- Lilian Braithwaite, English actress, primarily of the stage
- Lilian Nalis, French former footballer
- Lilian Harvey, Anglo-German actress and singer, long based
- Lilian Laslandes, retired French footballer
- Lilian Marguerite Medland, nurse and illustrator of books on birds
- Lilian Velez, Filipino film actress and singer
- Lilian Jégou, French road racing cyclist
- Lilian Darcy, is popular Australian writer of over 75 medical romance novels since 1981
- Lilian Compan, After his player career
- Liliana Nelska in La pianiste as Actress
- Liliana Santos in O Pacto as Actress
- Lilian Naumann in Die Weiberwallfahrt as Actress
- Liliane Rovère in Harry, un ami qui vous veut du bien as Actress
- Lilian Bach in Married to a Witch as Actress
- Liliana Durán in Escuela de vagabundos as Actress
- Liliana Pizzuto in Sex and the City 2 as Actress
- Liliana Vega in Existing as Casting Director
- Lilian Kerstin in as
- Liliane Leilan Juma in Tomorrowland as Actress
- Lilian Suzette Gibbs was an English botanist.
- Writer Lilian Belmont, famous for movie Es schl�gt 13
- Lilian Constantini characterized the leading character of La princesse Nouriskine in 1926 movie En plongée.
- In 2006, Lilian Edirisinghe characterized the role of N in action flick Supiri Balawatha.
- Lilian Ellis played key character of Dina Kent in 1931 drama, romance film Die Frau von der man spricht.
- Lilian Macías portrayed the minor character of N in 1991 action film El ninja mexicano.
- In 1965, Lilian Miniati portrayed the role of N in drama, romance film Me potises farmaki.
- Lilian Oldland, from 1931 drama movie Jealousy, who portrayed the Joyce Newcombe.
- Lilian Sukis played the central character of Angele Didier in 1972 comedy, musical flick Der Graf von Luxemburg.
- Lilian Davis, from 1979 drama movie La mujer perfecta, who played Margarita.
- In 1965 drama movie, Um Ramo para Luíza, Lilian Campos played N.
- Lilian Li, from 1937 movie Ya sui qian, who portrayed N.
- In 2009, Lilian Navrozashvili characterized the role of Medea in drama and fantasy movie Medeya.
- In 2013, Lilian Fittipaldi portrayed the role of Clienta Plaza in thriller film Visiones.
Lists having Lilian
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lil
- Boy names that ends with -ian
- Popular Boy Names in France (2010)
- Baby Names that mean Lily
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Symbol
- Baby Names that mean Innocence
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Vow
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Perfect