Madeline meaning and origin
Meaning of Madeline is One who is Elevated, Woman from Magdala, From the High Tower, Villager of Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene or Native of Magdala used for both genders used dominantly in Norwegian, Finnish, French, Swedish, English and Danish has its origin in Hebrew. Madeline is variant form of biblical and persistent Madeleine. Madeleine is version of everlasting, biblical and pleasing Magdalena. Madeleine is equivalent of Magdalena in English and French languages. Also Madeleine is form of Magdalena in French language. Celebrated and Ceaseless Madeleine came from Hebrew, meaning of Madeleine is "Woman from Magdala and Village In Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene". Madeline is version of biblical, predominant and unfading Magdalena. Magdalena is equivalent of Μαγδαληνη Which is a Greek Form of a Hebrew Epithet: in Latin language. Magdalena's meaning is Magdalene, Of Magdala and The Biblical Mary Magdalene Came from Magdala Area Near the Sea of Galilee is originated from Hebrew. The name is celebrated on July 22nd.
Variants of Madeline
View middle names that goes with Madeline like Grace, Noelle, Vergie, Zelma, Deena, Lesly,Names that rhyme with Madeline
Popularity of Madeline
Madeline was a very popular name in United States. Over 187643 babies have been named Madeline since 1880. When at its peak in 1998, 5868 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 50th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 172 years. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Madeline used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 5618 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 2003,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in France with over 3615 new-borns have been given the name since 1901. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1990, the moniker grabbed the 295th spot and 161 baby girls were given the name. Also, Madeline is a common name in New South Wales given to over 2626 babies in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1997, 202 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 32nd position. Also, Madeline is a common name in Queensland given to over 1491 babies in 21 years. At its zenith in 1997, 116 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 32nd position.
Madeline is a familiar baby name in Victoria, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 72 on girl names chart when 72 babies were given the name Madeline. There are over 630 babies that have been given the name Madeline in Victoria. Madeline is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 140 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Madeline. Over 539 babies in Ireland have been named Madeline. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 353 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Madeline. There are over 348 babies that have been given the name Madeline in Belgium.
But Madeline is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Philippines. As per our evaluation, over 200000 people has been named Madeline globally.
Madeline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Madeline
You have the heart of a warrior. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You have a quick mind. Remember that you are not the only person who's struggling with something. And you are not alone as you think. Learn to be strong and perceptive.
Other names similar to Madeline
- Florence - Florence's meaning is Charming or Flowering is a unisex name. It is rooted from Latin is used prevalently in Danish, Norwegian and French. Among baby girl names, prevailing Florence elevated to 487th position in 1967 in United States
- Ashton - Ashton's meaning is Ash Tree Settlement, Town of Ash Trees or Ash or Village used for both sexes and is used primarily in English and English is originated from Anglo-Saxon and Old English
- Brett - Prominent Bretts origin is Old English is chiefly used in Breton and English and is aimed at both sexes, meaning of Brett is "Native of Brittany, From Britain or Prince"
- Alfred - Eternal and Dominant Alfred prevalently is used in Icelandic, Dutch and Polish, meaning of Alfred is "Elf Counsel or Counsel from the Elves" which came from German and Old Norse is bestowed upon both sexes
- Debbie - Debbie's meaning is A Bee or Form of Deborah is notably used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish and is aimed at both genders came from Hebrew and English
Namesakes of Madeline
- Madeline Gleason, United States poet and dramatist
- Madeline Cheek Hunter, American educator
- Madeline and Marion Fairbanks, were stage and motion picture actresses active
- Madeline Fairbanks,
- Madeline DeFrees, American poet born in Ontario, Oregon,
- Madeline Davis, noted gay rights activist
- Madeline Wheeler Murphy, well known African-American community activist
- Madeline Schiller, English-born pianist
- Madeline Amy Sweeney, American flight attendant killed on board American Airlines Flight 11 during the September 11 attacks
- Madeline Kahn, American actress, comedian, voice actress
- Madeline Bassett, recurring fictional character
- Madeline Zima, American actress
- Madeline Smith, English actress
- Madeline Bell, American soul singer,
- Madeline Hartog-Bel, Peruvian model and beauty queen
- Madeline Manning, former American runner
- Madeline Hunter, American author of romance novels
- Madeline Hurlock, silent film actress, hailing from Federalsburg
- Madeline Duggan, British actress best
- Madeline Willemsen, Puerto Rican actress and comedian,
- Madeline McDowell Breckinridge, leader of the women's suffrage movement and one of Kentucky's leading progressive reformers
- Madeline Sonik, Canadian author
- Madeline Carroll, American actress
- Madeline Gins, American artist, architect and poet
- Madeline Harper, may be the best known joint pseudonym of the American writing team Madeline Porter and Shannon Harper
- Madeline Eastman, American jazz singer
- Madeline Vail in Holy Man as Actress
- Madeline Doherty in Anastasia as Actress
- Madeline Marie in The Demon Within as Actress
- Madeline Hill in I Am Legend as Actress
- Madeline Anderson in The Off Hours as Actress
- Madeline Wager in iSteve as Actress
- Madeline Stow in Big Top Magnifique as Actress
- Madeline West in Episode dated 21 April 2005 as
- Madeline Lee Gilford was a theatrical and film actress and social activist of American nationality, and that in the last years of its race was dedicated to the theatrical production.
- Madeline Benson characterized the central role of N in 1997 film The Lighthouse.
- Madeline Pardee characterized the important role of Comrade Ellen in 1915 drama film Comrade John.
- In 2007 comedy movie, The Red Sandwich Christmas Hour, Madeline Long characterized Mamie Raye.
- In 2015 comedy, drama flick, Past Crossroads, Madeline Lewis characterized Karen.
- In 2010, Madeline McNulty portrayed the role of Adelle in horror flick Adelle.
Lists having Madeline
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Girl names that starts with Mad
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Elevated
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Tower
- Baby Names that mean Villager
- Baby Names that mean Mary