Summer meaning and origin
Meaning of Summer is The Warmest Season of the Year or Summer Season is used substantially in Danish, Finnish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and Arabic aimed at both sexes is of Old English and English origin.
Variants of Summer
View middle names that goes with Summer like Cher, Heather, Moriah, Earnestine, Dolly, Bernice,Names that rhyme with Summer
Popularity of Summer
a popular name in United States with over 78105 new-borns have been given the name since 1918. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1977, 2558 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 119th position. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 44 times Also, Summer is a popular in England and Wales where over 20958 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at its peak in 2008, 2270 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 23rd position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 7 times
In New South Wales, Summer was once a common name since emerging in 2005 it has been given to over 1892 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2010,. However after 15 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Summer used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 2004 and over 2024 babies have been given the name in 16 years. At its zenith in 2010,. After 16 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Summer is a common name in Victoria given to over 966 babies in 11 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 43rd spot and 104 baby girls were given the name.
Summer is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 55 babies were given Summer and it reached its peak ranking, 34 on girl names chart. In Ireland, Summer is a unique name where it has been in use since 2003 and has secured the place in top 200 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 124 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Summer. Over 510 babies in Ireland have been named Summer. Also, in France, the name has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 2000 names. Recently in 2016, it ranked 1143rd when 39 girls were named Summer. Over 292 babies in France have been named Summer.
Summer is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 1995, peaked in 2014 when it ranked 714th. Summer is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it is still in use. But Summer is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 140000 have the name as well as in Egypt. According to our research, at least 100000 people have been bestowed Summer around the globe.
Summer in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Summer?
You like to establish deep connections for life rather than just hang around with different people all the time. Allow your logical mind to take a break and follow your heart for once in your life. You are a person of change and spontaneity. The letter U as your vowel represents your cleverness and fascinating character. You get up, eat healthily, go to work, avoid jealous and envious people, love and pay attention to the people you love, and stay away from stupid people.
Do you like Summer? You would love these names
- Sabhya principally is used in Gujarati and Tamil, meaning of Sabhya is "Refined or Mannered" is a gender insensitive name
- Saroj - Origin of Saroj is in Sanskrit bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Saroj is "Everything is Possible or Lotus" is mostly used in Assamese, Gujarati and Sikh
- Hinda - Odd girl name Hinda is originated from Yiddish and Hebrew, meaning of Hinda is "India, Reh or Camel Group" is used commonly in Malayalam and Oriya
- Shibli - Boy name Shibli is used dominantly in Arabic and Sindhi languages, meaning of Shibli is "Mawlana Shibli Numani was a Great Scholar or Writer"
- Ekram - Recent and Sufficiently quirky Ekram primarily is used in Hindi and Kannada is originated from Sanskrit, meaning of Ekram is "Honour or Honor" is given to both genders
Namesakes of Summer
- Summer Lochowicz, Australian beach volleyball player and team partner of Kerri Pottharst in her Olympic debut at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Summer Erb, American female basketball player
- Summer Altice, American fashion model and actress
- Summer Phoenix, American actress, model and designer
- Summer Glau, American actress best
- Summer Sanders, American former competition swimmer and Olympic champion
- Summer Bartholomew, American actress
- Summer Bishil, American actress
- Summer Strallen, English actress
- Summer Watson, British operatic soprano
- Summer Roberts in G.B.F. as Actress
- Summer Raine in Adventures of Dirty Dog, Volume 3: Cross Breeding as Actress
- Summer Stewart in The Toy Soldiers as Actress
- In 2008, Summer Olsson characterized the role of Gertrude in comedy movie Hamlet the Vampire Slayer.
- In 2012, Summer Hill Seven portrayed the role of Gordon in comedy and drama flick Subway Song.
Lists having Summer
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Season
- Baby Names that mean Summer